Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > MY BEST FRIEND's GIRL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Did They Mean WORST Friend?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did They Mean WORST Friend?!?!?
    Posted: September 16 2008 at 11:21am

WHY DO WE LOATHE MY BEST FRIEND's GIRL -- LET US COUNT the WAZE:

1) IT STARS THAT SMUG LUG DANE COOK, WHO's INEXPLICABLY GOTTEN AWAY SO FAR WITHOUT GETTING a RAZZIE®  NOMINATION for ACTING (THOUGH HE DID SHARE a WORST SCREEN COUPLE NOM with JESSICA ALBA for GOOD LUCK CHUCK)...

2) IT CO-STARS KATE (FOOL'S GOLD) HUDSON, WHOSE RECENT PROJECTS ARE STARTING to MAKE HER MOM's BERRY WORST WORK (OVERBOARD, ANYONE?) LOOK GOOD...

3) IT BRINGS GENERIC COMEDY-DIRECTOR-for-HIRE HOWIE DEUTSCH (GRUMPIER OLD MEN and ODD COUPLE 2) OUT of FORCED RETIREMENT... 

4) IT's SO GOOD IT WASN'T SCREENED IT for CRITICS...

5) IT's FROM ONE of 2008's MAIN RAZZIE®  SUPPLIERS, LION'S GATE...

NOW THAT WE'VE USED ALL the FINGERS of ONE HAND, IT's YOUR TURN to START LISTING WHY YOU LOATHE (OR, GOD FORBID, LOVE) THIS MOVIE...

COOK: "How'd you like to share a Worst Screen Couple RAZZIE®  nomination with me?" 

HUDSON: "I think I may already be sharing one with Matthew McConnaughey..."

COOK: "Then how about a three-way?!?"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 12:58pm
Damn I hate Dane Cook. This looks terrible. Kate Hudson, first "Fool's Gold", then that weird-ass foto shoot, and now this. Is she borrowing some of McConnaughey's bongo pot?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 4:55pm

I'm amazed myself that Dane Cook hasn't gotten a Razzie yet, considering he has co-starred with the worst of them: Kevin Costner, Demi Moore, Jessica Simpson, Jessica Alba, and now Kate Hudson. I have the feeling he would even show up, too, and "treat" the crowd to one of his rountines that would no doubt be as bad as when Tom Green showed up. Cook and Alba are the worst couple that could be put together in the past 30 years, except for maybe the Sly Guy and Dolly Parton (seriously, what was that casting director on?). I guess the sight of two Lindsay Lohans overcame the combined lack of talent that is a Cook-Alba duo.

PS: By the way, great tagline about the Razzie 3-Way.

Mrs. Magnatech View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mrs. Magnatech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 6:12pm
Has anyone seen the commercials for this? It looks awful. I think Kate Hudson and Dane Cook should be looking forward to having Razzies on their mantles!!
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 7:42pm
I'm looking thru Howard Deutch's past films right now, and......uh, let's just say I feel like I've already seen this film.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 9:49am
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2008 at 11:21am
Don't forget Jason Biggs. Looks like our favorite American Pie actor is becoming Woody Allen incarnate, but without the charm behind him. That eyebrow-shaving gag was stupid!
You think you know, but you have no idea.
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2008 at 4:47pm
Also what Dane Cook does in this movie as "The Rebound Guy" is the same as what Will Smith did in Hitch -- the whole date doctor thing...
justin3kent View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote justin3kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2008 at 11:28pm
I don't like Dane Cook. He cannot act. I don't like his movies at all...

Justin
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2008 at 8:38am

I've seen the commercials, and the other behind-the-scenes stuff that was being promoted between episodes of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," and they keep showing the same jokes... leading me to believe that those are the "highlights" of the film - Shaving the eyebrows, Dane with the burrito thing, and Dane's "Yea, I can talk now" and he drops the lady.

Anyone remember when Dane Cook was a stand-up comic? Remember when even guys used to quote Dane Cook? Well, I forget those days, too. I've always been a firm believer in the idea that he became famous because girls wanna do him, rather than his comedy. But I don't think he's really ever gonna pull of playing the "hot guy" in a movie...   

-Iron helps us play-
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:35am

You should see how they depicted Dane Cook on Family Guy.  You Razzie folks might've depicted him the same way... 

philochs View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote philochs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 6:23pm

Dane Cook made this the worst movie this year I believe, I could not sit through it til the end. Garbage! He should suck a tail pipe. He stole his jokes from other people, including lots of stuff directly from Louis CK. He literally steals jokes word-for-word. He sucks, and so do Carlos Mencia and Dennis Leary -- All thieves who suck. And damn, they make bad stuff. Guess you can just rip off old Bill Hicks jokes if you're famous. Dane Cook=sad downfall of America.

Why not give Brian Regan a movie contract, Lionsgate? Jerks! 

kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 11:43pm
For Your Consideration:

Worst Actor in a Leading Role: Dane Cook (MY Best Friend's Girl)
Worst Actress in a Leading Role: Kate Hudson (My Best Friend's Girl / Fool's Gold)
Worst Actor in a Supporting Role: Jason Biggs (My Best Friend's Girl / Over Her Dead Body) - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Worst Director: Howard Deutch (My Best Friend's Girl)
Worst Screen Couple: Kate Hudson & Dane Cook (My Best Friend's Girl) or Kate Hudson & Matthew McConaughey.

FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 1:46am

Originally posted by kelemenmarc

For Your Consideration:

Worst Actor in a Leading Role: Dane Cook (MY Best Friend's Girl)
Worst Actress in a Leading Role: Kate Hudson (My Best Friend's Girl / Fool's Gold)
Worst Actor in a Supporting Role: Jason Biggs (My Best Friend's Girl / Over Her Dead Body) - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Worst Director: Howard Deutch (My Best Friend's Girl)
Worst Screen Couple: Kate Hudson & Dane Cook (My Best Friend's Girl) or Kate Hudson & Matthew McConaughey.

Don't worry, I'm sure Dane Cook's name will be somewhere on the final ballot. If he wins will be another story.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 5:20pm
You know what's kinda funny? Michael Cera constantly plays that wimpy little teenager from Arrested Development, and yet I'd still say that any Michael Cera character could beat the crap out of Jason Biggs.
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't collectively bash this movie a bit more, it looked as bad as DM at the time.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 1:42pm
The fact that it took so long to be released in my country(this week)means it's really bad.I don't think I'll watch it.I mean,it's labeled as a rom-com,but it's built around stealin'your friend's girl.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>