Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > KNOWING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Deja-P.U. All Over Again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deja-P.U. All Over Again...
    Posted: January 25 2010 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Nic Cage won my only Write in vote on the ballot... he deserves it for this load of crap.
Indeed. And if he doesn't win anything, he's in half a dozen movie this year! So we can always razz him in 2011, too!
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Nic Cage won my only Write in vote on the ballot... he deserves it for this load of crap.
Indeed. And if he doesn't win anything, he's in half a dozen movie this year! So we can always razz him in 2011, too!
2011...the year of the Cage! I think the possibility that he could sweep the 2011 Razzies is reason enough to pay for another year's membership!
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 7:35pm
The 2011 RAZZIES? I thought he had a lot of films scheduled for release in 2010!
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

The 2011 RAZZIES? I thought he had a lot of films scheduled for release in 2010!

Sleep deprivation... I blame sleep deprivation. I was speaking of the razzies that will be announced in 2011 (regarding films released in 2010)...
Sorry about the confussion.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 5:18pm
It's true that this is similar to NEXT,not just on the plot,but also'cuz they both are berry entertainin',but their endings blow ev'rythin'.The endin'is deep,but it's tone doesn't match the tone of the rest of the movie.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 7:21pm
Yeah, but both this movie and "Next", the ending is not worth watching the rest of the movie in order to get to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Yeah, but both this movie and "Next", the ending is not worth watching the rest of the movie in order to get to it.

Well,I think that's up for debate.I enjoyed the 2/3 of both of'em,and I know a lot people did too(at least one of those two).
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Vits

Well,I think that's up for debate.I enjoyed the 2/3 of both of'em,and I know a lot people did too(at least one of those two).

Count the rest of the audience that I saw Knowing with. They all clapped when the credits rolled.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 9:05pm
Well, it's not up for any Razzies, but that still don't take away from the fact it was ripped a new one by critics.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 2:04pm
It was ripped by critics'cuz,just like it's "predecessor",it had a bad ending,and if a movie has it,regardless of how much you enjoyed the reast,you leave the theatre angry.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 2:33pm

It was ripped by critics'cuz,just like it's "predecessor",it had a bad ending,and if a movie has it,regardless of how much you enjoyed the reast,you leave the theatre angry.

I thought the ending was thought-provoking!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 2:42pm
Is that a good thing?

I'm not bein'sarcastic.I'm foreignerer.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 8:30pm

Is that a good thing?

I'm not bein'sarcastic.I'm foreignerer.

It's an extremely good thing.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2010 at 9:42am
Well,the problem is,unlike with NEXT,this endin'is easier to defend.

Nevertheless,it was good in general.It was berry deep.

But it has nothin'to do with the tone of the rest of the movie.Once again,it ends,and it seems like the numbers he saw,and all that "mythology" was pointless.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2010 at 5:44pm

Well,the problem is,unlike with NEXT,this endin'is easier to defend.

Nevertheless,it was good in general.It was berry deep.

But it has nothin'to do with the tone of the rest of the movie.Once again,it ends,and it seems like the numbers he saw,and all that "mythology" was pointless.

Well, I liked it because it was different. I don't think there was anything like it before and it fits with the religious tones throughout the film. Oh, and it's very beautiful.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2010 at 11:17am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Well, I liked it because it was different. I don't think there was anything like it before and it fits with the religious tones throughout the film. Oh, and it's very beautiful.
Just because a movie is "different", does mean it's "good". And although this might have been a first in MOVIES, there have been such endings like it before in sci-fi or fantasy books, so it's not 100% original.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>