Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DELIVERY MAN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DELIVERY MAN
    Posted: November 25 2013 at 7:16am
MEMBER-STARTED FORUM

VINCE VAUGHN HAS NEVER BEEN NOMINATED FOR A RAZZIE, DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE HAS BEEN IN MOVIES THAT WERE NOMINATED (AND SOME EVEN "WON"). FROM THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK TO PSYCHO. FROM DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE TO STARKSY & HUTCH. FROM DODGEBALL TO ANCHORMAN. THE TRUTH IS THAT CRITICS HAVE GIVEN HIM POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR MOST OF HIS PERFORMANCES (WHICH INCLUDE HIS CHEMISTRY WITH OTHER ACTORS). BUT THAT DOESN'T ALWAYS STOP THE RAZZIES. SPECIALLY WHEN AN ACTOR APPEARS IN MORE THAN ONE MOVIE IN THE SAME YEAR. HE ALREADY APPEARED IN GOOGLE: THE MOVIE THE INTERNSHIP. AND NOW WE HAVE... DELIVERY MAN

IN THIS MOVIE, VAUGHN'S CHARACTER DISCOVERS THAT ALL OF HIS SPERM DONATIONS "WORKED", AND HE LITERALLY HAS HUNDREDS OF CHILDREN. INTERESTING PREMISE. BUT EXECUTION IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS. MOST STUDIOS FOCUS ALL THEIR CREATIVITY IN PREMISES (WHAT THEY THINK WILL SELL THE TICKETS), AND THAT'S WHY MOST OF THE PLOTS END UP BEING UNORIGINAL. CRITICS ARE SAYING THAT THIS MOVIE IS TOO BLAND AND SAFE.

THIS IS A REMAKE (WHICH THE RAZZIES LOVE), BUT NOT FROM A MOVIE FROM ANOTHER CONTINENT (AS USUAL). STARBUCK WAS FRENCH-CANADIAN. THE DIRECTOR OF THE ORIGINAL ALSO DIRECTED THIS REMAKE. THAT MAY SOUND LIKE IT'LL BE BETTER THAN MOST REMAKES... BUT THINK OF THE GRUDGE. AND THE RING TWO (YES, IT COUNTS).

THE CO-STARS ARE COBIE SMULDERS AND CHRIS PRATT. ASIDE FROM STARRING IN 2 OF THE MOST POPULAR SITCOMS (HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER AND PARKS & REC), THEY'VE BEEN SEEN IN SOME VERY GOOD MOVIES RECENTLY (MAINLY THE AVENGERS AND ZERO DARK THIRTY). WILL THEY MAKE THE MOVIE BETTER? OR WILL THEY JUST BE PUSHED ASIDE TO LET VAUGHN TALK FOR SEVERAL MINUTES AT 100 MILES PER HOUR?

VAUGHN IS ALREADY A LOCK-IN FOR WORST ACTOR FOR THE INTERNSHIP. DO YOU THINK THIS MOVIE SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE BALLOTS AS WELL? DO YOU THINK HE'S SO BAD IN BOTH THAT HE DESERVES TO BE LISTED SEPARATELY? DO YOU THINK THE MOVIE SHOULD ALSO BE CONSIDERED FOR WORST PICTURE?

YOU THINK I CAN'T ESCAPE THE WRATH OF THE RAZZIES? I CAN TRY! MAYBE I CAN USE THAT MULTI-COLORED BIKE FROM THE GOOGLE CAMPUS? 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 9:52am
Not so much Worst Picture as Worst Remake. There are too many worse films for this to be under serious Worst Picture consideration.

PS: Thank you for making this Forum. 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 1:08pm
I forgot to mention that Cobie Smulders was also in SAFE HAVEN.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 1:40pm
...and Chris Pratt was also in Movie 43.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 1:57pm

No way should this be considered for Worst Picture! Due to it landing on the cusp of D+ and C- with critics, I'm on the fence about bundling this with The Internship in Vince Vaughn's nomination.

But before it got a few too many good reviews, I did have this write-up. It's a little sketchy, due to my lack of expertise on artificial insemination technology:

YOU’LL HAVE TO BE A MASTER AT WILLING SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF IN ORDER TO BUY THIS PREMISE: A SPERM DONOR HAS FATHERED 533 (!) CHILDREN. MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS ARISE. HAS REAL-LIFE MODERN SCIENTIFIC HISTORY EVER FERTILIZED EVEN HALF THAT MANY CHILDREN FROM ONE MAN? WOULD MORE THAN 200-500 WOMEN ACTUALLY ACCEPT SPERM FROM SOMEONE LIKE VINCE VAUGHN’S CHARACTER? HOW COULD HE HAVE SUCH VAGUE MEMORIES OF HIS DONATIONS GIVEN HOW MANY CHILDREN THERE HAD BEEN?

HAD ENOUGH YET? A FEW DOZEN OF THE CHILDREN (BORN IN 198X AND BY NOW ABOUT Ľ CENTURY TO 3 DECADES OLD) ARE SUING THE SPERM BANK, AND THE SECOND ACT INVOLVES “STARBUCK” WOZNIAK DECIDING TO EITHER COME FORWARD IMMEDIATELY, OR WAIT AND RISK THE BANK LOSING THE SUIT, GETTING ITS HANDS TIED, AND REVEALING HIM. WHERE’S THE SUSPENSE IN THAT IF HE'S JUST BOUND TO BE FOUND OUT EITHER WAY?

AS FOR THE PRODUCTION AND INCEPTION BACKGROUND, THIS FILM IS A REMAKE OF THE PERI-QUEBECOIS FILM STARBUCK, AND AT LEAST THE SECOND SUCH REMAKE: FRANCE HAD ALREADY REMADE THIS… EARLIER THIS VERY SAME YEAR! NOW THE QUESTION IS: CAN THIS GET MORE RAZZBERRY-SCENTED WIND IN ITS SAILS FOR OUR AWARDS THAN FELLOW PREVIOUSLY-FRENCH FILM THE BIG WEDDING, OR PERHAPS MORE THAN FREE BIRDS, STARRING VAUGHN’S COSTAR FROM THE INTERNSHIP?

THERE’S A LOT MORE ROOM TO DELIVER RAZZBERRY-COLORED BUMPS AND BRUISES TO DELIVERY MAN, SO WHY SHOULD I HAVE ALL THE FUN? SHIP YOUR DELIVERY OF RAZZBERRIES TO DELIVERY MAN BELOW!

THE BEST DAD YOU EVER MET? IF HE THOUGHT HE HAD ANY SKILLS ACTUALLY INVOLVING HIMSELF IN ANY CHILDREN’S LIVES, WHY DID HE EVEN BOTHER WITH THE SPERM BANK? MAYBE HE'S A BIOLOGICALLY FIT DONOR FATHER, BUT HE'S NO PRACTICAL DAD!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:32am
Gabriel Bahamondes (3/7): "The problem is that Vince Vaughn (barely) carries all the dramatic weight until the halfway point. But once his character starts to interact with his children, the movie takes a different tone. It becomes more loveable, intimate, hilarious and emotional. The supporting characters feel real".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 8:47am
Diego Muńoz (3/5): "Chris Pratt steals the show and Vince Vaughn regains some of that loser charm that made him a star. And even though the story almost becomes too simple, the honests laughs and the cast's charisma turn it into a good time".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2014 at 11:47am
My review, in which I compare it to the original (skip to 05:52):

Post Reply Post Reply