Deja-P.U. All Over Again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deja-P.U. All Over Again...
    Posted: July 09 2009 at 4:27pm
DVD for this has been out for 3 days. But I know we're already aware of that.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2009 at 12:03am
He probably won't get nominated for this, but as you've mentioned... Nic Cage has been just awful lately.
-Iron helps us play-
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2009 at 12:00am
Fact, that Nicholas Cage did weaker films only recently, but it is fact, that this maybe the best one, which it did in past years, (Next, National Treasure 1-2, Ghost Rider.), he does not deserve a nomination this year because of that according to me. 
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 7:29am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

But as for Knowing being forgetten? Of course it has been. We're on the Knowing thread and no one's talking about it anymore.

Curse you dEd, you just ruined things! We had gone so long without even mentioning the movie for which this thread was specifically created, and you had to go and ruin that...

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 6:03am
I think if you sit back and watch just the ice puns, they're pretty awesomely bad. Sitting through the whole movie to get there? Not advised.
But as for Knowing being forgetten? Of course it has been. We're on the Knowing thread and no one's talking about it anymore.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 5:00am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Those Ice puns were just absolutely epic.
"Let's kick some... ICE!!!"

The Ice puns were Epic FAIL, maybe... Just like the rest of the movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2009 at 12:23am
Those Ice puns were just absolutely epic.
"Let's kick some... ICE!!!"
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2009 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Michaels

While we're at it, how about we compare the successes of "Pulp Fiction" and "Batman and Robin"?

There's no contest there. EVERYONE knows, that Batman and Robin was a far superior movie. I mean... did Pulp Fiction have lame Ice puns? NO. Did Pulp Fiction have Alicia Silverstone wearing an outfit out of Joel Schumacher's personal wardrobe? NO! Did Pulp Fiction have bat nipples? NO! On all accounts, Batman and Robin is a far superior movie!

What am I saying? Batman and Robin sucked...  Disregard my first paragraph, except for the express use of laughter.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2009 at 1:07am
I'm just sick and tired of MWG always going back to trash talking about "Watchmen" as if it was a failure on par with "Street Fighter: Chung-Li", "Dragonball", and "12 Rounds" (ie. only making $4 or $5 million). Okay, so "WM" fell short of its $150 million budget, I admit that. Will it easily make that $50 million back once it's on DVD? OF COURSE! But comparing it to some "Signs" knock-off (which grossed $30 million less than "WM" and was ripped apart by critics) is just insulting. While we're at it, how about we compare the successes of "Pulp Fiction" and "Batman and Robin"?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Originally posted by sportsartist24

I'm not at all surprised at how much this movie has made at the Box Office so far, but it's starting to fade pretty fast as all movies do at the Box Office, but thought a whole bunch of 'em are still unforgotten.

This movie isn't forgotten. You're just in a forum that don't discuss about this movie.

I never said this movie was forgotten. I meant that with the amount of money this movie has made has made it unforgotten, and I'm not at all surprised.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 1:16pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Yes, of course, "I Love You, Man" was a hit. You thought it wasn't? And to think, Watchmen was the most anticipated movie of the year and has been beaten by 5 other movies like 2 weeks later. How sad. At least "Knowing" didn't bomb.

Yes, proving the point that in MWG's case, not dropping 50% in the second week equals success plain and simple and the actual quality of the movie doesn't factor in. Seriously, I understand you love this movie because it's a carbon copy of your third all-time favorite film, but stop trying to convince us how "superior" it is by your standards, coming from someone who gave "Disaster Movie" a rating higher than a zero.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 9:50am

Originally posted by sportsartist24

I'm not at all surprised at how much this movie has made at the Box Office so far, but it's starting to fade pretty fast as all movies do at the Box Office, but thought a whole bunch of 'em are still unforgotten.

This movie isn't forgotten. You're just in a forum that don't discuss about this movie.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Michaels

Or better yet, the script in which there's a random scene in where two people point out that even though "Watchmen" dropped by 50% in its second week and "Knowing" only dropped by 20%, at the time of this writing, "Watchmen" has made $106,848,750 while "Knowing" has made only $73,795,283. So even though "Watchmen" hasn't broke even, it still made more money that "Knowing."

And "Watchmen" will probably have a cult hit following once it's on DVD, while "Knowing" will be forgotten by this time next year...

Yes, of course, "I Love You, Man" was a hit. You thought it wasn't? And to think, Watchmen was the most anticipated movie of the year and has been beaten by 5 other movies like 2 weeks later. How sad. At least "Knowing" didn't bomb.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 8:52am
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 4:27am
How about a script, where a guy randomly attacks trees with a baseball bat! It's a brilliant idea. All the while he can deliver all his lines in some overly-dramatic way. Until it is revealed, that the trees are actually just aliens PRETENDING to be trees!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 11:21pm

Or better yet, the script in which there's a random scene in where two people point out that even though "Watchmen" dropped by 50% in its second week and "Knowing" only dropped by 20%, at the time of this writing, "Watchmen" has made $106,848,750 while "Knowing" has made only $73,795,283. So even though "Watchmen" hasn't broke even, it still made more money that "Knowing."

And "Watchmen" will probably have a cult hit following once it's on DVD, while "Knowing" will be forgotten by this time next year...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>