Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on JACK & JILL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Consider This a RAZZIE® Two-for-One Offer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Consider This a RAZZIE® Two-for-One Offer!
    Posted: November 09 2011 at 9:07am
YOU'VE ALL HAD YER DOUBLE-BARRELED SHOT-GUNS LOADED and READY to FIRE AWAY for MONTHS at JACK & JILL...A.K.A. ADAM SANDLER's THIRD POTENTIAL WORST PICTURE CONTENDER for 2011 (LINK #1, LINK #2). 

BE SURE to WEAR EAR PROTECTION, as the SOUND of GUNFIRE ID LIKELY to BE DEAFENING! 

AND HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY's TAKE on  the MOVIE... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 10:10am
What we'll need to discuss is the only thing we don't know yet: Will this be worse than JUST GO WITH IT?  

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

ADAM SANDLER's THIRD POTENTIAL WORST PICTURE CONTENDER for 2011 (LINK #1, LINK #2).

What do you mean? If BUCKY LARSON gets nominated for Worst Picture, will Sandler be nominated for being the producer? Also, he could also get nominated for ZOOKEEPER...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: In addition to being one of the producers of BUCKY LARSON, Sandler is also one of the film's co-screenwriters (IMDb LINK) so he's likelier to be a contender for that than for ZOOKEEPER...although the possibility exists that he could wind up with a record number of nominations for a single year, strewn across FOUR different film titles... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 11:36am
A few words come to mind about this film: 

When it comes to drag, Adam Sandler is NOT in the Dustin Hoffman league...  

I can just imagine at this moment Sandler arguing with Nicolas Cage over why one deserves the Razzie for Worst Actor more than the other. 

P.S. Where is Paul Thomas Anderson when you need him?
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 2:25pm
This is turning out to be my personal week from hell...first that whole gut wrenching thing going on at Penn State, now another Adam Sandler movie being released that is almost certain to get some Razzie nominations. I've thrown up into my mouth so many times the past two days it will take me until next June to get that taste out.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 2:36pm
I've been thinking, and I predict Cage will win. Most times the voters pick the people they feel are long overdue. And Sandler has already won. Either way, Maybe the voters will wanna vote Cage for Worst Actor and Sandler for Worst Actress, so it can be a "win-win" situation. 

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

I can just imagine at this moment Sandler arguing with Nicolas Cage over why one deserves the Razzie for Worst Actor than the other.

I have the feeling this will not be worse than JUST GO WITH IT, but this one will be more fresh in the voters' minds. 

Originally posted by Vits

What we'll need to discuss is the only thing we don't know yet: Will this be worse than JUST GO WITH IT?

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 5:17pm
The first review is up. It's one and a half stars out of five. I told my mom about it and she thinks it's too high!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 8:44pm
As I've said before, Adam Sandler has had 11 of his films make my Bottom 40 Lists since 2000: 

Little Nicky, 2000, #5 Worst 

The Animal, 2001, #21 Worst 

Mr. Deeds, 2002, #12 Worst 

Eight Crazy Nights, 2002, #8 Worst 

Anger Management, 2003, #29 Worst 

Along Came Polly, 2004, #10 Worst 

The Longest Yard [remake], 2005, #10 Worst 

Click, 2006, #39 Worst 

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, 2007, #5 Worst 

You Don't Mess With the Zohan, 2008, #40 Worst 

Grown-Ups, 2010, #13 Worst 

Plus, all 4 films Adam Sandler has been in this year are slated for my Bottom 40 Films of 2011

Katie Noelle-Holmes has starred in 4 films on my Top 40 and 1 on my Bottom 40:

Wonder Boys, 2000, 16th Best

Pieces of April, 2003, 15th Best

Batman Begins, 2005, 11th Best

Thank You For Smoking, 2006, 25th Best

First Daughter, 2004, #35 Worst

...But I wouldn't classify her as a RAZZIE Repeat Offender because she's only gotten 1 RAZZIE nomination, and that was for a good movie.

Al Pacino starred in 2 of my recent Top 40ers and 4 of my past Bottom 40ers: 

Insomnia, 2002, 31st Best 

The Merchant of Venice, 2004, 35th Best 

Gigli, 2003, #1 Worst 

Two For the Money, 2005, #24 Worst 

Righteous Kill, 2008, #19 Worst 

88 Minutes, 2008, #16 Worst 

Hopefully Americans aren't dumb enough to make Jack & Jill eligible for "Worst Film Everyone Saw" (commercial success and critical failure are the criteria)... because if I would last 3 months under Mitt Romney, I'd be surprised.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You're slightly off on Katie Holmes' RAZZIE® track record -- She was nominated as Worst Supporting Actress for BATMAN BEGINS, and was a "co-winner" of our one-off category Most Tiresome Tabloid Target in 2005, alongside hubby Tom Cruise (IMDb LINK). So calling her a "Repeat Offender" isn't that much of a stretch. If she were to be "recognized" this year for this film and/or SON OF NO ONE, it would be her third time as a nominee...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2011 at 6:48am
Yesterday I asked a friend if he was gonan see this movie. He said he hadn't heard of it, so I explained the premise. He said "I don't think so!" Then he saw the trailer, and I noticed he was laughing. When I asked him again if he was gonna see it, he said, "No,I was just laughing at the stupidity of it". 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

As I've said before, Adam Sandler has had 11 of his films make my Bottom 40 Lists since 2000:
Along Came Polly, 2004, #10 Worst
Confused
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2011 at 5:30pm
There's now 28 reviews in, all negative! If this tanks, it might make Sandler realize that he needs to put effort into his movies.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 6:36am
You know it's very unlikely this film is going to tank, especially since it's demographic is ten and younger, and I think it might be given a boost since all of the wide releases this week (J. Edgar, The Immortals, and most of all Jack and Jill) are getting mixed-to-negative reviews. It's possible, just not all that likely. And even if it does fail, Sandler already has two more movies in production, one of which actually sounds promising.  

Then again, I thought the Smurfs was going to flop, so what I do know??  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

There's now 28 reviews in, all negative! If this tanks, it might make Sandler realize that he needs to put effort into his movies.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 6:55am
For a long time, people have been expecting Sandler to finally make a movie with a 0%. He did... twice... within the same year! The R.T. concensus says "Although it features an inexplicably committed performance from Al Pacino*, the film is impossible to recommend on any level whatsoever". This means not even Sandler fans will like it (unless they're die-hard and stubborn). I predict this movie will have a big opening, and from that point it may not be a flop but it won't raise as much as expected.

*Knowing the Razzies, he still will be in consideration, right?

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

You're slightly off on Katie Holmes' RAZZIE® track record -- She was nominated as Worst Supporting Actress for BATMAN BEGINS, and was a "co-winner" of our one-off category Most Tiresome Tabloid Target in 2005, alongside hubby Tom Cruise (IMDb LINK). So calling her a "Repeat Offender" isn't that much of a stretch. If she were to be "recognized" this year for this film and/or SON OF NO ONE, it would be her third time as a nominee...

I know it's weird to discuss this with the creator of the Razzie, but I still don't think she's a repeat offender. I'd say that would mean at least 5 nominations, and one of the ones she had wasn't because of her acting. Also, half her movies have been bad. She's not the Oscar version of a repeat offender either.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 7:52am
There's now 48 reviews in, still all negative! I know that this will make un-Godly amounts of money, but there's I still have a feeling that maybe his fans will reject this like they rejected Bucky Larsen.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 8:33am
It's got a 0 on Rotten Tomatoes. OH, I feel the sirens calling me to the silver screen!!!!!  

The BURNING QUESTION I have...Can this be nominated as Worst Remake...of GLEN OR GLENDA?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Funny idea, but I think it's a bit too much of a stretch...FEEDBACK, ANYONE?!?!?

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 8:59am
Now it has 2%, so much for that "Perfect Zero."
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 9:02am
I'm fairly certain that Bucky Larson was marketed as just a Happy Madison/Nick Swardson vehicle, and those don't always make money (Cough -- Strange Wilderness -- cough). Plus, Jack and Jill is rated PG (and has families in mind which is  a big crowd) whereas Bucky was rated R.    

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

There's now 48 reviews in, still all negative! I know that this will make un-Godly amounts of money, but there's I still have a feeling that maybe his fans will reject this like they rejected Bucky Larsen.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 10:03am
2%?? Let me guess... Armond White's doing I presume... 

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Now it has 2%, so much for that "Perfect Zero."
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>