Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > COMPLETE LIST of 2006 Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Complete List of 2006 Releases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complete List of 2006 Releases
    Posted: December 05 2006 at 3:23am

Let the members of IMDb speak, Head Razzberry...
As of December 5th, eight 2006 movie titles are on the bottom 100. They are:

1. Material Girls
2. Zoom
3. Phat Girlz
4. Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector
5. Doogal
6. Little Man
7. Bloodrayne
8. Date Movie

I noticed that Material Girls and Phat Girls have spent some time in the worst movie ever made slot (#1) on the list, so you should pay special attention to those two. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: I am fairly certain that MATERIAL GIRLS will end up with a RAZZIE nomination or two (at this time, the Duff sisters are likely to be jointly listed on our Nominating Ballot for both Worst Actress and Worst Screen Couple). PHAT GIRLZ, I'm not so sure about. According to B.O. MoJo, it grossed about $7 million, and was rated "D" -- But by a mere 96 people. On Rotten Tomatoes, it is currently getting a 23% Approval Rate, which is in RAZZIE range, but not down there with BLOODRAYNE (5%) or ZOOM (0%). As I find myself pointing out every year, even we cannot possibly RAZZ every deservingly bad movie Hollywood makes...

jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 8:46am

To the Head Razzberry-

I forgot to mention that from my list on Imdb, I (accidentally) saw one of them: Date Movie

I won't go into how awful it is, I'll just say that it badly deserves a worst screenplay nomination, if nothing else. It is one of the poorest written scripts I have ever read.

I think Date Movie will compete with Little Man for a slot in the five worst picture nominees (I have heard that both of them are bad in a similar way).

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 11:14am

As I find myself pointing out every year, even we cannot possibly RAZZ every deservingly bad movie Hollywood makes...

If one accepts Sturgeon's Law, that 95% of everything is crap, Hollywood has already released 438 Razzable movies this year.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 8:44am

Here are film critic Michael Medved's worst reviewed movies this year:

1. Jack*ss: Number Two (zero out of four stars)

2. Van Wilder: The Rise of Taj (one out of four)

3. Deck the Halls (one out of four)

4. Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector (one out of four)

5. The Hills Have Eyes (one out of four)

I don't think that it will be nominated for worst picture, but I think that Jack*ss: Number Two should get nominated in its own special  category, whatever it may be. Maybe the "worst excuse for an actual movie" category should be brought back. It could include nominess such as Jack*ss:Number Two, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo drift, Date Movie and Little Man. 

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 3:58pm

Update on "Broken Bridges" and "One Night with the King", they make their debuts on broadcast TV THIS month, both will be released on DVD within the next two months.

If anyone wants to check 'em out (and see if they qualify for Razzie consideration), here you guys go, LINKS below:

Broken Bridges
One Night with the King

Response from Head RAZZberry: Here, also, is a LINK to the IMDb page for ONE NIGHT WITH THE KING (which, from the title, I assumed was some kind of Elvis movie). Although both films did receive brief (and apparently limited) theatrical release in 2006, I'm not sure either of them were widely enough seen to get attention from our Voting Members. Thanks for the hedz-up, though!

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 12:17pm
Out of the nearly 500 titles listed above, maybe 2 or 3 dozen can even arguably be considered legitimate Oscar contenders -- But at least 5 dozen would get no argument from most movie-goers if they became Razzie contenders. What that says about modern Hollywood, and its crappy movie output, speaks volumes!
Everything SUX!
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 3:53am
Hey HeadRazz,

Have you or anybody seen this? This has to be the LOWEST grossing B.O. film of all time. It came out this year and no one noticed.

Site = http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=8378

Site w/ box office gross = http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=zyzzyxroad.htm
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 3:04am

Hey HeadRAZZ --
Why are the discussions for the 2005 movies still on the Forum? It's 2007 already! And where is a Forum for looking at likely Razzie contenders that will be released this year?

Response from Head RAZZberry: Our Web Master sez never to delete anything from our Forum, as someone may wish to view or respond to it at a future date. Also, they form a kind of "archive" of our recent RAZZIE past, thus our 2005 discussions remain. As for 2007 titles, we have already started discussing them -- here's a LINK to see what's already been posted there...

WarioGolf View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote WarioGolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 11:48am
Hi! I'm new here.
Anyway, to bad this movie was not there, it probably was bad:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=zyzzyxroad.htm

Look at how much it grossed!
SuperGlucose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperGlucose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 6:10pm
Material Girls might have destroyed any humanity in anyone who saw it.  From the previews, I determined that it is the worst possible movie for anyone to see, especially the type of teenager who is into Hilary Duff.  Usually I don't harp on movies as influences, but seriously, I would applaud the Federal Government censoring this filth as it IS dangerous to an entire generation of females.  Later on, I saw this movie (thank god for the stop button on my remote control) and it furthered my beliefs: this movie makes it appear that being ditzy is a good career move.  Can we have the Duffs taken out and shot now?  Why is it Disney Channel can get away with turning their horrid actors into bad singers, then these horrible people get snapped up into the movie industry?  Where has the talent gone?  Who is going to be the next Harrison Ford?  Cmon... I need something to keep me going.
Up, in the Cytoplasm, is it an amino acid? Is it a nucleotide? No, it's SUPERGLUCOSE!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12