Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION ONLY Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION ONLY Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble
    Posted: December 23 2011 at 2:04pm
ALTHOUGH WE WILL NOT BE CONDUCTING a FORUM POLL for THIS, the RESPONSE to OUR OTHER DISCUSSIONS (LINK) HAS BEEN SO VOCIFEROUS, WE THOUGHT WE'D INVITE YOUR FEEDBACK on WORST SCREEN COUPLE/WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE AS WELL.  

HEDZ UP: AS THERE ARE SO MANY POTENTIAL CONTENDERS as BOTH COUPLE and ENSEMBLE for 2011, WE ARE CONSIDERING SEPARATING WORST SCREEN COUPLE as a CATEGORY from WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE, and WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT ON THIS MATTER AS WELL...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 2:11pm
If Couple and Ensemble are two individual categories, would we be allowed to list performers from the same films in both categories?  For example, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson from TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN #1 would be among my top choices as Screen Couple, but I would argue that the entire cast from the film would also be prime contenders as Worst Ensemble. Before going to nthe trouble of working up my list of suggestions, some guidance would be appreciated... 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since TWILIGHT SBD #1 isn't the only film that would have potential contenders for both categories (TRANNIES 3, JACK & JILL, NEW YEAR'S EVE and others come to mind) and listing the same titles in both categories might make the whole process more interesting, I'd say...YES

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 2:20pm
My suggestions:  

FRONTRUNNER
The entire cast of NEW YEAR'S EVE. The WORST!  

Runners up:  
Cast of Red Riding Hood  
Cast of The Hangover II  
Cast of Your Highness  
Cast of Jack & Jill  
Cast of Transformers 3   

I personally don't care about the Couple thing.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 2:44pm
Here are my picks:  

The entire cast of ATLAS SHRUGGED PART 1 
The entire cast of THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE II (FULL SEQUENCE) 
The entire cast of SEASON OF THE WITCH 
Amanda Seyfried and either Shiloh Fernandez or Max Irons/RED RIDING HOOD 
The entire cast of SOMETHING BORROWED 
The entire cast of THE SMURFS 
The entire cast of SUCKER PUNCH 
The entire cast of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PART 1  

Kevin James and either Leslie Bibb or Rosario Dawson/ZOOKEEPER 
Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman/NO STRINGS ATTACHED 
Martin Lawrence and Brandon T. Jackson/BIG MOMMAS: LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON 
Leighton Meester and Minka Kelly/THE ROOMMATE 
Alex Pettyfer and either Dianna Agron (I AM NUMBER FOUR) or Vanessa Hudgens (BEASTLY) 
Mickey Rourke and Megan Fox/PASSION PLAY 
Adam Sandler and either Jenifer Aniston or Brooklyn Decker/JUST GO WITH IT 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 2:57pm
Never mind what I said. There are indeed too many!  
If a seperation comes to fruition, I hope more people will see New Year's Eve. 

Worst Screen Couple frontrunner by a mile: 
Michelle Pfeiffer + Zac Efron = Dead

Runners up: 
Amanda Seyfried couldn't even stand Fernandez off screen, so no chemistry on screen. 
Alex Pettyfer & Vanessa Hudgens 
Ashton Kutcher & Natalie Portman 
Adam Sandler & Jennifer Aniston 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 3:40pm
Frotrunners:
-CONAN THE BARBARIAN.
-PRIEST.
-Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon in WATER FOR ELEPHANTS.

Runners-up:
-THE GREEN HORNET.
-QUARANTINE 2.
-SANCTUM.
-Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston in JUST GO WITH IT.
-Mickey Rourke and Megan Fox in PASSION PLAY.
-Amanda Seyfried and either Shiloh Fernandez or Max Irons in RED RIDING HOOD, or Justin Timberlake in IN TIME.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 3:48pm
"Quarantine 2" was released Direct-to-Video in the States, so it doesn't qualify for Razzie consideration...
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 3:49pm
I'd prefer it if we only had a worst screen ensemble-category.... The Worst Screen Couple-category kind of feels dated by now....

Anyway the worst screen couple I can think of are Megan Fox and Mickey Rourke in Passion Play.....

And people know which movie I think has the worst ensemble.... But to be fair, the centipede-movies aren't really known for hiring good actors.... I heard that any actress that didn't run away after hearing the premise for the first movie got a part in it (that's how they ended up with such bad actresses)....
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 4:36pm
Until last year I felt the same way about the Worst Couple category, but that's because most times it is used in a "funny" way. Personally, I think that chemistry between co-stars can be as important as any technical aspect, depending on the movie --especially a Romance... or a Buddy Film. 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Quarantine 2 was DTV in the States, so it doesn't count.
Actually it had a limited release first.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 5:02pm
At first I was on the fence. Part of me said Worst Couple was a remnant of the MTV movie awards, which I want nothing to do with. Another part said if we had 2 categories for Couples and Ensembles, more films could get nominated. Yet another part said there weren't enough couples out there that really stood out, and the category is obsolete. What finally made me decide we should do away with Couples altogether is: I just can't understand if all the movies nominated for Worst Ensemble are the same as the Worst Couple finalists, how it would be interesting.

With that, here are my suggestions for Worst Ensemble Cast:
Season of the Witch
The Rite
Just Go With It
Your Highness
New Year's Eve

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, Leo, SchumacherH8ter, and others this applies to: Lay off the screen triples!
EDIT 2: oiram, will you stop with the Adam Sandler and hundreds of other characters? That's not a couple, it's redundant when he should just be nominated for Worst Actor for all his 4 films this year, it's too many in one, and there's plenty more reasons why that shouldn't be a nomination!

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Since TWILIGHT SBD #1 isn't the only film that would have potential contenders for both categories (TRANNIES 3, JACK & JILL, NEW YEAR'S EVE and others come to mind) and listing the same titles in both categories might make the whole process more interesting, I'd say...YES

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 5:17pm
What's ironic is that the MTV Movie Award for Best Duo was changed in 2001 to "Best Team," so that duos, trios, quartets, etc. could get nominated as well, which has been part of the criticism of our Worst Screen Couple award. Also, the Best Team Award was last given out in 2006, yet our Worst Couple Award continues. But that's fine by me.
Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 6:31pm
My picks for this category:  

The Entire Cast of New Year's Eve  
The Entire Cast of Transformers: Dark of the Moon 
The Entire Cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 
Adam Sandler and EITHER Jennifer Aniston or Brooklyn Decker - Just Go With It 
Amanda Seyfried and EITHER Shiloh Fernandez or Max Irons - Red Riding Hood 
Megan Fox and Mickey Rourke - Passion Play 

billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 9:24pm
Runners - Up: 
  1. Hangover II: Any two or more Wolfpack members. (remember the Jonas Brothers got this in '10) 
  2. Twilight/Breaking Dawn #1: Entire Cast 
  3. Beastly: Alex Pettyfer and either Vanessa Hudgens or Neil Patrick Harris 
  4. I am Number Four: Alex Pettyfer and either Diana Argon or Timothy Olyphant 
  5. Big Mommas: Martin Lawrence and Brandon T. Jackson 
  6. Drive Angry: Nicholas Cage and Amber Heard 
  7. Jack and Jill: Adam Sandler and either Adam Sandler or Katie Holmes
  8. Actually, Jack and Jill: Entire Cast 
  9. Tyler Perry's Medea's Big Happy Family: Tyler Perry and either Tyler Perry or any of his/her underlings 
  10. Tyler Perry's Meada's Big Happy Family: David Mann and Tamela Mann 
  11. Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family: Shad "Bow Wow" Moss and either Lauren London or Teyana Taylor 
  12. But really, just... 
  13. Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family: Entire Cast. 
  14. Bad Teacher: Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake 

...And the winner is...  
Pirates 3D: Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz
Rise of the Planet of the Apes: James Franco and Frieda Pinto  

Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2011 at 3:36am
Adam Sandler and Any Male, Female, Animal, Set, Artical Of Clothing, Accessory, Prop, or Film Maker He Worked With This Year/Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star AND Jack & Jill AND Just Go With It AND Zookeeper.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2011 at 7:03am
For Worst Ensemble--Oh, We documented THE GUILTY PARTIES in Jerkoff and Jill. Honestly, they stand head, shoulders, falsies and butt pads above any other cast this year.

Worst screen couple:

Adam Sandler and his Bloated Ego in JERKOFF AND JILL
Mickey Rourke and Megan FAUX in Passionless Play
Martin Lawrence and Brandon Jackson in Big Momma's 
Stewart and Pattison for Twifright
Seth Rogan and Anyone On The Screen With Him for Green Hornet.

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2011 at 10:26am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Worst Couple category aimed at the chemistry and the ability of the actors to come across as in love with each other? Without questioning the reasons of their characters' love now, I keep wondering why people nominate Pattinson & Stewart.
Or is it focusing on the mismatched characters, or only the acting alongside each other? Then it would make more sense to nominate them, because one thing you can't hold against them, they did come across as having a bit of chemistry. There is a huge difference to, let's say Sandler & Aniston, or even Pattinson & Witherspoon, in coming across as a couple. Sandler and Witherspoon were rather bland in that matter and never managed to make their affection for their partners apparent on screen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>