Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of All-Time RAZZIE® Champs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of All-Time RAZZIE® Champs
    Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:12pm
Yes he's both... You guys are just blind! And honnestly it's pissing me off because I agree on almost everything with you and this is why I like Razzie Awards.. but I will never agree with your hating on Stallone!
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:26pm
What do you care if we hate on Stallone? If you're convinced he is so great, then it really shouldn't matter to you that he's a running joke here.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:33pm
Because it's still my idol, so it's just getting me mad, that's all!

And honnestly when you're bashing on crappy actors like Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Rob Schneider, Adam Sandler (I like his movies, but he's SO bad), BEN AFFLECK (what an AWFUL actor!!!!), I couldn't agree more with you!  

But when at the same time you're bashing on my idol, please understand me -- it's pissing me off!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:49pm
Well then, you might understand why we are shaking our heads trying to figure out why you're putting Christian Bale in the same league as Steven Seagal, when one of them has strong acting chops, has had three or four Oscar worthy performances, and the other can't even talk straight and sleepwalks through every movie. 

Plus, you have to understand, not everyone loves Stallone. But if you really think that highly of him, like I said before, what some people write about him on some message board shouldn't drive you so crazy.  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 7:23pm

Whatever you think about Stallone, I couldn't agree more on Seagal! But I hate Bale because, honestly, he cannot act! He always has the same expression on is face, and has done no great movies nor performances!  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 8:37pm
So clearly you haven't seen "American Psycho," "The Machinist" or "Public Enemies," because those are his best movies and performances. 

And frankly, Stallone's facial expressions don't change much either, so that seems like a weak excuse.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 11:22pm
I keep telling you people: Stallone is okay. He's by no means a very good actor, but he's nowhere near the worst ever. Do you think I'M overpraising Stallone?
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 10:19am
Who else think that Brian Levant and Dennis Dugan should be among the All Time Razzie Champions? The movies they direct aren't all bad, but they ruin them visually... 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 11:42am
Brian Le Vant has directed twice as many television shows as movies. Besides, The Razzies have only ever *tagged 4 of his movies: Both Flintstones films ('94, '00), Jingle All The Way ('96), and The Spy Next Door ('10).  

Dennis Dugan would be the much better choice, because he's directed about as many movies (13 by the end of 2011), but the RAZZIES have tagged 6 of them: Problem Child ('90), Big Daddy ('99), The Benchwarmers ('06), I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry ('07), You Don't Mess With the Zohan ('08), and Grown-Ups ('10). 

*Before you question me, I'm saying "tagged" to mean nominated for and/or winning at least 1 RAZZIE, and/or bing discussed on the RAZZIES Forum. 
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 1:08pm
I know that. I'm bummed since they haven't won. Even if they do win for this year, they will still be far from being All Time Champions.  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 3:07pm
Nah, Stallone's okay at best ... on a good day. He's best when he plays the lovable, buffed up goof, like in the first "Rocky" and "Antz."  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

I keep telling you people: Stallone is okay. He's by no means a very good actor, but he's nowhere near the worst ever. Do you think I'M overpraising Stallone?
ramonesun View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ramonesun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2010 at 12:33pm
I'm surprised Stallone has received the most Razzie nominations and awards. Stallone has made so many good films, and I'm suprised the second and fourth Rocky films were nominated for anything at all. You're telling me the voters didnt like the classic battle in Russia, with such lines as "I will break you!"? Many of the films that receive Razzies arent the worst films, just the worst best films...or films that just don't look so good compared to very good films, but don't suck when they stand alone.  

FILM CRITIC AT LARGE
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2010 at 1:34pm
Yes, Stallone has made ENTERTAINING movies, but they are far cries from being GOOD movies. Yes, I agree that I don't understand why he is singled out from the rest of the no-talent action movie bunch (Steven Seagal, any one?), but he's who Razzie voters go after.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2010 at 7:05pm
See corrections below... 

No further comment.Wink  

Originally posted by ramonesun

Im suprised (sic) he recieved (sic) the most nominations and awards. Stallone has made so many good films, and im suprised (sic) the second and fourth rocky were nominated for anything at all. Your telling me the voters didnt (sic) like the classic battle in Russia, with such lines as "I will break you!"? Many of the films that recive (sic) razzies arent (sic)the worst films, just the worst best films...or films that just don't look so good compared to very good films, but don't suck when they stand alone.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 8:48am
Why can't there be a "30 Daysof RAZZIES" preceding that Naked Gold Man fetish they throw out each year???
fifth View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote fifth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 7:49pm
Hey, it is interesting to go through all the nominations of that time when it all started. I found it very exciting to make a note of the winners and watch it to just judge how bad a movie can be. I am planning to see each one when I get time. 

I just  hope that such lists will be posted in the future also.  

hello
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>