Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > KNOWING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Deja-P.U. All Over Again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deja-P.U. All Over Again...
    Posted: February 17 2010 at 2:15pm
That's not really the issue.

In order to have "new things" in movies,filmmakers experiment.

However,the fact itself that it's different,isn't good or bad.But what they did in this movie,clearly isn't good.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 2:24pm
I just reviewed this movie at Rotten Tomatoes.Please vote:
www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/reviews/view.php?type=2&id=10003713
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2012 at 8:52pm

It's been said that you should be careful for what you wish for. Yesterday I wished for either an awesomely bad movie or a f*cking awful one. The horror that Is New Year's Eve falls into the later category.

The good:

Rose Byrne: Byrne is decent here as a MILF with a creepy mom.

The plane scene: The plane crash near the beginning of the middle of the movie is a spectacular (and terrorfying) set piece.

The bad:

The end: Trying to describe what's bad with this movie's ending would take pages.

The awesomely bad:

The special effects: There's a hilarious scene where Nicolas Cage's son has a vision where a bunch of shoddily designed CGI forest animals are on fire. The spaceship near the end was hilarious too.

Nicolas Cage: I've always found The Wicker Man's status as a bad movie classic dubious. Sure, the scenes where Nic is beating the sh*t out of women (in or out of the infamous bear-suit) are classic, but everything else is deadly dull. His acting here isn't as hilarious as The Wicker Man's, but the movie is less painful. Also, "The caves won't save us!"

If this review seems slim, it's because I'm still traumatised by New Year's Eve. At least I didn't have to pay. Grade: C+

Next-up: Orphan!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2012 at 6:28am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Trying to describe what's bad with this movie's ending would take pages.
For most people, it was the ending that defined what they thought of the movie. So you should describe your thoughts on it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2012 at 8:44pm
Here's the brief version of my thoughts on the ending. The film seems to find the ending to be a happy one. Despite the fact that everyone left on Earth dies a horrifically painful death.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314