Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on DRIVE ANGRY 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of DRIVE and BE ANGRY in 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of DRIVE and BE ANGRY in 3-D
    Posted: February 18 2011 at 11:01am
"So bad, it's good" still means it's bad. Many people thought "Showgirls" was "so bad, it's good", but that didn't stop it from sweeping the 1995 Razzies. 

Originally posted by Movie Man

I hate to break this negative posting streak, but this movie ACtUALLY might have a chance to be on the "so bad, it's to good" genre. We'll see what the reviews are when this rolls in.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2011 at 9:44pm
There are now 8 reviews at Rotten Tomatoes, 5 of them positive. We probably should've added a forum for Hall Pass instead.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 10:23am
Now, now, GTAHater, don't pull a MWG. Just because the first 8 reviews are positive, that doesn't mean the next 92 won't be negative.!  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

There are now 8 reviews at Rotten Tomatoes, 5 of them positive. We probably should've added a forum for Hall Pass instead.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 11:17am

I saw on Rotten Tomtoes.com that Drive Angry 3-D got 64% where as Hall Pass is around 25%

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 12:08pm
So I go to Drive Angry's RT page, and what do I read:

With his recent glut of increasingly low-rent cinematic forays...combined with the blatantly obvious fact that he's only making them to stave off bankruptcy, Nicolas Cage may have subjected himself to a whole new subgenre of filmmaking - Cagesploitation.

The greatest analysis yet of Cage's current career. I am probably going to use the term "Cagesploitation" more often.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2011 at 1:00pm
Yeah, as bad as "Drive Angry" looks, "Hall Pass" looks equally stupid, and its title is misleading too (sounds like a teen sex comedy).  

Originally posted by tomsmo35

I saw on Rotten Tomtoes.com that Drive Angry 3-D got 64% where as Hall Pass is around 25%
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 11:29am
Hehe, Cagesploitation! I like that!  

Originally posted by Vheid

So i went to Drive Angry's RT page, and what do i read:

With his recent glut of increasingly low-rent cinematic forays...combined with the blatantly obvious fact that he's only making them to stave off bankruptcy, Nicolas Cage may have subjected himself to a whole new subgenre of filmmaking - Cagesploitation.

The greatest analyses of Cage his current career. I am probably going to use the term "Cagesploitation" more often.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 12:19pm
Come on, RT reviews! Sink lower! Sink lower!!! Who keeps writing all these positive reviews?! :Frustrated:

If tomorrow there's no forum for Hall Pass, I'll add one myself. The Farrelly brothers have botched that one up!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 1:01pm
The concensus seems to be that this movie is just "average," and that it delivers the action it promises, but it feels more like a B-movie. 

However, the main reason this got a forum was to see if Nicolas Cage would get Razzie-nominated, and considering he has 2 more movies coming out this year, he still could be.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 1:02pm

Both Metacritic and R.T. gave it 50%,and Roger Ebert gave it 2 stars(20%).

Edit:I forgot Ebert uses the 4 stars system.So he also gave it 50%.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 2:56pm
The #s are low enough for being Razzie worthy, my opinion.  

Originally posted by Vits

Both Metacritic and R.T. gave it 50%,and Roger Ebert gave it 2 stars(20%).
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 2:56pm
Cage could be Razzie-nominated? More like he's a shoo-in!  

Originally posted by Vits

However,the main reason this got a forum was to see if Nicolas Cage would get nominated,and considering he has 2 more movies coming out,he could be.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 3:03pm
The reviews have dropped down to 49%, which isn't that bad (and considering Cage's "movies since I went bankrupt" record, an improvement).

Still, some of those reviews support the notion that this movie is camp material.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 3:23pm
Just to clarify: When did "camp" became "cult"?  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 5:42pm
Usually "camp" becomes "cult" about 5-20 years after a movie has been out on VHS/DVD, and people "discover" its awfulness. For example: "Troll 2."
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 7:15pm
But not in my opinion. We're guaranteed bigger fish to fry than one with middling reviews; I think this would waste a nomination if it weren't bundled with Season of the Witch for Nicolas Cage as Worst Actor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>