Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > DISASTER MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISASTER Indeed!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISASTER Indeed!!
    Posted: August 04 2008 at 5:39pm

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

And another reason to get angry at Disaster Movie: The late Heath Ledger, according to IMDB, is supposedly gonna get spoofed!

If they do spoof him, I hope they like the heat, because they're gonna roast!

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2008 at 4:04am

The budget for this looks smaller than then their other movies. Look at this:  

It looks like a cardboard cut-out. Are these guys even trying anymore?

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2008 at 3:05pm

This is already a movie that looks so stupid that it's beyond intelligence-insulting. But spoofing Ledger after his death (and after giving a performance none of the people in this movie will ever be able to equal) is just a whole other level of bad taste.

What's so funny about "Ironman" getting crushed by a cow anyway? They aren't even trying. I hope this bombs so badly it makes "Meet Dave" and "Love Guru" look like they made money...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2008 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Michaels

But spoofing Ledger after his death (and after giving a performance none of the people in this movie will ever be able to equal) is just a whole other level of bad taste.

So what if Amy Winehouse (whose body is said to be 100% pure crack) dies before the film comes out?

Also, that can't be a whole 'nother level of bad taste.  The movie itself did that!

moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2008 at 7:46pm
It's almost as if it's a test to see just how lazily made a film can be and still have audiences cough up enough cash to turn it into a "hit." Given how recent the subjects of the parodies are, this thing would have to have been written and filmed in weeks. The complete lack of effort on display is just......it leaves me stunned.

It's not that a film is this lazily made, but it's that a product like this would be marketed to this extent--as if it has any worth. And the truly scary prospect is the possibility of a big audience turn-out.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2008 at 1:30am

Originally posted by moat

It's almost as if it's a test to see just how lazily made a film can be and still have audiences cough up enough cash to turn it into a "hit." Given how recent the subjects of the parodies are, this thing would have to have been written and filmed in weeks. The complete lack of effort on display is just......it leaves me stunned.

It's not that a film is this lazily made, but it's that a product like this would be marketed to this extent--as if it has any worth. And the truly scary prospect is the possibility of a big audience turn-out.

What this movie is all about is take a bunch of successful movies from the past or current year, have them all be mentioned (not in a funny way, just mentioned or an appearance be made) and see if audiences will flock to see all their favorite characters in a movie together. Let's see, "Meet Dave" made an opening of $5 million, "Swing Vote" had an opening of $6 million. I'm hoping this movie's opening day is in the $4 range. Not million, just $4.

thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2008 at 10:41am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

You should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XgS834GUbI

Unfortunately, that video is now private

Enlightenment has been suppressed
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2008 at 2:47pm

The makers of this movie should watch "Tropic Thunder" to get an idea of what a real spoof movie is like. "TT" actually spoofs Hollywood sterotypes in a funny way, instead of just having random mentions of popular movies.

Case in point: the sterotypes. You have Ben Stiller's character, a knock-off of Sly or Ar-nold. He's an action movie star who had success for a while, but then hasn't had a hit movies for almost a decade. Then there's Jack Black who is like Eddie Murphy mixed with Chris Farley. A comedic actor with little acting talent who has become famous for movies in which he is loud, farts alot and plays every role in the movies by wearing tons of make-up, oh and he has a drug problem. Then there's Robert Downey Jr's method actor, who can't get out of character even when they aren't filming, period. As he says in the movie "I don't break character until after I've done the DVD commentary". There's also the rookie teen actor who is just excited to be in the movies and is aiming for a Teen Choice Award, and the spoof of Sean Combs with a rapper turn actor sterotype in a character named Alpa Chino (yes, Al Pacino). Then of course you have characters like the studio's yes-man producer, the stressed hack director, and the screenwriter whose book about his personal war story is what the movie is adapted from, but he's not happy how Hollywood is raping his story.

See, that's funny to me because for the most part, it's all true of what Hollywood has become. "Disaster Movies" is just a string of bad cameros. What's so funny about that?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2008 at 11:50am
I hope Tropic Thunder would still be strong at the box office when this crap comes out, so it can kick this movie's a$$ and help end Seltzerberg's blight on film by not being #1 .
Seltzerberg is back?

Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 5:05am

I'm actually shocked that Tropic Thunder did well. When I first saw the Trailer, I thought it would sufer the same fate that "Strange Wilderness" did -- but it actually turned out to be a pretty funny movie.

THIS movie on the other hand (and all the other movies made by Friedberg and Seltzer) is complete crap, and needs to rot in hell with all the other horrible movies of history...with the exception of Ed Wood's movies, because they were so bad they're actually funnier than this. 

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

I hope Tropic Thunder would still be strong at the box office when this crap comes out, so it can kick this movie's a$$ and help end Seltzerberg's blight on film by not being #1 .

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 2:41pm
Isn't it amazing that this movie already has this many posts on its Razzie thread...and it hasn't even come out yet?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 8:05am
You should check the amount of negative threads on the IMDB page for this movie
Seltzerberg is back?

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 12:37pm

If this movie ends up any where near #1 on the Box Office charts, I will lose all faith in the human race. I have seen the trailers, and I found NOTHING funny about them.

Examples: The Hulk yells until his pants fly off -- Z-z-z-z-z-z.

A Sarah Jessica Parker look-a-like (played by a man no less, which is the only remotely funny thing the movie seems to offer) fights a Juno look-a-like who does a Zohan foot uppercut and Juno's unborn baby somehow kicks SJP in the face as well....Yawn!

The caveman from "10,000 BC" encounters Amy Winehouse (who apparently is part sabertooth tiger) and she growls in his face -- WTF?!

A midget Indiana Jones swings on his whip and flies right through a closed window. Yeah, that was funny ... 50 years ago.

People better be smoking that pineapple express pot if they're going to find humor in any of this -- Even the plot makes no sense. A bunch of twenty-somethings are running away from natural disasters and they somehow encounter all these pop culture icons along the way?  

Yeah, probably makes a lot more sense if you're high.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 1:11pm

Originally posted by Michaels

Probably makes a lot more sense if you're high.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Or seriously Humor Impaired, like this film's makers... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 4:03am

There are a ton of new movies coming out this week: "Hamlet 2, "Babble-On ADD," "College." I don't care which of them gets #1 (or if "Tropic Thunder" stays at #1) -- so long as this festering turd doesn't get anywhere near the top of the list. It's a disgrace to filmmaking!

I'm only surprised Uwe Boll didn't direct it!!

kursewerd View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote kursewerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 5:06am

I hope I can post this in here, but...

Make sure you guys check out the third episode of "From 2 of the 6 Writers..." our comedy shorts mocking Seltzer, Friedberg, and their movies.  Just in time for "Disaster Movie".  Whether you're a fan or a hater (we're obviously hardcore haters) you can still get enjoyment out of the video, so make sure you check it out, subscribe, and spread the word.  Also, you can check out the first 2 videos we did, which mocked "Date Movie/Epic Movie" and "Meet The Spartans".

Helpus get these big enough that Seltzer/Friedberg can watch themselves get spoofed.  Hope you guys enjoy! (Just in case, I want to reiterate that this is NOT actually them, and these are mock interviews).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuPN6t3m8n8 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>