Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > DISASTER MOVIE
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: DISASTER Indeed!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISASTER Indeed!!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Message
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: May 23 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 220
Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISASTER Indeed!!
    Posted: December 13 2008 at 10:25am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Never say Christa Flanagan is
a bad actress!!!


...She's not THAT bad, but you can't really fault someone for not liking her.
She's OK, but she's no Anne Hathaway. (Actually, I just think Anne Hathaway
is pretty hot. Never really paid attention to her acting abilities.)


After seeing her achingly poignant performance in Rachel Getting
Married
, I really think Anne Hathaway could be one of the great actresses
of her time.
Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2008 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by movieman


After seeing her achingly poignant performance in Rachel Getting
Married
, I really think Anne Hathaway could be one of the great actresses
of her time.

Yea, she'll probably be pretty good if she can make sure Bride Wars is her last horrible movie.
Back to Top
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: August 30 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1500
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2008 at 4:33pm

Brock Press Online is hoping this movie gets Razzies.  They recently listed their Top 10 Worst Movies of the Past Decade (Link).  Disaster Movie (starring too many bad actors) is ranked at No. 4 behind RT's Worst Reviewed and two former Worst Picture recipients.

Just for the record, this is the fourth time this decade I've seen universal hatred towards one particular film (I don't have a problem with that hatred).  The other three were Halle Berry's downfall, Tom Green being retarded, and Plan 9 with angry Klingons (you know the titles).

Back to Top
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: May 12 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2848
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 2:14am
I wouldn't say "Disaster Movie" stars too many "actors". I don't consider many of the people who appear in the movie as "actors", Kim Kardashian anyone? Plus, since the movie's budget was so low, most of the roles are played by the same three people. I'm glad you don't mind the "universal hatred" this movie is getting, because it's going to get Razzed one way or another. There's no excuse why a movie like this exists. Like "Freddy Got Fingered" and "Dirty Love" before it, this is one "comedy" in which the Razzies voters will get the last laugh.
Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 3:35am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Brock Press Online is hoping this movie gets Razzies.  They recently listed their Top 10 Worst Movies of the Past Decade (Link).  Disaster Movie (starring too many bad actors) is ranked at No. 4 behind RT's Worst Reviewed and two former Worst Picture recipients.


Just for the record, this is the fourth time this decade I've seen universal hatred towards one particular film (I don't have a problem with that hatred).  The other three were Halle Berry's downfall, Tom Green being retarded, and Plan 9 with angry Klingons (you know the titles).


I think if DM got as many reviews as the others, it would be the worst.
Quick breakdown of the numbers so people don't need to look them up:
(Positive Reviews/Total Reviews)
Battlefield Earth: 3/116
Disaster Movie: 1/59
Catwoman: 17/171
Freddie Got Fingered: 9/88

Other notables:
Witless Protection: 0/23
Meet the Spartans: 1/44
Twisted(?): 2/130
Ballistic: Eks vs Sever: 0/104 (Now THAT might be the worst reviewed ever... I'll keep digging here...)
Alone in the Dark: 1/115 (But that's our Uwe)

So there's some fun ones... But I'm still convinced the 1 good review on DM was paid for.
Back to Top
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: May 12 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2848
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 5:11am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I think if DM got as many reviews as the others, it would be the worst.
Quick breakdown of the numbers so people don't need to look them up:
(Positive Reviews/Total Reviews)
Battlefield Earth: 3/116
Disaster Movie: 1/59
Catwoman: 17/171
Freddie Got Fingered: 9/88

Other notables:
Witless Protection: 0/23
Meet the Spartans: 1/44
Twisted(?): 2/130
Ballistic: Eks vs Sever: 0/104 (Now THAT might be the worst reviewed ever... I'll keep digging here...)
Alone in the Dark: 1/115 (But that's our Uwe)

So there's some fun ones... But I'm still convinced the 1 good review on DM was paid for.

I'm surprised "Catwoman" got that many "good" reviews. Must have come from people who -like the "filmmakers" of that movie- knew nothing about the Catwoman character. Yeah, like "Alone In The Dark", "Disaster Movie"'s sole good review was no doubt paid for. But unlike "AITD", "DM" is not going to get away from being razzed. 

Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 5:23am
Originally posted by Michaels


I'm surprised "Catwoman" got that many "good" reviews. Must have come from people who -like the "filmmakers" of that movie- knew nothing about the Catwoman character. Yeah, like "Alone In The Dark", "Disaster Movie"'s sole good review was no doubt paid for. But unlike "AITD", "DM" is not going to get away from being razzed. 



The real unfortunate irony could end up being though, that DM does so terribly and gets so much hype from winning 87 Razzies (That's just my prediction) that it makes up that missing $5 mill in rentals and ultimately becomes JUST profitable. Wouldn't that just be sad?
I've got to admit, poking around again today, I'm tempted to see I Know Who Killed Me again... (Again as in tempted again. I haven't seen it.)
Back to Top
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: May 12 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2848
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 1:22pm

It is a double-edged sword in that case, but "Seltzerberg" is the most worthy target in H-Wood to get razzed this year because of this turd ... with the exception of Uwe Boll, of course. I mean, $5 million in DVD sales? I don't think the Razzies are THAT big of a deal maker that people would say "Dude, this movie sucked so bad, it swept the Razzies, we HAVE to see how s****y it is!". When "Gigli" swept the Razzies, I don't think the DVD did any better than when the movie was in theaters.

 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2008 at 2:22am
Nah, it's unlikely, but we must handle this situation with surgical precision to prevent such a doomsday scenario. Think of the ramifications! They might get to make another movie!
Back to Top
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: May 12 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2848
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2008 at 9:41am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Nah, it's unlikely, but we must handle this situation with surgical precision to prevent such a doomsday scenario. Think of the ramifications! They might get to make another movie!

I don't know. Ben Affeck and Jennifer Lopez's acting careers still have yet to bounce back after "Gigili" (am I even spelling that right?). This year seems very spread out between "Rambo 4", "Meet Dave", "Love Guru" and all of Seltzerberg's and Uwe Boll's entries. I wouldn't be surprised if there were lots of ties in each catagory, although "DM" is the worst of the worst if you ask me. And even if Seltzerberg make another movie, we'll razz that one, too, and then maybe LionsGate will get a clue ... if they don't get one after we give them Worst Studio.

Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2008 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Michaels


I don't know. Ben Affeck and Jennifer Lopez's acting careers still have yet to bounce back after "Gigili" (am I even spelling that right?). This year seems very spread out between "Rambo 4", "Meet Dave", "Love Guru" and all of Seltzerberg's and Uwe Boll's entries. I wouldn't be surprised if there were lots of ties in each catagory, although "DM" is the worst of the worst if you ask me. And even if Seltzerberg make another movie, we'll razz that one, too, and then maybe LionsGate will get a clue ... if they don't get one after we give them Worst Studio.



Gigli is the proper spelling, but I'm thinking there's more to do with the lack of Affleck and Lopez than just that movie. Mostly that neither is really all that likable. Lopez has her family life, and Affleck is just Affleck.
This year has been pretty awful, yes. I get the impression that Meet Dave was much worse than we're thinking, but not worse than DM.
But yes, I think you're really on to something with the Worst Studio Razzie threat.
Back to Top
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member


Joined: January 03 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 60
Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 8:38am

 Disaster Movie was BRUTAL. At least Date Movie and Epic Movie had some famous faces and some laughs.  I LOVE Mad TV and while Snl actors are out there making good movies this guys are stuck playing eight different characters in one sh*tty movie. Nicole Parker and Christa are both talanted actors and I hope they go onto better things. Just hoping you guys dont nominate them. Nick Lacheys girlfriend and Kim Kardashian deserve every Razzie they get for this film.

Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 11:01am
...Exactly WHAT good movies are SNL actors making?
Back to Top
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: May 12 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2848
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 11:36am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

...Exactly WHAT good movies are SNL actors making?

20+ years ago: "GhostBusters", "Beverly Hills Cop", "The Jerk".

Right now: Nothing.

Back to Top
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2024
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

...Exactly WHAT good movies are SNL actors making?


20+ years ago: "GhostBusters", "Beverly Hills Cop", "The Jerk".


Right now: Nothing.



Yea, that's my point. Unless you count Taxi with Jimmy Fallon. That was pretty much the best movie ever made. Jimmy Fallon was so funny. Just ask him.
Back to Top
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: August 30 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1500
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 1:45pm
The Golden Schmoes will probably name this their Worst Film.  Epic Movie won this award last year and Date Movie the year before that.  Are we surprised?  No.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down