Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DEVIL'S DUE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DEVIL'S DUE
    Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:18pm

MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION

IT’S HAPPENED AGAIN. ANOTHER WOMAN IS PREGNANT WITH THE SON OF SATAN. BUT UNLIKE THE BIRTH OF DAMIEN IN THE ORIGINAL “THE OMEN”, OR PORCUPINEY THE PORCUPINE IN “WOODLAND CRITTER CHRISTMAS”, THIS FILM TURNS OUT AS BADLY AS IF BEELZEBUB’S SON HAD ACTUALLY BEEN BORN! 

THE BULK OF THIS FILM SEES A NEWLYWED COUPLE’S HONEYMOON GOING HAYWIRE, THE NINE MONTHS OF PREGNANCY RIDDLED WITH NERVOUS BEHAVIOR, AND THE COMPLICATED PREGNANCY ESCALATING INTO FAR DARKER MIND AND BODY ALTERATIONS.

LIKE MOST EVERY HORROR FILM OF THE LAST DECADE THAT WAS RELEASED IN JANUARY, DEVIL’S DUE JUST DOESN’T PACK ENOUGH SCARY. THE PLOT IS ONE MEAN SLICE OF MOLDY SWISS CHEESE, AND BASED ON CRITIC’S COMPLAINTS OF HOW UTTERLY DERIVATIVE IT IS, ITS BEST SHOT AT THE WORST OF 2014 RAZZIE RACE IS WORST REMAKE OR RIP-OFF. KIND OF LIKE ROSEMARY’S-BABY-MEETS-PARANORMAL-ACTIVITY (AS IF WE DON’T HAVE ENOUGH PARANORMAL ACTIVITY KNOCK-OFFS THESE DAYS)!

BUT DON’T LET ME BE THE ONLY ONE CURSING THIS SHEEN OF ACID CAVE DEW! GRAB A SLICE OF DEVIL’S FOOD CHOCOLATE LAVACAKE WITH RAZZBERRY FILLING AND GET DIABOLICAL ON DEVIL’S DUE BELOW!

**** DOWN PAYMENTS, HE WANTS HIS DUE! WHY ASK WHO IN REPRO... STEW! WATCH US ALL KNEELING DOWN TO PAY UP ON THE DEVIL'S DUE! CROSSES AND BEADS! BREAD AND WINE! 1 1/2 HOURS THROUGH! WATCH US ALL KNEELING DOWN TO PAY UP ON THE DEVIL'S DUE!

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:34pm
No Belushi joke?

(Jim Belushi's son, and therefore John Belushi's nephew, is in the movie.)
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:43pm
R.T. (15-20%): "Derivative and mostly uninspired, the film adds little to either the found-footage or horror genres that it's content to mimic".
Originally posted by oiram

No Belushi joke?

He's listed very down on IMDB, so it could be a very minor role. As for his co-stars... Well, it's a found-footage movie, so they have to be unknown actors. The biggest name would be LOST's Sam Anderson.

This is the feature film debut of the directors (V/H/S doesn't count because their segment was a short film too) and the script writer (she has "written" a documentary).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:43pm
To oiram: You'll have to come up with the Belushi joke, because I'm not familiar with the Belushi clan.

To everyone else: If you're wondering why I started these forums instead of oiram, it's because he admitted he'd be too busy to create write-ups this weekend, and thus handed over the reins to me because I had more free time available. 

No Belushi joke?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:44pm
Jeremy Jahns' review:

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:47pm
SchmoesKnow review:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 1:54pm
This seems more like a rip-off of Rosemary's Baby than a rip-off of The Omen.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 2:05pm
Phew! I was about the report your post. Kidding!
Originally posted by GTAHater767

If you're wondering why I started these forums instead of oiram, it's because he admitted he'd be too busy to create write-ups this weekend, and thus handed over the reins to me because I had more free time available.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2014 at 10:15am
GTAHater767 sez:
THE PLOT IS ONE MEAN SLICE OF MOLDY SWISS CHEESE

Love it!  Clap
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 2:45pm
Gabriel Bahamondes (2/7): "The title is misleading. There aren't even traces of ROSEMARY'S BABY in here. This is mostly a sort of romantic comedy, filmed hand-held style and with jump scares. Most of the time, nothing happens. There's no horror nor depth to the characters. Besides, the fact that it's found footage confirms how tired the subgenre is".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2014 at 7:28am
Diego Muñoz (2/5): "With characters hard to care about (they don't even check their recordings!), we barely fear for them. Although the movie has some unsettling moments, in the end it doesn't say or do anything new. The fact that the most exasperating moment involves a 5-inch needle and a pregnant woman's belly, is cheating".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 1:39pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Remake/Rip-off (the PARANORMAL ACTIVITY saga* and ROSEMARY'S BABY).
-Worst Picture.

But not Worst Actress for Allison Miller nor Worst Screen Combo for Miller & Zach Gilford.

By the way, this was a very lame excuse.

*I know that you can say that about most found footage movies, but this movie truly copies specific moments from
P.A. 1 & 3.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 1:52pm
Aw, you didn't also add in the Woodland Critter Christmas episode as a joke?

Originally posted by Vits

-Worst Remake/Rip-off (the PARANORMAL ACTIVITY saga* and ROSEMARY'S BABY).

Don't you mean Director(s)?

Originally posted by Vits

-Worst Director.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 2:56pm
Here's the thing: LITTLE MAN and BABY BUGGY BUNNY were both about a dwarf thief who pretends to be a baby to take back something that was stolen from him (and that he stole in the first place). That's very specific. This movie is about the Anti-Christ but not about a bunch of satanic animals.

Aw, you didn't also add in the Woodland Critter Christmas episode as a joke?

The category has always been in singular, despite the number of nominees. The Oscars now call theirs Best Directing to avoid that problem.

Don't you mean Director(s)?

Post Reply Post Reply