Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on DRIVE ANGRY 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of DRIVE and BE ANGRY in 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of DRIVE and BE ANGRY in 3-D
    Posted: February 25 2011 at 7:48pm
Fine, fine, Cage only then...  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

But not in my opinion. We're guaranteed bigger fish to fry than one with middling reviews; I think this would waste a nomination if it weren't bundled with Season of the Witchfor Nicolas Cage as Worst Actor.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 8:33am
I thought that "camp" was bad but "cult" is good. Is that true?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 12:14pm
Is it okay to name Nick Cage as "Least Bankable Star of 2011"? Season of the Witch was already a flop, and now, according to box office mojo, for Friday the 25th, Drive Angry came in at 9th place with just 1.6 million even with increased 3D revenue.  

Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 12:16pm
Drive Angry may have had 64% favorable,  but that was when it only had 15 reviews or so. Now it has many more reviews, and is below 50% at R.T.
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 12:28pm
No, Cage should not yet be named Least Bankable Star of 2011, because he's only been in 2 movies, and the year has just started... 
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 5:22pm
Actually, a "star" is considered "bankable" depending on how much money the said star's movies make in return, NOT how many movies they star in during any one year. There are character actors who appear in 5 to 10 movies in one year, but that doesn't make them :stars" or "bankable."  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Freakshowmonkey View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Freakshowmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 7:59am
You know, I looked at the "snarly/gnarly" pic on the main forum link and I thought "Gee...If you pan that picture down a little bit, I bet he's stuffing Steve Buscemi into a wood chipper."

Gaear Grimsrud, I'm telling ya!
"Self-Betrayal never works. I say nuts to sensitivity. Go ahead and fart. Go ahead." --Garrison Keillor
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 9:29am
"Camp" usually does mean "bad," but in a cheesy, humorous, so-bad-it's-good kind of way. "Cult" just means that a movie grew a fan base over time...or that one man's trash is another man's treasure.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 11:16am
BHB asked if Cage was The Least Bankable Star of 2011. We can't know that until the year is over. As for how "bankable" Cage is in general: 

Lifetime Gross Total(48):$2,127,550,496 
Average:$44,323,969 
Opening Gross Average(35):$14,609,674 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 11:44am
Exactly. Like last year, between "Shutter Island" and "Inception", Leonardo Decaprio was 2010's most bankable star. I highly doubt Cage's movies will gross enough to call him one of the 10 most bankable stars of 2011.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 7:00am
If Nicolas Cage wins next year's Worst Actor Razzie (if he's still fresh on voters' minds and been nominated), what do you think he'll do?

Do you think he will:

a) Do what Tom Green, Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock and various others have done before him and attend the ceremony to collect his Razzie in person (as well as bring along his Best Actor Oscar from 1995). 

or:

b) Do what everyone else nominated does and boycote the ceremony.
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 11:38am
Film Reel, I am asuming that he won't show up.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 1:15pm
If we only have those choices...Well,we all know his financial situation.He's clearly aware when he makes this movies that they won't be masterpieces.The same can be said about Berry,Bullock and Green.A lot of people make bad movies and still think they're good.But admitting you made a bad movie doesn't mean you'll accept the Razzie.Some people don't accept not because they don't think they deserve it,but because they don't take the Razzies seriously.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 9:32pm
I'm pretty sure Cage would show up at the awards show, if only so he could take the award and pawn it off or sell it on eBay, because he needs all the money he can get!
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2011 at 10:37am
I just saw this. It kind of entertained me, even though it was nothing more than an over-the-top ultra-violent exploitation flick...  

qiuyinffy View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote qiuyinffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 7:43pm
I do not think people really believe this kind of looting actually exists...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>