Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > DISASTER MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISASTER Indeed!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISASTER Indeed!!
    Posted: August 27 2008 at 8:06am
There's probably going to be another terrible "comedy" coming out the same weekend as this crap: College. Talk about a bad week for movies, with this, College, and Babylon A.D.

BTW Kursewerd, I did post one of your videos on these forums, the first episode mocking Seltzerturd. That didn't help much to increase the view counts though.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
kursewerd View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote kursewerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 10:28am

Oh, thanks for posting it up!  I recalled one was posted here, I didn't know it was you though so thank you.  

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

BTW Kursewerd, I did post one of your videos on these forums, the first episode mocking Seltzerturd. That didn't help much to increase the view counts though.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 11:35pm
My attentions this week have been fully consumed with the activities going on here in Denver, where we are working diligently to rebuild the hopes for the future of America. For one moment I turn my attention back to the outside world, and what is coming to a theater near me? Disaster (of a) Movie?  Make it go away!!!!!!!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2008 at 1:22pm

I have seen on YouTube there are people who are not only boycotting this movie, they are going to help people find links to sites where they can pirate it.

Whatever it takes to make sure this movie bombs, and it will be the last of its kind!! 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 8:43am

This movie better "win" some Razzies! Hell, let's give all of the "awards" this year to Seltzerberg, for their double blight on comedy; it would bring more attention to these rather unknown writers (no video interviews, no birthdate or bio?).

Uwe Boll should just get the Worst Career Achievement Award. 

Seltzerberg is back?

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 1:10am
I was hoping that people would be complaining about this movie AFTER it's release, but it looks like everyone's got their beef out already. Did it look to anyone else in the commercials that they were using some sort of inferior film stock in addition to this movie looking 100% horrible?
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 2:44am
It's typical, because this is the time of month for sh*tty films to be released.

By the way, is it really true that they lampooned Heath Ledger in this film. And Anna Nicole Smith in Meet the Spartans? If I did that, I'd get the f**kin' electric chair in a snap.

By the way, here's an interesting tidbit about how Amy Winehouse is portrayed, according to a review: "...a bad Amy Winehouse impersonator who brags about being out of rehab while drinking gasoline (see, exploiting someone’s serious personal problems is funny)..."

I'd like to mention that the person who's impersonating Winehouse is none other than Nicole Parker, one of the more talented members on the now-execrable MADtv (I'm spending better time elsewhere at 11:00 P.M.). Shame how the show that spawned funny folk like Alex Borstein, Will Sasso, and the like have gone down the sh*tter.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 3:46am
Here's a pretty detailed review of the movie:

http://contest.disastermovie.org/?page_id=182

Sounds painful, even just reading it!
Seltzerberg is back?

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 7:33am
Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

I'd like to mention that the person who's impersonating Winehouse is
none other than Nicole Parker, one of the more talented members on the
now-execrable <span style="font-style: italic;">MADtv</span> (I'm
spending better time elsewhere at 11:00 P.M.). Shame how the show that
spawned funny folk like Alex Borstein, Will Sasso, and the like have
gone down the sh*tter.

I believe Christa Flanagan or whatever her name is who is supposed to be Juno... (Guessing from the commercials now, mind you) is also from MadTV... Josh Meyer has been in some of their other movies as Napolean Dynamite and Owen Wilson... There seems to be a pretty strong tradition of grabbing MadTV cast members in their movies. The writing for "Movie" movies seem to have a bit less talent than the sketch comedy writers on TV, or maybe these movie's might work better as a 5 minute sketch on MadTV.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 7:40am
According to BoxOfficeMojo this came in 6th place with just $2 million yesterday. There is a god.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 11:15am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

According to BoxOfficeMojo this came in 6th
place with just $2 million yesterday. There is a god.

Which means that it likely won't make more than $6 million this weekend.
Looks like audiences are finally getting smarter about where they throw their
money.

And another thing: why the hell doesn't College have a forum here??
Not that it's down in Disaster Movie league, but man the previews make
it seen like one of those brainless misfires that would be a chainsaw in the
ass just to watch.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 11:25am
I just found out that it is already #1 at the bottom 100 on IMDB with a rating
of 1.3; according to their message boards, they are also making another
spoof called Teen Movie. I can only pray to God that that that's not
true.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 1:44pm
Haha, it's currently #7 on Box Office Mojo, behind "Dark Knight"! Even after a month in theaters, "Dark Knight" is keeping turd movies at bay!
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 5:27am
Thank God! I'm so happy "Tropic Thunder" is still number 1 for the third week in a row! It deserves it!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 12:58pm

This is a great video I found. It 1. Shows us what Seltzer and Freidberg look like, 2. Explains what a spoof movie is suppose to be, 3. Talks about why bad movies exist in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65WNUiAe3tU

As I predicted, "DM" is sure to be our front-runner to sweep the awards next year.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2008 at 5:01pm
That was really good, Michaels. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>