Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of Career Achievement "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of Career Achievement "Winners"
    Posted: August 04 2006 at 6:22pm

TO CHECK OUT the LIST of RAZZIE® WORST CAREER ACHIEVEMENT "WINNERS," CLICK HERE

TO OFFER FEEDBACK on OUR CHOICES, FEEL FREE to POST YER THOUGHTS BELOW... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
WakeUpStupid View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote WakeUpStupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 6:53pm
This site is dumb.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 1:26pm
I don't get why Linda Blair won Worst Career Achievement because she's at nothing as pathetic as Uwe Boll and already won a Golden Globe... anyway you should have your reasons...
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 4:18pm
Linda Blair does seem like a questionable choice. You would think Madonna would be in her place instead.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 11:04pm
RE Linda Blair, two words: Roller Boogie. But let's look at the big picture. After starring in The Exorcist, Linda Blair's career hit the ground so hard it left a crater that could make the bigger pocks on the moon jealous. Take a look at her filmography and you'll see a self-parody. When a spot on The Love Boat is one of the highlights, you know she was scratching around for anything that came along.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 6:11am
Well, I'll agree with you that "The Exorcist" was the only thing that made her career, and Linda Blair has been self-parodying herself ever since, but you would think with someone with one bad performance after another, like Madonna or a Keanu Reeves, would be in her place.

Just saying...
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 7:23am
There is still time for Madonna or Keanu Reeves. Ms. Blair was awarded her career trophy back in 1986, when Madonna's career was still in its relative infancy, and Reeves was still playing with G.I. Joe. 
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 8:12am
Yeah, true.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 1:45pm
BurnHollywoodBurn, I noticed that you really don't seem to like Keanu Reeves! xD It's true he's somehow emotionless but I don't think that he's such a bad actor I don't hate him at all... But we all have our actors we hate so!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

BurnHollywoodBurn, I noticed that you really don't seem to like Keanu Reeves! xD It's true he's somehow emotionless but I don't think that he's such a bad actor I don't hate him at all... But we all have our actors we hate so!
Well, you like to complain about Bale and Bloom not having much facial expressions, but Reeves not only lacks any kind of facial expression, he also lacks any emotion in his voice, and lacks any ability to talk with an accent. In other words, they man cannot act at all!
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 8:41am
When I'm talking about expression I'm also talking about emotion... Just by the way!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 3:02pm

When I'm talking about expression I'm also talking about emotion... Just by the way!
Well then, it puzzles me that Keanu painfully lacks both, yet he is missing from your Worst List.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2010 at 8:02am
Any chance of Victor Mature getting a Career Razzie???  By his own admission: "I am no actor...and I have 66 films to prove it..."  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While he was one of the worst actors of his generation, and freely admitted so with a great sense of humor, Mature is all but forgotten by modern movie-goers, and is thus unlikely to even be recognized by our Voting Membership should we ever put his name in contention for Worst Career Achievement... 

FYI: Here's a LINK to the IMDb page for Victor Mature...  

Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2010 at 3:23pm
Stallone was in ROCKY,but that doesn't obscure everything else. 

I don't get why Linda Blair won Worst Career Achievement because she's at nothing as pathetic as Uwe Boll and already won a Golden Globe... anyway you should have your reasons...

Originally posted by Razzilla

Any chance of Victor Mature getting a Career Razzie???

No.He's dead. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
shaurya View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote shaurya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 11:44pm
Linda Blair belongs here first...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 3:20pm
If we really wanted to start digging back, the guy who is head and shoulders above all others for bad actors of the past would be Edgar Bergen. They guy made a great name for himself as a radio star along with his puppet/alter ego Charlie McCarthy (among others), but he got famous because almost no one could actually see him. Then along came WWII and many of the younger Hollywood stars went off to war, leaving an opening for Edgar and Charlie. When the poor guy actually got onscreen, it became hilariously obvious that he had no talent as a ventriliquist whatsoever. Not only did we see his lips moving without much effort to disquise the fact, the other actors onscreen actually seemed so painfully embarassed for him that you could see them mouthing Charlie's lines too. It is really a hoot to watch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>