Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > THE STEPFATHER (2009)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Daddy, What’re You Doing w/That TIE?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daddy, What’re You Doing w/That TIE?!?
    Posted: May 09 2010 at 7:06pm
Well, my point was that it wasn't lackluster because the film contained quite a bit of suspense and I stress the word "quite." My brother hated Prom Night and the NOES remake and even he ended up liking this film. I also like to mention those who have seen it said it was decent and far from being one of the more terrible remakes and this is coming from horror fanatics who hate remakes.  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 8:07pm
Then why do they go see them? That's like "oh, I know I'll burn myself if I stick my hand over this open flame, but I'm going to do it anyway, just to see what happens"??  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 1:23pm
Well, maybe some people are just curious. I know you must have done that one time or another... 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 6:09pm
Well, i guess it's okay if I see it on free cable or RedBox, so the studios don't see a penny from me.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, the studios do "see a penny" (and usually much more) from any and all means of delivering their product to any audience anywhere -- RedBox, NetFlix, cable, broadcast, etc, etc...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 11:19am
I just saw it.

The first half I was sort of intrigued by the premise and getting scared when suppossed.The second half I was feeling ashamed of the unoriginality(even if this wasn't a reamke),getting bored instead of scared,and wondering how bad this would be.The ending was bold and at least made me not feel like it was a waste of time.

Dylan Walsh makes a very creepy villain but that doesn't mean good performance.Nor does walking around showing off you body(Amber Heard),nor...whatever Penn Badgley thinks he does here,in GOSSIP GIRL,etc.

Despite being nominated for 2 Teen Choice Awards,at least it lost to better reviewed movies:PARANORMAL ACTIVITY for "Choice Movie-Thriller" and Leo DiCaprio(SHUTTER ISLAND)instead of Badgely for "Choice Movie Actor-Thiller".

I give this 3/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, the studios do "see a penny" (and usually much more) from any and all means of delivering their product to any audience anywhere -- RedBox, NetFlix, cable, broadcast, etc, etc...  
I don't know, with Redbox, there's only so many ways to divide a single dollar between the studio and the Rexbox company.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12