Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of All-Time RAZZIE® Champs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of All-Time RAZZIE® Champs
    Posted: June 26 2006 at 6:22am

WE'VE JUST UP-DATED and MOVED our ALL-TIME CHAM-PEENS LIST -- HERE's the LINK to SEE IT in ITS NEW HOME.  

FEEL FREE to KEEP on DISCUSSING the LIST BELOW...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 12:08pm
Shouldn't it be "All-Time Razzie Chumps"?
Fred Cooper
stallonefan1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote stallonefan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2010 at 5:30pm

Its funny that you nominate Stallone every year for every movie he's in. Usually that means when you talk about someone so much that means you really cant get them off your mind. You're pathetic!

And I just gotta ask --WHO DO YOU LIKE?? You nominate some of the Greatest Actors that ever graced the silver screen.George C Scott??? Are you people on crack? Seriously.He IS the Greatest Actor of all time.Its funny because people like him go on to win for Masterpieces like Patton and youre hardly recognized...lol  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: George C. Scott was a RAZZIE nominee for EXORCIST III (IMDb LINK) precisely because he was one of the greatest actors of all time, who abased himself by appearing in a cheap-jack, exploitative sequel for a fast buck.  By your measure, Orson Welles (who appeared with Pia Zadora in BUTTERFLY near the end of his career!) should simply never be criticized because he happened to make CITIZEN KANE. Just because someone is capable of excellent work doesn't mean they do excellent work consistently. And that's part of what the RAZZIES are all about -- Calling out gifted actors who do crappy work. 

As for being "pathetic," you are the one spending time and thought defending a multi-millionaire bad actor who we stopped RAZZing years ago -- and who himself agrees much of his own work wasn't exactly "art." 

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2010 at 1:49pm
I think that the RAZZIES deserve a break from the cable movie channels.  Just about all the classic movie channels are doing "31 days of Oscar" (ptui) as a theme...and we're being unceremoniously left out of the mix.  

Why can't there be a "30 Daysof RAZZIES" preceding that Naked Gold Man fetish they throw out each year???  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, Encore-on-Demand DID run a Mini-RAZZIE-Fest (featuring 10 RAZZIE "Winning" movies) at this time of year in 2009 (LINK).  We were hoping it would become an annual event, but never heard back from them about doing it again this year...  
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2010 at 2:15pm
I don't think there's enough alcohol in the entire world to dull the pain of having to sit through an entire month of Razzie-winning movies! Our kind of movies need to be watched in small doses -- not in all-day-long marathons spread across a month!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cartman1337 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote cartman1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2010 at 3:09am
True, but watching Oscar-winning movies all day long for a month can get torturous as well, keeping in mind most of them are dramas. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find many of the so-called "best drama" movies to be rather boring, especially if I'm not in the mood for them...

So maybe a combined Oscar/Razzie celebration at the networks wouldn't be a bad idea? After a couple of dead serious dramas, a light-hearted and silly Razzie "winner" would be a welcome break before going back to those deadly serious Oscar movies again.   : )  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I don't think there's enough alcohol in the entire world to dull the pain of having to sit through an entire month of Razzie-winning movies! Our kind of movies need to be watched in small doses -- not in all-day-long marathons spread across a month!  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2010 at 7:39am
Yes, well, that's just different strokes for different folks. What one person thinks is a quality movie, another person thinks is a boring one. The Oscars do favor dramas, in fact, I think "Annie Hall" was the last comedy to win Best Picture (you can correct me if I'm wrong, HeadRazz), and that was in 1977! 

But I do like your idea of a Oscar winner vs. Razzie winner marathon, as a cable channel shows what won Best Picture in 1980, followed by what won Worst Picture in 1980 and so on for the past 30 years!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
bbally View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2010 at 10:55am
I have to say, I don't buy Stallone being named Worst Actor Ever -- I mean, there are worse actors out there. Anybody remember Hulk Hogan? The Hulkster makes Sly look like Marlon Brando. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: OOPS! Interesting choice of who to compare Duh Sly-ster to -- Since Marlon Brando was himself a four-time RAZZIE nominee, and eventually "won" as Worst Supporting Actor for the wretched 1996 remake of ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU...  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2010 at 11:37am
We all have our picks for the Worst Actor Ever, but in terms of Razzie voters, they felt Stallone was the worst, time and time again. Maybe his acting would improve if he STOPPED MUMBLING ALL THE TIME!
bbally View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2010 at 12:45pm
Well, like I always say, the popular vote isn't always the right vote. 

Interesting sign-off, by the way, though a little too elitist for my taste Wink
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2010 at 9:14pm
Well, the popular vote might not be the right vote, but it's the vote that gets you the award. As for being elitist -- hey, at least I'm not saying "I'm BurnHollywoodBurn, and I'm better than you". Because then I would just be an ass! 
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 11:47am
Originally posted by bbally

Well, like I always say, the popular vote isn't always the right vote. 

It was in 2000, but we got stuck with that other moron for 8 years anywayCry
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
bbally View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 2:47pm
You also had guys like Hulk Hogan who's trying to be a movie star for over 10 years now, I mean after making garbage like 3 Ninjas: High Noon At Mega Mountain, he is far more deserving of the worst actor title than Stallone. Or what about Steven Segal, granted I still enjoy watching Above The Law, Hard Target and Undersiege but my goodness he can't act to save his life and don't get me started on Shaquille o' Neal.

At least Stallone actually had good performances like Rocky I-II, First Blood, Nighthawks, Escape To Victory, Paradise Alley and Cop Land. Now, don't think I'm one of the blind Sly fans because I hated Stop Or My Mum Will Shoot, I wasn't too crazy about Rhinestone either and I wished he never got within a meter of Get Carter (That remake is an insult to the UK classicAngry)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by bbally

You also had guys like Hulk Hogan who's trying to be a movie star for over 10 years now, I mean after making garbage like 3 Ninjas: High Noon At Mega Mountain, he is far more deserving of the worst actor title than Stallone. Or what about Steven Segal, granted I still enjoy watching Above The Law, Hard Target and Undersiege but my goodness he can't act to save his life and don't get me started on Shaquille o' Neal.

At least Stallone actually had good performances like Rocky I-II, First Blood, Nighthawks, Escape To Victory, Paradise Alley and Cop Land. Now, don't think I'm one of the blind Sly fans because I hated Stop Or My Mum Will Shoot, I wasn't too crazy about Rhinestone either and I wished he never got within a meter of Get Carter (That remake is an insult to the UK classicAngry)

In the end, out of Hogan, Segal, and Stallone, the Sly Guy has had the most success throughout the decades. And I think it's that success that made him a target of the Razzies every time he had a bad movie. It's a "oh, how the mighty have fallen" thing.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 4:24pm
So finally you admit that your opinion about Stallone isn't objective... It's because of his success! That is a good thing...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 5:17pm
Yes, but being successful and being talented are two different things, and Stallone is not both. 

Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

So finally you admit that your opinion about Stallone isn't objective... It's because of his success! That is a good thing...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>