Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of 2002 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of 2002 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: December 09 2010 at 8:57am
Update: out of those 5 suggestions, the "Benigni is always right" argument sounds the best. That's what Life Is Beautiful (1998) suggests, because after the acclaim for Life is Beautiful, they probably thought him infallible.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 4:53pm
After seeing MEN IN BLACK I & II a few times now I can finally compare them.You see,it was confusin.The 2nd one's jokes were funnier but lacked the wit and freshness,and it came with more action and thrills but also obvious plot holes.They both balance each other with their pros and cons,making them equally good.I give them ****.

As for Lara Flynn Boyle...although the rule is that you need a straight face to play an alien,that doesn't apply to this movies.Yeah,she deserved it.But to be fair,it was hard to fill in Vincent D'Onofrio's shoes in terms of acting and...is there a verb for "being a cool villain"?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Vits

After seeing MEN IN BLACK I & II a few times now I can finally compare them.You see,it was confusin.The 2nd one's jokes were funnier but lacked the wit and freshness,and it came with more action and thrills but also obvious plot holes.They both balance each other with their pros and cons,making them equally good.I give them ****.
Sorry, but "Men In Black 1", although not a perfect movie by any means, blows "Men In Black 2" away. "MIB 2" was clearly thrown together without any thought to it and crammed with whatever popular celebrities at the time in hopes that would balance out how bad the script was. Most of the jokes weren't even funny. "MIB 2" was just a safe movie and cash-in for Will Smith and the director to do after the failure of "Wild Wild West", but in my opinion, it was just as stupid as "WWW".
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Michaels

"MIB 2" was clearly thrown together without any thought to it and crammed with whatever popular celebrities at the time in hopes that would balance out how bad the script was.
You mean...Michael Jackson?What a memorable performance that was.
jineshabraham View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jineshabraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 7:43am
The recut American version is truly awful, but a good 75 percent of the awfulness is attributable to Miramax, the film's distributor.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 5:29pm
What movie are you talking about?
davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 9:11am
Michael Jackson was in MIB 2?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 10:27am
Yes -- He played himself in cameo, wanting badly to join the agency. He suggests he be called AGENT M. But considering it's easy to disguise someone as him, and "he" has appeared in many movies, I'd understand if you didn't think it was really him.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 5:24pm
There's story that Michael Jackson wanted to have Will Smith's role!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 4:16pm
Even with a three piece suit, sunglasses, and giant laser gun, Michael Jackson still would never have come across as badass!  
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
jacket250 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jacket250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 9:17pm
I think Worst Picture should have gone to one of the other movies. "Pluto Nash" was a box office bomb that made less than 1/4 its budget back

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 11:47am
I just saw "XXX".

It was a generic action movie,but it wasn't that bad.It was one of the last blockbusters to use actual stunts rather than rely on CGI.They seemed a little more like the video on the background at a ski resort rather than a music video(you decide which one you prefer).

I give it 4/10.I don't mind it was nominated in that category,since it's purpose was to take money from teens with short attention span.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 11:17am
I just re-watched STEALING HARVARD after many years.

Tom Green deserved his nomination. He had the chance to do something out of his comfort zone, but it there were parts where he clearly re-wrote his character's personality in his head, to be more like his real-life self. He had no comedic timing! But I honestly thought Jason Lee was worse (probably because I expect more of him). He was so lazy!

I felt something was missing. Like JOHN being confronted by his sister and/or his niece at the end. They obviously find out about everything. And don't even get me started on the other bigger plot holes.

I give this 3/10.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 1:03pm
I've re-watchted THE MASTER OF DISGUISE after so many years.

It still made me laugh, but now that I can't look pass the obvious mistakes and the campy visuals (who thought it would be a good idea to hire Happy Madison's production designer as the director?!), this is no more than a guilty pleasure.

I admired Dana Carvey's ability to disguise, but now I realize that it doesn't automatically the impression is funny. It was... only at times. As for Bo Derek's nomination, come on. I know cameos can be bad enough to deserve a nomination, but she had one line. One line!

This features one of the worst scenes in the history of cinema: When PISTACCIO is escaping from the henchmen, he disguises a bunch of times. Then, while still disguised as "grass", he hides behind a newspaper. Why the f*ck would he do that, if he's the master of disguise?! The reason why is the worst is because it was obvious that everyone on set had turned off their brains while filming that scene.

I give it 4/10.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 4:51pm
Until the double-shot of Bucky Larson and Jack & Jill, Master Of Disguise was my least favorite Happy Madison movie.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2012 at 12:50pm
1)Wasn't it a quadruple shot (with JUST GO WITH IT and ZOOKEEPER)?
2)"Least favorite"? So you liked them?
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>