Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on JACK & JILL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Consider This a RAZZIE® Two-for-One Offer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Consider This a RAZZIE® Two-for-One Offer!
    Posted: November 12 2011 at 11:05am

And Nick Swardson is in this one too!?!?!?!

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 12:13pm
Probably the third of those. I don't hate Sandler, and I don't like him either. And I doubt a film of his would get away with no Razzies, no matter the box office. I'm just saying that you could argue that any Adam Sandler comedy in the past ten years sucks, and his audiences are stupid...  

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Just so we're clear here, whatsthepoint -- Are you trying to argue that if JACK & JILL is a box office hit, it's somehow exempt from RAZZIE® consideration...are you a fan of Adam Sandler's...or are you just seeing if you can stir up some controversy to liven up our discussion??

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 12:20pm
As is Allen Covert, David Spade, Tim Meadows, Norm MacDonald, Dana Carvey, and so, and so on...

Originally posted by Odyssey

Nick Swardson is in this one too!?!?!?!

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 12:53pm
Other guilty parties include: John McEnroe, Shaq, John deLancie, Drew Carey, Regis Philbin, Christie Brinkley, Jared from Subway, Billy Blanks, Bruce Jenner (Minus his step kids), Johnny Depp, Norm McDonald, Dennis Dugan (Double Duty since SOMEONE ELSE BACKED OUT)  and The "Sham Wow" Guy. 

Yes, I failed to include Rob Schneider...and I humbly apologize! 

I'm in recovery mode after seeing this. It's time to start to write the review!  

Originally posted by Odyssey

And Nick Swardson is in this one too!?!?!?!

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 1:11pm
Discord* wasn't in this movie. Anyways, you forgot to mention Rob Schneider returns in this as well. 

Geez, trying pick out the Worst Supporting Actor/Actress contenders from this film is harder than I thought!  

*I'm referring to John de Lancie when I say Discord. Look it up if you don't get it.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 1:50pm
OK, about the review...

I saw two movies this weekend involving guys who wore dresses and lots of makeup. The difference?Leonardo DiCaprio was incredible as J Edgar Hoover; Adam Sandler was just offensive as Jill Whatthehellherlastnamewas. Leonardo was working with a good script. Sandler just did his usual shtick filled with fart jokes and ethnic stereotypes. And lots of farts. Plenty of "gags" misfire such as a talking bird, a kid's obsession with tape, online dating, Mexican food, and another kid's obsession with American Girl dolls. Why point out any others, they were all as dull as Steve Martin's last Pink Panther fiasco.

I sat in the theater with 7 people. 3 walked out after seeing the preview for THE LORAX. That left me with 3 other brave souls. Did any of us laugh during the movie? We sure did when Al Pacino came on. Al goofed on himself as King Lear, Michael Corleone, Scent of A Woman and Scarface. Al also sings. He's in on the joke, unlike Sandler. The second Al leaves a scene, the picture goes back to sucking dead elephant dicks. Al had us laughing so hard it got to a 9 on the Richter scale. 

The wrong person was cast in the lead. It would have been a riot with Al Pacino as Jack and Jill. Sandler just sputtered around like a V8 engine firing on 2 cylinders. BTW--David Spade looked a lot more believable made up as a woman that Sandler did. 

Head Razz, I think it could be considered a "remake" of Glen or Glenda since there is an extended sequence when Jack dresses up and flirts as Jill. It's a shame Johnny Depp didn't give Sandler tips on how to wear Angora sweaters...

Before this, my first preference for RAZZING was Atlas Shrugged. I still believe Atlas Shrugged needs to be nominated, but Jack and Jill is in a CRASS (with the emphasis on ASS) all by itself!

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 1:56pm
You want it for Worst Sequel? Why? And also, Worst Couple would be: JACK & JILL, or JACK and Katie Holmes or JILL and Al Pacino?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I think Joe meant Worst Remake, as he had suggested this as a remake/rip-off of GLEN OR GLENDA (IMDb LINK). Also, since we now have Worst Screen Couple/Screen Ensemble as a category, and several postings above make it abundantly clear just how many wretched souls appear in cameos in this film, I should think it would be listed for Ensemble rather than Couple...  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 2:04pm
Vits, did you see the sequence where Jack dresses up as Jill? How about those melons? The only thing missing from that sequence is Bela Lugosi's "Pull The String" shtick!  

Gosh I think for worst couple it should be Jack and Jill. 

Katie Holmes should be nominated for Worst Supporting Actress.  

Worst Supporting Actor--look at all of the guilty parties. You could pick any 5 and fill the entire category!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 2:16pm
I have seen neither this... nor GLEN OR GLENDA.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 5:05pm
Thanks for the clarification and help, Head Razz. 

I would still urge Sandler (as Jerk) and Sandler (As Ghoul) get a slot on the ballot for Worst Couple! 

And you're correct about the ENTIRE cast should be nominated for Worst Ensemble, and their names should all be announced on the ballot and ceremony. 

Originally posted by Vits

You want it for Worst Sequel? Why? And also, Worst Couple would be: JACK & JILL, or JACK and Katie Holmes or JILL and Al Pacino?
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I think Joe meant Worst Remake, as he had suggested this as a remake/rip-off of GLEN OR GLENDA (IMDb LINK). Also, since we now have Worst Screen Couple/Screen Ensemble as a category, and several postings above make it abundantly clear just how many wretched souls appear in cameos in this film, I should think it would be listed for Ensemble rather than Couple...

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 5:28pm
Text in red below is quoted for truth. I agree that Worst Ensemble Cast would be best because it would cover all the bases. I don't, however, think this should get more than this one nomination because we need to make way so other movies can get nominated. 

Originally posted by JoeBacon

I would still urge Sandler (as Jerk) and Sandler (As Ghoul) get a slot on the ballot for Worst Couple!

And you're correct about the ENTIRE cast should be nominated for Worst Ensemble, and their names should all be announced on the ballot and ceremony.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 5:32pm
It must be noted that if anyone could do a remake of  Glen or Glenda -- and actually end up with a worse movie -- that would be an accomplishment! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I think Joe meant Worst Remake, as he had suggested this as a remake/rip-off of GLEN OR GLENDA. 
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 5:52am
If I may, I would actually like to suggest this nomination: Adam Sandler and Any Male, Female, Male In Drag, Animal, Set, Article Of Clothing, Accessory, Prop, or Film Maker He Worked With This Year/Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star AND Jack & Jill AND Just Go With It AND Zookeeper...  

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I think Joe meant Worst Remake, as he had suggested this as a remake/rip-off of GLEN OR GLENDA (IMDb LINK). Also, since we now have Worst Screen Couple/Screen Ensemble as a category, and several postings above make it abundantly clear just how many wretched souls appear in cameos in this film, I should think it would be listed for Ensemble rather than Couple...
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2011 at 11:57pm
I've finally seen the film. Loathe it. On a positive note, I did find my replacement for WAF.
The two-for-one offer seems like an awesome idea. It feels like Sandler is not asking for a Razzie, he's pushing for it.

Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 7:14am
This movie is a textbook definition of 'Razzie Bait'* (the polar opposite of Oscar Bait)...  

*We ought to use this term judging by the sort of films we're getting in at the moment!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, the funnier version (which we have used in the past) is "RAZZIE® Baiter"...  

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2011 at 4:48pm
Could we take things so far as to call it a fridge nuker? LOL
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>