Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of 2008 RAZZIE® "WINNERS"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of 2008 RAZZIE® "WINNERS"
    Posted: October 16 2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Mr. Burn, I don't know if Kingdom of the Crystal Skull still has between 60 and 80% at Rotten Tomatoes, but with how bad you think it is, are you implying that those critics were patently lying?
All I'm saying is that unlike the critics and other movie goers, the Razzie voters were not so easily sold to.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2010 at 4:13pm
"Easily sold"?Is it that hard for you to even consider maybe INDY 4 was a good movie?Not excellent,and far from as good as the other ones,but good?I'm asking because you keep coming up with reasons that start to sound to me more like excuses.I mean isn't what the majority thinks what matters?
Good reviews+good box office=good movie

I know the movie was already awarded,but what do you think this forums of past years are for?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2010 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Vits

Is it that hard for you to even consider maybe INDY 4 was a good movie?Not excellent,and far from as good as the other ones,but good.
A fun movie? Sure. An entertaining movie? Yeah. A good movie? No. In the end, the only majority that mattered was the votes of the Razzie members.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 8:59am
With "Majority" I meant the whole world.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 10:27am

With "Majority" I meant the whole world.
I know, but the whole didn't vote for the Razzies, only the 700 members who hated the movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 2:35pm
That doesn't sound very fair.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2010 at 5:49pm

That doesn't sound very fair.
Well, as I said before, if people don't like the choices the Razzies make, they should shell out $20 and become voting memebers so that the "right" movies (or at least the right ones in their minds) get razzed.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 4:35am
Yes every body knows about the award of that film.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2010 at 3:39pm
I don't think Uwe Boll should've won. His directing was bad, but it was the smallest problem in IN THE NAME OF THE KING. Besides, against Selzerberg...
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2010 at 3:58pm
Seltzerberg wouldn't have been a better choice, if you ask me. Their intent is to create the worst movie possible by ripping off everything from pop culture. Besides, Uwe Boll wasn't quite as obscure, and his video game adaptation movies had more bad substance to them, than the spoof movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2010 at 4:00pm
No, EVERYTHING about Boll's movie was a problem. Most of the cast (not all, but most) have proven they could do better in the past, but with Boll at the helm, well, everyone went down with the ship! 

I don't think Uwe Boll should've won. His directing was bad, but it was the smallest problem in IN THE NAME OF THE KING. Besides, against Selzerberg...
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2011 at 5:36am
While Crystal Skull was a big disappointment, I think the Worst Remake/Sequel award should have gone to The Day the Earth Stood Still '08. Now THAT was terrible!
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2011 at 6:32am
True! Not only it was bad, it ruined the original.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2011 at 7:49pm
Ah, yes, the "Let's All Speak in Montone Like Keanu Does" movie. 

Yeah, it was bad, but I guess Indiana Jones fans outnumber the "TDTESS" fans.   

Originally posted by oiram

I think the award should have gone to The Day the Earth Stood Still 08. Now THAT was terrible!
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2011 at 9:45am
you realize the movies sucks compared to the original 3. I don't care if people don't like that choice, but it was the right choice because the movie was a big let down.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2011 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Jennifar

you realize the movies sucks compared to the original 3. I don't care if people don't like that choice, but it was the right choice because the movie was a big let down.
THANK YOU! That's the point we've been trying to make about "Indy Jones 4"!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>