Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOHAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DON’T BOTHER...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DON’T BOTHER...
    Posted: June 18 2008 at 1:50pm

If Sandler's intent was to foster better Arab-Jewish relations with this (for which he needn't have bothered; Aladdin already does that job well enough if you consider the Genie's essentially a Jewish type), he botched it by throwing in his associates in bad ethnic steroetypes of their own; Rock's Jamaican chop-up is enough to make one scream in pain. 

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 5:46pm
I saw this movie on Sunday I thought it was funny
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2008 at 6:48am
I hate Adam Sandler. Hate him, I tell you.
Fred Cooper
MJ Narcy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MJ Narcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2008 at 1:25am
Has anyone else noticed that this movie and the movie Hancock both look like cheap knock-offs of the TV show Heroes?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 12:23am

Originally posted by MJ Narcy

Has anyone else noticed that this movie and the movie Hancock both look like cheap knock-offs of the TV show Heroes?

Will Smith is another actor who deserves to get a Razzie nomination. His movies are mediocre and he is very overrated. Every year I list him on the nominating ballot as a "write in" but I don't think he's been nominated yet. Still waiting....

Fred Cooper
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 12:48am

Silly me; how could I overlook "The Wild Wild West"? The year that won was one of the best Razzie Award Shows ever, due to Robert Conrad's presence (along with the year "Freddy Got Fingered" won when Tom Green showed up and "Catwoman" won when Halle Berry was there).

Originally posted by moorlock2003

Originally posted by MJ Narcy

Will Smith is another actor who deserves to get a Razzie nomination. His movies are mediocre and he is very overrated. Every year I list him on the nominating ballot as a "write in" but I don't think he's been nominated yet. Still waiting....

Fred Cooper
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 12:37am

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

"The Waterboy", in my opinion, is one of Sandler's best, like "Happy Gilmore".

I think I'd better ignore those recommendations for Click and Spanglish, too!

Watched  Waterboy at a friend's (so it was against my will). I loathed it with a bright utter passion rarely felt outside of Uwe Boll's offerings.

!!!

It's not a case of "instant hate on sight" for an actor (like Will Ferrell). Oddly, I liked Big Daddy. But those responsible for The Waterboy should be doused with barbecue sauce and tossed in a pit full of rabid hamsters.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 3:05pm

"Wedding Singer". That's the only Sandler movie that doesn't make me want to drill a hole into my head. Even his few decent indie films like "Spanglish" and "Punch Drunk Love" bring out his annoying side.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Dustron View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dustron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2008 at 4:25am
I like some of Sandler's films but Zohan looks terrible. The foot part alone is enough to scare me off from seeing this. "The Wedding Singer" is probably my favourite of his movies.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Dustron

The foot part alone is enough to scare me off from seeing this. 
                                                               Back in June, one the students said that the foot part was the only funny part of the whole movie.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2008 at 12:21pm

Oh this is priceless:

Adam Sandler has blamed the media for influencing his box office ratings - because they never write good things about him.

The funnyman ignores critics who deliberately write bad reviews of his films but he is angry when their opinions influence the public.

He says, "You know what, I don't even believe half the things they say anymore - they've been writing bad stuff about me for a long time.

"I remember one time this lady came up to me and said 'I'm not gonna see your movie but my friend said it was good'.

"And I was like 'Ok why can't you see it again?' and she said, 'Oh I read that it wasn't very good' and I said, 'What about your friend' and she was like, 'Yeah she's not that smart'."

Gee Sandler, maybe your movies aren't going well at the Box Office because they are stupid, unoriginal, and unfunny. But no, we wouldn't want you to think it because of you, it's always the critics' fault.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2008 at 5:03pm

Most fans don't care what the critics say, for example, Hancock.  If the fans are not coming out for a star's movies anymore, it means the fans don't care for them.  Today's movie audience is brutal, especially with their cell phones and the Internet.  According to what I've read in the newspapers, shortly after and even during a movie's opening, the audience is texting and posting to their friends whether they like it or not.  So, it's not the critics that are dragging down Sandler's box office.  It's his fans.

PsychatoR View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote PsychatoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2008 at 9:18am

hey guys!

I keep searching the name of 1 really sexy girl in this movie.

You know those 3 girls on the beach when they dance "disco" and Zohan is cooking at the beginning of the movie?

Ok she's 1 of those 3.  The cutest one .. smaller. big boobs, blonde brown hair, that once who dance with danni!

I hardly love to know his real name for having more information pics of her .. shes so crazy! ty

She's not mentionned in the generic! :( its almost impossible. she's the most beautiful girl in the movie.

btw, sorry my english sucks...

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2008 at 12:10pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yo, PsychatoR, not sure if any of these are the woman you were referring to, but here are IMDb LINKS for Donna Feldman, Naama Nativ Settle and Yamit Sol  -- all of whom appeared in ZOHAN, and any of whom might be your dream girl... 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
PsychatoR View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote PsychatoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2008 at 6:16pm

nah i already looked at IMDb and i didnt see her!

do u know the girl im talking about ? did u see her ? shes just amazing!

but still ty to tried hehe :)

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 3:34pm

As of right now, I'm not that sure if Adam Sandler should get a Worst Actor nod.  Bedtime Stories might help me make that decision.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>