Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > 10,000 B. C.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DINO DOO-DOO??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DINO DOO-DOO??
    Posted: September 13 2008 at 11:51am

Movie Preview Critic ripped this movie a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROn3NOn-orE

Stumanji View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stumanji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2008 at 10:59am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

This was Battlefield Earth set in the stone-age.

Totally. This movie was a stinkfest. One I regret spending money on. It had entertaining moments, completely horrible writing, and possibly the stupidest casting of all time (we're supposed to believe these people all come from the same tribe?).

It's bad. A renter at best.

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 11:34am

About Movie Preview Critic's Review, I think he may have judged that film based solely on its trailer.  That is lazy and rude, not to mention awful.  That guy is one corrupt son of a bitch.

Based on what we've seen this year, this film may be drowned out in the Worst Picture category by much worse films that came out since then.  It might get a nod for Worst Director or Worst Screenplay (despite the fact that it might lose to Disaster Movie and Postal), but I doubt it will get nominated for Worst Picture based on everything I've seen.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

About Movie Preview Critic's Review, I think he may have judged that film based solely on its trailer.  That is lazy and rude, not to mention awful.  That guy is one corrupt son of a bitch.

That is a pretty provocative claim and I'm going to have to ask that you provide pretty substantial support for it. Further, don't even dare attempting to cop out by saying, "Well, it's just my opinion." because in the very next statement, you clearly move on to a supporting  assertion that clearly underscores your previous claim as fact. It therefore behooves you to present the requested support.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2008 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

That is a pretty provocative claim and I'm going to have to ask that you provide pretty substantial support for it. Further, don't even dare attempting to cop out by saying, "Well, it's just my opinion." because in the very next statement, you clearly move on to a supporting  assertion that clearly underscores your previous claim as fact. It therefore behooves you to present the requested support.

And for that matter, why is it that if a person gives a movie a negative review, that means they are "corrupt"? I'm not sure if you even understand what the word "corrupt" means. As I have said time and time again, people are entitled to their opinion, so please quit it with the "who do you/he/she/they think they are" and "how dare you/he/she/they" remakes. This forum is all about the fact that not all movies are created equal, so if you think no one has the right to judge a movie, than you're in the wrong place.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 12:39pm

After careful reconsideration, I've decided that this was less than stellar. While, I still consider it "damn stupid," the "damn entertaining" didn't hold up. I was willing to overlook the Egypt part the first time, but the second, it was unforgivable.

That being said, I don't think it's worthy of WORST PICTURE or the title of "'Battlefield Earth' in the Stone Age".

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Just saw this. It was damn stupid. It was, also, damn entertaining.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 12:50am
Was there a more (unintentionally) hilarous moment in the movies this year than those stampeding, bunny hopping mammoths or that dreadful CGI sabre-toothed tiger? Actually, this movie was pretty entertaining for all the wrong reasons, which is why I'm leaning toward giving it a Worst Picture nod.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 11:51am

Was there a more (unintentionally) hilarous moment in the movies this year than those stampeding, bunny hopping mammoths or that dreadful CGI sabre-toothed tiger? Actually, this movie was pretty entertaining for all the wrong reasons, which is why I'm leaning toward giving it a Worst Picture nod.

Ah, like how "Plan 9" is entertaining for all the wrong reasons? I don't know how this director is able to keep making movies, he has no concept of writing good characters, dialog, or plots. He's like the American Uwe Boll, except movie goers are sucked into his movies by their outragous CGI effects. And yes, "StarGate" the movie sucked big time. And yes, "The Matrix" is highly overrated (it's just a live action adapatation of "Ghost In The Shell").

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2008 at 2:32pm
Pardon me but the Matrix is the most thought provoking and
imaginative movie that I have ever seen in my life. To start off, the way it
is shot and filmed just took me in, everything around me disappeared and
the screen became my eyes, the set designs and and feel was so well
executed. Second, the story is hands-down amazing, the moment where
Morpheus tells Neo what the Matrix is just blew me away, That's when I
knew I was watching a sci-fi classic, no matter what generation you live
in, you will be astounded by the premise. Even if you were to take out all
the action the story would still be enough to salvage the movie. Third,
the action is groundbreaking, never until I saw that movie had I seen
such immensely skillful action sequences, my favorite of course being the
helicopter sequence and the scene where Trinity tells Neo that he is "The
One", at which point he is able to stop the bullets in midair is a classic
CGI sequence. To say the Matrix is "overrated" is fallacious on a
grand level.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2008 at 3:37pm

I also find the first Matrix quite over-rated. I actually found the sequel a lot better, more mature and emotional... 

Originally posted by movieman

Pardon me but the Matrix is the most thought provoking and
imaginative movie that I have ever seen in my life. To start off, the way it
is shot and filmed just took me in, everything around me disappeared and
the screen became my eyes, the set designs and and feel was so well
executed. Second, the story is hands-down amazing, the moment where
Morpheus tells Neo what the Matrix is just blew me away, That's when I
knew I was watching a sci-fi classic, no matter what generation you live
in, you will be astounded by the premise. Even if you were to take out all
the action the story would still be enough to salvage the movie. Third,
the action is groundbreaking, never until I saw that movie had I seen
such immensely skillful action sequences, my favorite of course being the
helicopter sequence and the scene where Trinity tells Neo that he is "The
One", at which point he is able to stop the bullets in midair is a classic
CGI sequence. To say the Matrix is "overrated" is fallacious on a
grand level.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 2:08am

The Matrix? Imaginative, yes. Original, no. Seriously, rent "Ghost In The Shell" (a Japanese Anime movie from 1994/95), watch it, then watch "Matrix". Like me, you will see "Matrix" as it really is: a live action adaptation to "GITS". The plotline (false memories), the look (sunglasses and raincoats), the gun fight with pillars, giant robots, the chase through a market, the plugs in the back of the head, Trinity even looks like "GITS"'s main character. Heck, the Japanese company that made "GITS" unsuccuessful sued the "Matrix" filmmakers because the two movies had too much in common. I know many fans consider "Matrix" to be groundbacking here in American filmmaking, but to us anime watchers, it's nothing that Japan hasn't done already. And now America is stuck in a trend that Japan is already famous for, turning their animated TV series into live action movies. It always seems America is trying to catch up to the trend of international film making. Saturnwatcher, your thoughts?

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 12:40pm
I actually found Ghost in a Shell to be more vexatious than
fascinating, as the story fails to draw viewers into its
convoluted and futuristic world as well as its predecessors, and also
because few ideas
fully established themselves with the viewer. Yes, there were
some parts of the movie that clearly inspired the Matrix, but at least
the Matrix explained its origins
consistently enough to make a coherent story. I felt the look and feel of
The Matrix was more stylishly conceived
than GITS (the comment you made about Trinity's resemblance to
Kusanagi, I guess it Trinity was Japanese....). And as
far as story lines go, I think the idea of machines harnessing humans for
energy while humans live in the simulation
was more interesting than that of the convoluted pursuit of The
Puppeteer, or whatever he's called. I see where Michaels
is coming from, and I respect his opinion in the sense that GITS was part
of the inspiration of the Matrix.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 1:07pm
As for moviewizguy(who is often easy to start an argument with), though
many people disagree(the Razzie board giving the Wachouskis Worst
Director noms, way too harsh, considering them competition against
Gigli), the first sequel was good, but not anywhere near as
groundbreaking or thought-provoking as the first one. It was the third one
that was the least of the three, as the story is often easy to keep up with,
new ideas seem to be nonexistent, and not to mention some parts were
downright cheesy, that I wonder if it was a blooper that accidentally got
added in. Compared to Speed Racer though, Revolutions looks like
Reloaded, and Reloaded looks like the original Matrix. Seriously, if it weren't
for the bright look of the movie, it would be in the same league as In the
Name of the King
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 1:41pm

Are you saying Speed Racer is bad?  If so, is it bad enough to nominate for one of your awards?

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 1:53pm
Oh yes, anyone who survived hearing Susan Sarandon say the words, "I go to
your races to watch you make art" should know what I am talking about. And
yes, it's going on my top ten list for worst movies of the year(that I've seen; I
haven't watched all the major candidates). The Wachouskis seemed to
energetically direct the race sequences and the bright colored sets, but the
dialogue and interplay between the characters is so hollow, you could watch
the movie with the sound off and enjoy it more than hearing what the bland
script forces these talented actors to say.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 2:52pm

Disaster Movie, Meet the Spartans, Postal, In the Name of the King, The Love Guru, Meet Dave, The Hottie and the Nottie (and a few others) are keeping me from wanting to give Speed Racer any nods.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>