Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of 2004 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of 2004 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: January 22 2011 at 4:21pm
The visuals in "Batman & Robin"?! Gotham City were not supposed to be full of statues of naked men! And don't get me started on the cartoon sound effects and the 150+ bad puns.  

Originally posted by Vits

I just saw THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA '04 and gave it 4/10.It deserved to be at least nominated for "Worst Director".I didn't see BATMAN & ROBIN but I don't think it's that bad because of it's visuals.They didn't match what BATMAN represents,true.But how many directors have their own style?I liked that Joel Schumacher at least tried to put it into the movie.But in this movie his style is so different from the play that it reduces impact.Also there were major pacing issues.

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 6:44am
I repeat: The style wasn't appropiate for that specific movie.

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Gotham City is not suppose to be full of statues of naked men!

What do these have to do with the visuals?  

And don't get me started on the cartoon sound effects and the 150+ bad puns.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 9:04am
Nothing, it just made a bad movie worse.  

And don't get me started on the cartoon sound effects and the 150+ bad puns.

What does that have to do with the visuals?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 1:31pm
I just saw the saga of THE EXORCIST.I'll write a conjoined review of the 5 movies soon.The 4th movie deserved it's nomination and more.
Yingchun View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Yingchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 1:37am
I'm thinking, why White Chicks? Why not Alien Vs Predator or Envy or Around the World in 80 Days?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2011 at 6:07pm

I just saw the saga of THE EXORCIST.I'll write a conjoined review of the 5 movies soon.The 4th movie deserved it's nomination and more.
Click here:
http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic5208_post44927.html#44927
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2012 at 1:41am
2004. Tragically, Agent 004 died in a training session in Beirut. Georgi Koskov severed his climbing tether and sent him plunging to his death. The Russian words "Smiert Spionam" ("Death to Spies") was found spraypainted on the rockface. Here's my take on the Year of Smiert Spionam:

Films that should've been RAZZed, but didn't: 5
Thunderbirds
Christmas With the Kranks //This proves that films making tons of money and sucking to high heaven aren't new to 2009
After the Sunset
The Alamo [remake]
You Got Served

Films that got RAZZed, but shouldn't have: 3
Starsky & Hutch
Anchorman
Dodgeball

Films that got RAZZed to the wrong degree: 3
Exorcist 4: The Beginning (Not RAZZed enough)
Around the World in 80 Days [remake] (Not RAZZed enough)
Fahrenheit 9/11 (RAZZed too much) //It should've settled for 3 runner-up nominations for Dubya, Condoleezza, and Rumsfeld. No wins, no Spears, no Pet Goat.

Worst Trends/Events of 2004:
V. A generic street dancing film becomes Episode 805, but luckily one of the best of South Park Season 8 (You Got Served)
IV. The Passion raises controversy and divides America along sectarian lines (Maybe not to the degree that Episode 804, The Passion of the Jew, suggests, but it still caused discord between Christianity and Judaism)
III. Inaccurate, comical period pieces and historical dramas (Ex. King Arthur, Alexander, The Alamo [remake])
II. Jinx Johnson was the frying pan, Catwoman is the fire. (You thought Halle Berry's role in Die Another Day was the worst? Less than 2 years later, things got so bad she accepted her RAZZIES!)
I. The "Dubya" administration vs Britney Spears, Michael Moore, and Roland Emmerich's ice age (Fahrenheit 9/11 was apparently RAZZed so much in order to make a statement against how out-of-control the Bush Jr. administration had spiraled after 3 1/2 years in office, while the scientific community rejected The Day After Tomorrow because it was SO loosely based in reality, and despite the debate over global warming and climate change, planetary ice ages and global cooling became a fad in the mid 00-Agents' decade.)
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WORST PICTURE

SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2 (Triumph Films)

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Jon Voight / SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2

WORST DIRECTOR

Bob Clark / SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2

WORST SCREENPLAY

SUPERBABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2, Written by Steven Paul and Gregory Poppen
Skip to 01:11.

Any thoughts?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 2:06pm

I gave CATWOMAN 3/10. It deserved to "win" Worst Picture, Director and Screenplay. But the performances were passable, and I didn't see anything wrong with Halle and Benjamin as a couple, and Halle and Sharon weren't even a "couple" (I know you really meant "on-screen match"). Why wasn't it nominated for "Remake Or Sequel"? Because of the same reason why it's bad: it has nothing to do with the comics?
My review, along with the rest of the BATMAN franchise (skip to 02:07):

Any thoughts?
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 6:09pm
I Watched "Catwoman" on Cable (I Believe it was the Oxygen Network). Anyway, I wanted to keep an open mind and see what this film was all about it. I can honestly say after seating through the entire movie I can say it deserves all 4 Razzie Awards that it got. Here are it's faults:

Sharon Stone is a villain, yet she has no real reason poisoning women with facial cream. (Yeah I felt stupid saying it too).

Why in the world does Catwoman look like a dominatrix with a Cat Fetish? I know the character is known for being sexy but they over did it. There is more to Catwoman than being seductive and sexy.

And Finally, that ridiculous and weird Basketball scene.... enough said there. My Rating for Catwoman is... 2/10. I might as well give Pitof points for trying... I think.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 6:17pm
The thing with White Chicks was that it was almost unbelievably offensive to a lot of people. As for me, I just thought it was stupid, with no real purpose whatsoever. However, out of all the Wayans brothers films, "Little Man" is probably the most idiotic -- Nothing funny or clever anywhere in that film. I believe it even won a few Razzies?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 7:08pm
Welcome MovieCritic1994. LITTLE MAN did win a few of our awards, but WHITE CHICKS didn't win any of the Razzies it was up for.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 12:39am
Thanks for the Welcome!   :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2013 at 12:53pm
This episode includes Worst Picture nominee ALEXANDER:

Any thoughts?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 7:40am
On this episode, I compare Worst Actress nominee A CINDERELLA STORY to its sequels, and, the other adaptations of CINDERELLA:

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 12:14pm
This episode includes Worst Picture nominee SURVIVING CHRISTMAS (skip to 01:23):

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123