Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION ONLY Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION ONLY Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble
    Posted: December 26 2011 at 11:04am
So what? Their chemistry will still be bad if you nominate them in the Worst Ensemble-category...  

Originally posted by Vits

Until last year I felt the same way about the Worst Couple category, but that's because most times it is used in a "funny" way. Personally, I think that chemistry between co-stars can be as important as any technical aspect, depending on the movie --especially a Romance... or a Buddy Film.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 11:42am
If "chemistry" is the most important part of a movie, it's usually a couple, or 2 friends or 2 relatives... 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 12:44pm
"Chemistry" is exactly what worked so well for Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci in "Monster".
And why the Twilight films have become such big hits. 

And it's exactly what didn't work for half of the cast of New Year's Eve.
And why Beastly was such a failure...   

If "chemistry" is the most important part of a movie, it's usually a couple, or 2 friends or 2 relatives... 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 2:01pm
You said MONSTER because they had good chemistry, or because their relationship was a mix of couple, friendship and family?

I don't mind BREAKING DAWN being nominated for Worst Ensemble, but I think that, even the haters, can agree that the best part of the saga is the leads' chemistry.

I'm not sure about NEW YEAR'S EVE. There are so many couple there it would be hard to pick the one with the least chemistry, so Worst Ensemble is good enough... unless some of you think one couple is the worst.

Haven't seen BEASTLY, so I can't say.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 3:28pm
Their relationship was indeed a mix of that. And Charlize Theron NAILED it. When they met, the chemistry was the one that friends have, chatting along while having a beer. When they fell in love, Theron managed to change their friendly chemistry into the desperate attraction and desire to be loved by Ricci's character. And finally it felt like she was taking care of her partner. Theron's performance as Lee is one of my favourite female ones up to this date. And I really liked Ricci's performance too, she and Theron worked very well together. 

I would be a hypocryte to nominate the cast of Breaking Dawn. While I don't mind or even want some of them being nominated, I am a fan of Anna Kendrick, Christopher Heyerdale and some of the Native actors, and even Billy Burke made me laugh, so for me to do that would be unfair.

In my nominations, I did not like one performance of the actors involved with these casts: 
Cast of Red Riding Hood  
Cast of The Hangover II
Cast of Your Highness  (James Franco annoyed me even more than McBride) 
Cast of Jack & Jill  
Cast of Transformers 3 (I have to admit, Ken Jeong makes me laugh, though) 

And I think it's very noticeable that Stewart got better in Breaking Dawn #1.  
It's not a secret that I strongly dislike the Twilight story, but, like I said before: Stewart & Patts have chemistry, and people still keep nominating them? I wonder, for what reasons?  

Usually I don't mind cougaristic behaviour in movies, but Pfeiffer and Efron creeped me out. Confused
But only a Worst Esemble nomination is fine with me if not too many have seen it.

Pettyfer was able to come across as having fun with playing a prick (with a giant amount of self pity) in Beastly, and more suffering than necessary -- just too much. Therefore he wasn't believable in the least in being grateful towards Hudson's character or showing affection to her, it was not enough. Same for I am Number 4.  

You said MONSTER because they had good chemistry, or because their relationship was a mix of couple, friendship and family?

I don't mind BREAKING DAWN being nominated for Worst Ensemble, but I think that, even the haters, can agree that the best part of the saga is the leads' chemistry.

I'm not sure about NEW YEAR'S EVE. There are so many couple there it would be hard to pick the one with the least chemistry, so Worst Ensemble is good enough... unless some of you think one couple is the worst.

Haven't seen BEASTLY, so I can't say.

JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 5:16pm
Worst Screen Couple

Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler, Just Go With It
Russell Brand and Helen Mirren, Arthur
Kevin James and Winona Ryder, The Dilemma
Alex Pettyfer and Vanessa Hudgens, Beastly
Adam Sandler and Adam Sandler, Jack & Jill

Worst Ensemble

Alvin and the Blow Chunks
Bucky Larson
The Human Centipede 2
Jack & Jill
Just Go With It

My Picks... so far:
Worst Picture BUCKY LARSON
Worst Actor Shia LaBeouf
Worst Actress Martin Lawrence
Worst Sup Actor John Turturro
Worst Sup Actress Vanessa Hudgens
Worst Director Michael Bay
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 9:35pm
Here are my choices/suggestions: 

Russell Brand and either Jennifer Garner or Helen Mirren in 'Arthur' 
Nicolas Cage and either Claire Foy in 'Season of the Witch', Amber Heard in 'Drive Angry', or Nicole Kidman in 'Trespass' 
Ginnifer Goodwin and either Colin Egglesfield, Kate Hudson, or John Krasinski in 'Something Borrowed' 
Minka Kelly and Leighton Meester in 'The Roommate' 
Martin Lawrence and Brandon T. Jackson in 'Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son' 
Sarah Jessica Parker and either Greg Kinnear or Pierce Brosnan in 'I Don't Know How She Does It' 
Alex Pettyfer and either Dianna Agron in 'I Am Number Four' or Vanessa Hudgens in 'Beastly' 
Adam Sandler and either Jennifer Aniston or Brooklyn Decker in 'Just Go With It' or Adam Sandler in 'Jack and Jill' 
Vince Vaughn and either Kevin James, Jennifer Connelly, or Winona Ryder in 'The Dilemma' 
The entire cast of 'Atlas Shrugged: Part 1' 
The entire cast of 'Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star' 
The entire cast of 'Dylan Dog: Dead of Night' 
The entire cast of 'Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil' 
The entire cast of 'Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer' 
The entire cast of 'New Year's Eve' 
The entire cast of 'Shark Night' 
The entire cast of 'The Smurfs' 
The entire cast of 'Spy Kids: All the Time in the World' 
The entire cast of 'Sucker Punch' 
The entire cast of 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1' 
The entire cast of 'The Undefeated' 
The entire cast of 'Zookeeper' 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2011 at 6:34am
Miguel: Regarding your Screen Couple choices (see below)... 

I thought the point of Jennifer Garner was to be the wrong choice in ARTHUR. 

Cage & Heard maybe, since they were a duo -- but he and Foy weren't a couple in any way. If anything, it should be Cage and Ron Perlman in WITCH. 

Why not Cam Gigandet in ROOMMATE? 

As I understand it, Vaughn and James are best buds and Connelly and Ryder are their respective wives in DILEMMA, so Ryder shouldn't be considered a couple with Vaughn

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Russell Brand and either Jennifer Garner or Helen Mirren in 'Arthur'
Nicolas Cage and either Claire Foy in 'Season of the Witch', Amber Heard in 'Drive Angry', or Nicole Kidman in 'Trespass'
Minka Kelly and Leighton Meester in 'The Roommate'
Vince Vaughn and either Kevin James, Jennifer Connelly, or Winona Ryder in 'The Dilemma'
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2011 at 7:01pm
My Worst Screen Couple/Screen Ensemble choices:  
Jessica Alba and anyone who is ashamed of starring with her in spy kids 4d no time in the world, 
Nicolas Cage and any person stuck to costar with him in either season of the witch, drive angry 3d or trespass, 
Taylor Launter and K-Stew or R-Patz in breaking wind part 1 or any costar in abduction 
Adam Sandler and himself, Katie Holmes or Al Pacino in jack and jill or jennifer aniston and brooklyn decker in please just don't go with it 
The Wolfpack and either mr chow or the monkey in the Hangover Part 2
the ENTIRE CAST of new year's eve

billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2011 at 9:15pm
The essence of Worst Screen Couple is two people co-starring in a movie together who are trying to be cute and trying to have "chemistry," but they just come off looking like two complete idiots on screen. 

Twilight is a perfect example of that. They had some chemistry in New Moon, but for some reason the already flat performances got even worse in Eclipse and Dawn 1... 

Originally posted by mbh

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Worst Couple category aimed at the chemistry and the ability of the actors to come across as in love with each other? Without questioning the reasons of their characters' love now, I keep wondering why people nominate Pattinson & Stewart.
Or is it focusing on the mismatched characters, or only the acting alongside each other? Then it would make more sense to nominate them, because one thing you can't hold against them, they did come across as having a bit of chemistry. There is a huge difference to, let's say Sandler & Aniston, or even Pattinson & Witherspoon, in coming across as a couple. Sandler and Witherspoon were rather bland in that matter and never managed to make their affection for their partners apparent on screen.

Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 7:25pm
I really think they should split Worst Couple and Worst Ensemble into two categories. There are plenty of worthy nods for both separately.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Then I think you'll by happy when your Nominating Ballot arrives late next week... 

Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 12:07am
Here's a proposal for this category (for your consideration): 

Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble 

Leonardo DiCaprio, Armie Hammer and their "old age make-up"* - J Edgar 

*This is for the unfortunate pairing of these two actors with their unconvincing "old age make-up" in the film.
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 12:50am
The general perception is "The chemistry between Pattinson and Stewart is as solid as ever" -- and that's coming from a negative review (LINK). Almost none (or only very few bad reviews) say differently. 

It doesn't matter if the characters look like complete idiots or the people lack acting ability as long as they seem authentic with each other. Kristen Stewart gets on my nerves permanently, and still critics or even I are able to see, they don't need to try to have chemistry, it's simply there. Unlike many others. 

And a flat performance doesn't neccessarely influence natural chemistry, as the first Twilight film shows. An actor can give a good performance and have lots of chemistry (Notebook), or give a good performance, and not have the right chemistry (Water for Elephants).
I have to admit though, in Eclipse the interactions between the couple were too serious for my taste. I don't know if you read my earlier post, but I don't get what she see's in the vamp anyway. The whole story is just silly. But I'm glad at least in that respect for the first half Breaking Dawn was a little lighter again. 

A better example for having no chemistry whatsoever would be most couples from New Year's Eve.
They are acting alongside each other, but not with each other.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 6:19am
If you think about it, if there were an Oscar for Best Chemistry, Stewart & Pattinson wouldn't win it this year: 

1)In TWILIGHT, yes, because it was a straight Romantic Movie. 

2)In NEW MOON, no, because they spent most of the movie apart. It deserved the nomination for Worst Couple but just for her and JACOB, because they had 0 chemistry (although that was on purpose... I think). 

3)In ECLIPSE, maybe, because it's focused equally on the rivals, and she starts realizing her feelings for JACOB

4)In BREAKING DAWN PART 1, no, because their love is the focus for only the first half of the movie.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 11:20am
Ugh, I hated New Moon. Don't even get me started. Such a snoozfest, Weitz completely messed up that one, and The Golden Compass. But I have to admit, A Better Life is a good movie.

There is plenty of stuff I hate about Breaking Dawn, the story more than anything. Makes me feel like that is what the authors thoughts spin around all the time.
But at first Edward and Bella seem to be happy, and then there is an invisible barricade between them. Chemistry gone out the window, or at least turned into negative/worried chemistry, which was apparent on screen.
I need to stop now, talking about that is no fun. But even if the story is sh*t and the characters look ridiculous and are obnoxious, the chemistry/authenticy of the main couple isn't an issue in these movies.

ABC View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 8:19am
My front-runners:  

Kristen Stewart/Robert Pattinson/Taylor Lautner - The Twilight Saga. Breaking Dawn. Part 1 
Adam Sandler and Adam Sandler/Al Pacino/Katie Holmes - Jack and Jill, or Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston/Brooklyn Decker - Just Go with It 
Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman - Trespass 
Amanda Seyfried and Shiloh Fernandez/Max Irons - Red Riding Hood or Amanda Seyfried and Justin Timberlake - In Time 
Emily Browning, Vanessa Hudgens, Abbie Cornish, Jamie Chung, Jena Malone - Sucker Punch 
Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher - No Strings Attached or Natalie Portman and James  Franco/Danny McBride - Your Highness 
Shia LaBeouf/Rosie Huntington-Whiteley/Any Transformer - Transformers: Dark of the Moon 
The Cast of Glee 3D Movie 
The Cast of New Year's Eve 
Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Jennifer Connelly, Winona Ryder - The Dilemma (fat average guys with hot girlfriends???) 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>