Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEDIA COVERAGE & DISCUSSION of Our 33rd Nomz!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of OUR MEMBERS' CHOICES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of OUR MEMBERS' CHOICES...
    Posted: January 09 2013 at 2:17pm
EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE 2012 MOVIE THEY HATED -- AND, WITH 727 TITLES to CHOOSE FROM, OBVIOUSLY, NOT ALL of 'EM MADE OUR LIST of NOMINEES and "WINNERS"! 

DID OUR MEMBERS OVERLOOK SOMETHING YOU LOATHED?

...DID WE DERIDE SOMETHING YOU ADORED??  

...OR DID WE JUST PISS YOU OFF BIG-TIME???

HIT the BABY BLUE "POST REPLY" BUTTON BELOW and SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS -- WE REALLY DO WANNA HEAR 'EM!
(DOESN'T MEAN WE'LL DO ANYTHING ABOUT 'EM, BUT WE DO WANNA HEAR 'EM!)...

OH, and HERE's the LINK to SEE JUST SOME of the INTERNATIONAL COVERAGE OUR SILLINESS RECEIVED...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 2:52pm
This time, I really like most of the choices. Very glad Chris Hemsworth did not get nominated for Worst Actor, and SUPER happy that John Carter got no nominations. Gotta say though, the wild card for me was Jessica Biel -- not to say she didn't suck, but she also did not stand out to me so much.  

I should also mention that most of the media are talking about how Twilight is leading the Razzie pack, which  may indicate that it will win Worst Picture. Personally, I thought the Worst Picture was STILL, and ALWAYS WILL BE, Battleship! The only way to truly make this work is if BOTH Twilight and Battleship jointly "win" Worst Picture, but that's a very rare occasion.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 4:03pm
I breathed a sigh of relief that John Carter dodged the RAZZIE nominations. But it's still one of the Bottom 40 Films of 2012 (at a very shallow #39. #1 on the Bottom 40 is the flat-out worst film of the year) on a matter of principle: A box office bomb so bad it borders on domestic terrorism. More like a box office star explosion if it really lost as much money as they say (Wasn't its budget 1/4 Gigadollar?)

For Worst Picture, I think I voted for The Devil Inside, One For the Money, A Thousand Words, Battleship, and That's My Boy. I was surprised The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure made the final cut for Worst Picture (How did that happen?).

I can just imagine the mediocre average-fest The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 sweeping the nominations, but I have an excuse to name it the worst film of 2012 on principle. All that hype, all that fangirl craze, but no staying power!

But if three films didn't get RAZZED when they should have, they were The Devil Inside, Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, and The Apparition.

The most pleasant surprises to me were that One For the Money and Resident Evil: Retribution are finalists!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 5:33pm
I get that some people want BREAKING DAWN PART 2 to win, but if it does, it won't actually mean that the whole saga was awarded. I've heard the comparisons to LORD OF THE RINGS with the Oscars, but the difference is that those were all considered to be equally good movies.  

If it really has to win, please don't let it pull a JACK & JILL by winning in every category. That has to be reserved for truly awful movies (not franchises) or we will lose credibility.

Last year 2 years ago, when we were discussing THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE PART 2, somebody suggested a Worst Franchise Award. I said it wasn't a good idea because you never know when they're gonna end. But I forgot that there are many franchises where it's established from the start how many installments they're gonna be. So... is too late to create a category for that to award the TWILIGHT saga without awarding BD#2 as Worst Picture?*

*I do think it deserves some categories.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2013 at 7:03pm
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
BlackRose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BlackRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2013 at 2:43pm
As a high school-aged female (I'm 17) I feel compelled to express embarrassment for all my fellow teens who actually are "Twi-Hards," and who are sulking before their "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" bedroom-wall-posters in response to this year's Razzie nominations. As far as I'm concerned, TWILIGHT movies (and the idiotic novels on which they're based) have always been CRAP, and BREAKING DAWN 2, as the final film in the franchise, represents one last opportunity for Razzie voters to royally rip one of the worst movie series of all time.  I say...GO FOR IT!!!  
krisstewart View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote krisstewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2013 at 2:52pm
As someone who's proud to be a "Twi-Hard," I gotta say, Black Rose is full of sh*t! Seems like every year you Razzie people, who don't really know what the f**k you're talking about, come back once again to pick on my favorite film series -- one that has delighted fans all over the world, and generated a grand total of more than $3 BILLION in ticket sales! 

If the Twilight movies suck so bad, how come so many movie-goers love them??  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just because a certain fan base has little or no perspective on something about which they're obsessed doesn't make that something a worthy work of art. While I grudgingly admire the avid way in which TWILIGHT fans defend their (rather silly) obsession, those of us who are immune to the series' charms are not necessarily "full of sh*t." We just haven't chosen to drink the blood-flavored Kool-Aid...  

Kenjifujima View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kenjifujima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2013 at 3:04pm
The "Twilight" movies are also huge here in Japan, where they are usually released dubbed with other actors' voices speaking the dialogue (in Japanese). I feel compelled to say -- Even speaking in other actors' voices, the cast of these films are terrible actors! Their facial expressions alone are hilarious! I can only imagine how ridiculous they must be in English. 

I am obviously no fan of these films (I've been dragged to almost every one of them by my girlfriend, who also read the novels in the original English) and am personally happy to see them pile up Razzie nominations year after year. To me, they represent Hollywood movie-making at its laziest and most fan-pandering... 

BlackRose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BlackRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2013 at 3:15pm
KrisStewart (whose Forum name kinda gives away that she's a fan of TWILIGHT) typifies the reason I try so hard to avoid people who love these ludicrous movies --15 words into her post, she's already resorted to foul language and insults! When you can't win an argument on logic, resort to being rude! 

Also -- thanks Kenjifujima for giving me such a big laugh -- Imagining the actors from TWILIGHT dubbed had me rolling on the floor! LOL
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2013 at 8:59pm
My post above was somewhat lengthier, but due to an evident transmission malfunction, it appeared in an almost unreadable form. I offer apologies and thanks to Head Razz for preserving the more important piece of it. Now...on to matters at hand.

For the past several years on this board, I have found myself in the very uncomfortable position of offering lukewarm defense of a series of films, namely the Twilight series. Understand that I have not defended them because I like them: Quite the contrary, I think they are basically harmless trash. I do think they have actually served something of a positive purpose: They have inspired a demographic that doesn't read much and hasn't had much attention from Hollywood to go to the movies and buy a few books. You can't introduce people to great literature or great movies unless you can get them to crack a book or get them into the theater at some point. For that reason, I think the Twilight series has some virtue. It is also my opinion that we, here at the Razzies, have a number of more worthy targets.

Unfortunately, the very worst aspect of any sort of defense of these films is that it places me squarely on the side of the most irritating, annoying fan base on the planet. I will mince no words here: You Twilight fans are a royal pain in the ass. Every time one of your beloved films earns a nomination here, you show up in legion numbers and offer us detailed summations of our ancestry. Your glaring grammatical deficiencies, vulgar ad hominem attacks and generally rude demeanor are exactly the reason so many of the members here take such joy in baiting you with these nominations. Bottomline: If you enjoy these films, knock yourselves out. But don't get worked up because others don't share your enthusiasm. I am reasonably confident that this year's nominee will perform about the same as previous editions once the votes are counted: Lots of nominations and no significant "wins." So take a chill pill, go home and play a little Mystery Date and if you really feel compelled to show up here and shrilly voice your opinions, at least make them intelligible and if at all possible, somewhat intelligent. Your insults and personal attacks will accomplish nothing. Most of us here have very nice lives, thank you, and we wish the same for you when you grow up. And find what consolation you can in that your treasured movie will once again sweep the MTV Awards, driving Miguel into a state of apoplexy.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2013 at 10:02pm
I'm sorry, but beefcake werewolves and sparkling vampires suck.  And then there's those awful werewolf transformations.  Ugh. . . .

Now, whether the Razzies do to Twilight what the Oscars did to Lord of the Rings - dump all the awards on the last movie - remains to be seen.  We do have an Adam Sandler movie that's worse than Jack & Jill, after all, as mind-boggling as that may be.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2013 at 10:07pm
Not to mention an Eddie Murphy movie that was so bad that 1000 words proved to be 1001 too many. Even Battleshi* has to get serious consideration....Frankly, I think a lot of far more deserving films were passed by in the spirit of getting a series of films that needs to be allowed to slip into the obscurity for which they are destined as soon as possible.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 4:47am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

My post above was somewhat lengthier, but due to an evident transmission malfunction, it appeared in an almost unreadable form.
Yeah, and I had a reply to that post, but when that part disappeared, I had no need for that post anymore, so I had to delete it.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 7:03am
Several worthy candidates have been overlooked. However the nominees this year deserve condemnation. Thank the movie industry for us being spoiled for choice. 

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part II is worthy of winning for Worst Picture. The same can also be said of That's My Boy

Worst Actor: Robert Pattinson is his usual wooden self in Breaking Dawn- Part II making himself worthy of condemnation. Adam Sandler also deserves condemnation for That's My Boy.

Worst Actress: Kristen Stewart (Breaking Dawn- Part II) and Katherine Heigl (One For the Money) should be the front-runners. 

Worst Supporting Actor: Taylor Lautner's "acting" in Breaking Dawn- Part II is most worthy of the award. 

Worst Supporting Actress: It's a tough call for this category. 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part II deserves to win. 

Worst Director: Sean Anders for That's My Boy. His directing "effort" contributed to the movie's dreadfulness. 

Worst Screenplay: David Caspe for That's My Boy. This "comedy" is poorly written to the point the movie's 'gags' are capable of inducing puke. 

Worst Screen Couple: Mackenzie Foy and Taylor Lautner for Breaking Dawn- Part II. This pairing is creepy. A little girl is "soulmates" with an adult. 

Worst Screen Ensemble: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part II and That's My Boy. Both casts contributed greatly to the awfulness of their respective movies. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 8:22am
Not having Kate Hudson in the Worst Actress category is beyond inexcusable! Angry 

Even moreso than Affleck/Bigelow not being nominated for Best Director -- No wonder a lot of the Razzie articles that I have seen think your awards have become an irrelevant joke! Clown  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Your lobbying on behalf of Hudson did have a positive effect -- But in the end, since almost no one actually saw A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN, she wound up out of the top five in nominations voting for Worst Actress. As we do not have write-ins on our Final Ballot, however much it may displease you, at this point you kinda gotta accept the results... 

FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2013 at 4:25pm
I am curious -- How many times has Liam Neeson made the Razzie ballot?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry:  Despite his having appeared in STAR WARS: EPISODE ONE -- THE PHANTOM MENACE and THE HAUNTING (both of which were Worst Picture nominees) Neeson's current dual Worst Supporting Actor nod for BATTLESHIP and WRATH OF THE TITANS is his berry first RAZZIE nomination. He was also listed for Worst Actor on our 2012 Nominating Ballot for TAKEN, TOO, but did not make the final five...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>