Deja-P.U. All Over Again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deja-P.U. All Over Again...
    Posted: March 16 2009 at 3:44pm

Exactly SchumacherH8ter. People go to the movies to see a beginning, a middle and an end, not a movie that is 50% made up of a dream that the main character has and then ends with no closure whatsoever.

"Watchmen" broke all kinds of barriers and took all kinds of riskes that were well out of any comfort zones by being a three hour, R-rated movie about superheroes who spend most of their screentime talking and being morally ambiguous. That makes it "boring", and "hated" by everyone. But "Next" being 90 minutes of events that never happened and leaves you with a cliffhanger (which has been done in movies before, "American Psycho" for example), it's "fantastic" and just misunderstand by everyone. Go figure.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 1:32pm
People didn't bash "Next" because it was different; they bashed it because it was poorly made. While, the first part was decent, the ending was terrible because it was another f*cking dream ending! I can't stand dream endings, there a big middle finger to the audience: "Oh, you liked the movie, will f*ck you none of it happened.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 11:49am
I thought "Next" was a fantastic sci-fi film -- it broke some barriers and took some risks. I also thought the ending was original and fresh. The sad thing is, people don't like different things, and decided to bash the movie because it didn't stick to their comfort zone.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 10:29am

I think it's time for Nic Cage to take a break from big budget movies and stick with some low key indie films for now.

PS: "Super Capers" should be the Bonus Worst Movie of the Weak.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 3:57am

IS NICOLAS CAGE SUFFERING from "OSCAR®-HEIMER's"?

HOW ELSE CAN YOU EXPLAIN HIS ARGUABLY RE-MAKING a MOVIE THAT BOMBED (and ALSO GOT HIM a WELL-DESERVED WORST ACTOR RAZZIE® NOMINATION) JUST 2 YEARS AGO??

KNOWING LOOKS SUSPICIOUSLY LIKE CAGE's 2007 TURKEY NEXT (with a SPRINKLING of FELLOW 2007 DOG and RAZZIE® NOMINEE THE NUMBER 23 THROWN in for BAD MEASURE). AND IT's LIKELY to DO AT LEAST AS BADLY AS EITHER of THOSE UTTERLY UN-SUCCESSFUL MOVIES...

THE ONE "BRIGHT" SPOT: KNOWING COULD FINALLY EARN CAGE THAT OVER-DUE RAZZIE® NIC's MOVIE CHOICES HAVE BEEN ALL-BUT-BEGGING-for SINCE ABOUT 1996.

AND NOW...IT's YOUR TURN to PREDICT CAGE's FUTURE!

CAGE: "Oh, my God...this chart predicts the per-screen averages for KNOWING will be even worse than the ones for NEXT..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314