Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > DISASTER MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISASTER Indeed!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISASTER Indeed!!
    Posted: September 01 2008 at 12:51am
That You Tube video was pretty good.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 12:38pm

The Wikipedia page for "Spy Movie" has vanished. I remember the list of things that they were supposed to parody, they had "Quantom Of Solace", "Bourne Ultimatum" (actual spy movies!), "Live Free Or Die Hard", "Spongebob" (!), "Hannah Montana", "Eagle Eye", "Quarantine", "How To Lose Friends And Alienate People" (a perfect title for a biopic on the two), "W", and Heath Ledger.

Maybe the project got nixed??

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2008 at 3:32pm

Wait, wasn't there already a film like that called Not Another Teen Movie? Even this late in the game, if Teen Movie spoofs that film, it would be irrelevant, since Friedberg/Seltzer do the same schtick of spoofing things that have already been spoofed... 

Originally posted by movieman

I just found out that it is already #1 at the bottom 100 on IMDB with a rating
of 1.3; according to their message boards, they are also making another
spoof called Teen Movie. I can only pray to God that that that's not
true.

You think you know, but you have no idea.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 10:53am

It's Wikipedia, which means anyone could have made it, and there's no source to prove it. Maybe they took it down because it's completely false...although, as you can guess, there probably will be another "spoof movie"...

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The Wikipedia page for "Spy Movie" has vanished. I remember the list of things that they were supposed to parody, they had "Quantom Of Solace", "Bourne Ultimatum" (actual spy movies!), "Live Free Or Die Hard", "Spongebob" (!), "Hannah Montana", "Eagle Eye", "Quarantine", "How To Lose Friends And Alienate People" (a perfect title for a biopic on the two), "W", and Heath Ledger.

Maybe the project got nixed??

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 8:34am

With FORTY EIGHT Rottens, and ZERO Freshes at Rotten Tomatos, Disaster Movie is worse than Witless Protection, with a meager 23 Rottens... Still 0 Fresh.

I REEEEEEEEEEALLY hope this is the end of an era!!

-Iron helps us play-
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 8:54am

Not to mention it has a meager 1.3/10 grade on IMDB, making it worse than anything Uwe Boll has done.

I'm now kinda serious when I say this film should win all the Razzies this year. Seltzerberg has gotten off scot free for the past couple of years. Hell, this film better win at least 5 Razzies: Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst "Screenplay", Worst Actor and Worst Supporting Actress and Worst New Star  / Kim Kardashian...

If not, and Ramblo 4 were to "win", then it gives that Miguel guy and Sly fans the incentive to keep blathering about how the Razzies are biased and stuff... 

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 4:19am

There have been many rumors that a new Movie Movie is in the works. "Spy Movie" (already been done with "Spy Hard"), "Teen Movie" (already done in "Not Another Teen Movie"), and even "Sci-Fi Movie" (Mel Brooks did it best in "SpaceBalls"). But I think after this, "Seltzerberg" won't be making anything any time soon.

This movie should sweep the Razzies in everything. Worst Direction (I think all the directing they did was yell "action" and "cut", that's about it), Worst Script (if there even was one, I think everything was made up on the spot), Worst Actor for Matt "The Poor-Man's Hayden Christensen" Lanter, Worst Actress for Kim "The Poor-Man's Paris Hilton" Kardashian (I don't know what's worse, the fact she yawned onscreen, or the fact no one bothered to edit it out), Worst Supporting Actor for Gary "G Thang" Johnson (just having the stagename "G Thang" alone should get you a Razzie), Worst Supporting Actress for Vanessa Minnillo (she should stick to what she does best, being Nick Lachey's rebound girlfriend), Worst Couple for any two or more people who are onscreen together at the same time, and of course Worst Picture.

But "Disaster Movie" shouldn't hog all the awards. Uwe Boll should still get his Lifetime Career Award. That way we are sending a message to Hollywood or whomever is giving these three idiots money to make their "movies", and that message is "STOP IT NOW!"

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 5:15am
Ya know, as bad as Uwe Boll movies are, they don't get the hype, nor the money that the douchebag twins make. They deserve a lifetime award long before he does.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 4:56am
Originally posted by Michaels

"Spy Movie" (already been done with "Spy Hard")

It turns out that Seltzerberg worked on "Spy Hard"! So they'd be ripping themselves off.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2008 at 7:50am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

With FORTY EIGHT Rottens, and ZERO Freshes at
Rotten Tomatos, Disaster Movie is worse than Witless Protection, with a
meager 23 Rottens... Still 0 Fresh.

I REEEEEEEEEEALLY hope this is the end of an era!!

A substitute for "era" would be "error".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 9:24am

Read it if you want to because of my rating of the film...or ignore it because of my rating of the film.  

DISASTER MOVIE follows the comic misadventures of a group of
ridiculously attractive twenty-somethings during one fateful night as they try to make their way to safety while every known natural disaster and catastrophic event -- asteroids, twisters, earthquakes, the works -- hits the city and their path as they try to solve a series of mysteries to end the rampant destruction.

Yet another spoof from Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer...but in less than 6 months! This can only mean one thing: They are just trying to make the $$$. True, true, they might also not be trying anymore, seeing how the sets in these films are usually small, and the effects are horrible. But these factors do not deny one fact: The film was actually funny.

Now, like everyone in the world, don't judge me on that. Well, it's funny if you're going to judge me even if you haven't seen the film (more or less likely). But first, if you are one of those people who have CONVINCED yourself that this is the worst movie ever created, stop reading here. Everything else I am  going to say will not change your opinon about this movie, so just stop now. There's no point to my trying to convince you to go see a movie you'll think is the worst movie ever created.

Now, for the few of you who are left (people who are actually interested in seeing this film, or at least willing to give it a chance) let me continue: I hated "Meet the Spartans." I truly hated it. But I did like "Date Movie" and "Epic Movie." This film is considerably better than "Meet the Spartans" but not as good as those other two. But then again, you're thinking what's so different between all of these spoof films, right?

Well, if you haven't figured it out yet, this movie is different for
lots of reasons: Some of the jokes in here are laugh-out-loud
hilarious. If you think that's impossible, well, too bad. I actually
laughed out loud. Maybe you won't. Some of the jokes in here actually contain wit. An example is the very first joke in the film. I will not spoil it for you here, seeing how you're so excited about seeing the film (yes, I am being sarcastic).

Another difference is the jokes that do fall flat aren't that horrible, compared to "Meet the Spartans" and "Epic Movie." With those two films, they could only save themselves from a bad joke if they made a joke funny enough for me to forget the horrible one. Thankfully, there are far fewer rapper jokes (not that I am against those) or other stereotypical black jokes.

But what really made this movie for me are these two Mad TV
cast members: Crista Flanagan and Nicole Parker. As a devoted Mad TV fan, I'm so thankful (and you guys should be, too) that they are actually main characters in this film (or supporting roles, depending on how you look at it). These two light up the screen and make you laugh a lot more. Actually, this movie was like an extended Mad TV episode, seeing how Mad TV cast members also fill up the roles in these recent spoof movies nowadays, which makes the movie, for me, a lot better.

Maybe I'm one of the few who actually support this movie by giving it fair rating. It's not as horrible as people make it out to be, although they probably haven't seen the movie in the first place. It's not fantastic comedic gold either. I just found it a lot better than "Meet the Spartans," which makes me happy. If you're willing to give this movie a chance, give it a rent. If you're unconvinced, then just don't see it.

RATING: 6/10 

thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 11:54am
So what exact "jokes" from Disastrous movie contains wit? Let me guess, is it the Anton Chighur joke or midget Indiana Jones getting his whip caught in the fan joke? 

At least 6/10 would not be considered positive on RT, so that's one go thing about your review.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 1:20pm
Funny jokes? I'm sorry, how are product plugs funny? Or the same repeated jokes like objects falling on top of people funny? Or bringing up the topic of Bradangelina for the fourth movie in a row? Or poorly done celebrity impressions? This guy says his review will not change our opinions of this being a crap movie made just for a quick buck. Well, he's right. All he did was waste 2 seconds of my life as I skimmed through his lackluster review (many other critics gave much more detailed reviews of this movie's crappiness). This movie will still sweep the Razzies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 2:16pm

Originally posted by Michaels

Funny jokes? I'm sorry, how are product plugs funny? Or the same repeated jokes like objects falling on top of people funny? Or bringing up the topic of Bradangelina for the fourth movie in a row? Or poorly done celebrity impressions? This guy says his review will not change our opinions of this being a crap movie made just for a quick buck. Well, he's right. All he did was waste 2 seconds of my life as I skimmed through his lackluster review (many other critics gave much more detailed reviews of this movie's crappiness). This movie will still sweep the Razzies.

See, I hate people like you. First of all, HALF THE THINGS you have listed WERE NOT EVEN IN THE FREAKING MOVIE. Oh, gee, I guess you haven't seen the freaking movie yet! No wonder I acutally liked it! If the jokes you've listed were in the movie, I would probably NOT like it! Use freaking commen sense you ignorant person. You can't just judge me. I'm probably smarter than you seeing how I have over a 5.3 GPA in school.

And why make a list of jokes I found funny? You would probably not find it funny anyway! I TRIED to make a good review for close-minded people like you, yet I know you guys won't change. That's why I said to STOP READING MY REVIEW. This review was obviously NOT FOR YOU but for OTHER people to read! I'm so sick of this now. I hate people like you. You judge things before you see them. You judge me because I liked this movie.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 2:20pm

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

So what exact "jokes" from Disastrous movie contains wit? Let me guess, is it the Anton Chighur joke or midget Indiana Jones getting his whip caught in the fan joke? 

At least 6/10 would not be considered positive on RT, so that's one go thing about your review.

And you, you think you can't get away from my rage right now? Ok, well, your response was not as harsh as the other so I'll go easy on you. What jokes? Like ther other user, what's the point listing them when you probably would not find them funny. I mean, jokes on paper is usually not funny until you see them in context with the movie. But if you must:

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

1. That scene I described (the first joke of the movie) had wit. You cannot deny that. From what you've previously seen, you would think if they spoofed 10,000 BC, they would do something stupid like dressing characters that look like the characters from the movie and practically cloning everything else. Well, they did do that but the fact that they showed "10,001 BC" is just so unexpected from them because they usually do horrible jokes.

2. Please, don't tell me that "Head On" joke was not funny. Say it. I dare you. In my opinion, that was the most hilarious joke in the whole movie!

3. Another fantastic joke was the Speed Racer scene. Watch it and I dare you to say it's not funny.

4. ...well, you may not agree. It's not the fact that there was poo that was funny. It was how that it was spreaded all over the face.

5. Princess eating the glass.

5. Alvin and the Chipmunks attack (well, that may actually be disturbing).

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

See, I hate people like you. First of all, HALF THE THINGS you have listed WERE NOT EVEN IN THE FREAKING MOVIE. Oh, gee, I guess you haven't seen the freaking movie yet! No wonder I acutally liked it! If the jokes you've listed were in the movie, I would probably NOT like it! Use freaking commen sense you ignorant person. You can't just judge me. I'm probably smarter than you seeing how I have over a 5.3 GPA in school.

I'm not personally judging YOU, just your taste in humor. And your sense of humor has nothing to do with your GPA (which by the way can't be higher than 4.0, if you're going by American standards). And frankly, I don't need to see the movie because if you check one page back, you will see this very detailed review of the movie:

http://contest.disastermovie.org/?page_id=182

And what a surprise, stuff I mentioned IS in that review. Based on that, I didn't find anything funny. That and I'm not going to ever see the movie, because doing so would be putting more money in the moron twins' pockets. In fact, as I was reading that review, I was amazed, because I couldn't believe someone would greenlight this. Also, check this video out and you'll see what I'm talking about when it comes to the moron twins' favorite jokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIrU5DTF4V4

Or better yet, this video that was also posted a page back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65WNUiAe3tU

Let's not degrade ourselves to insults and name calling. You like what you like and I like what I like. I'm just pointing out as much you might have enjoyed this movie, we all know for a fact that it's going to tie or break the record for Razzie "wins" that "I Know Who Killed Me" set.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>