Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR
    Posted: December 13 2011 at 8:43am
Another reason why Rourke should be considered: he's an Oscar-nominated actor. I could kind of understand Megan Fox being in this since her career's pretty much dead and she needs money, but Rourke still has a career. He was in two movies that crossed the $100 million mark last year.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 2:20pm
I don't think Megan Fox is hard up for cash. I don't want to estimate how many millions she got paid for Trannies before Bay fired her. But her career died with her character. 

But having read through, people keep saying the same ones, so I think we're in agreement:

1. Taylor Whats-his-fang and Pattinson (these repeat offenders should share a nod to make room for others)
2. Pettyfer
3. Sandler

will be among the worst actor nominees. I don't want people to lose sight of how dreadful Hangover II was. Please consider Worst Actor: All Three Wolfpack members of Hangover II. 
Last year all 4 gal pals of Sex and the city won worst actress, so this is definitely a possibility. 
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 2:54pm
And after that, all hell broke loose. Isn't one of them worse for you? 

Originally posted by billingsley

Please consider Worst Actor: All Three Wolfpack members of Hangover II. 
Last year all 4 gal pals of Sex and the city won worst actress, so this is definitely a possibility.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 3:22pm
Here are my suggestions:

Russell Brand, Arthur & Hop
Nicolas Cage, Drive Angry, Season of the Witch & Trespass
Jonah Hill, The Sitter
Kevin James, The Dilemma & The Zookeeper
Shia LaBeouf, Transformers III
Taylor Lautner, Abduction & Breaking Dawn
Robert Pattinson, Breaking Dawn
Alex Pettyfer, Beastly & I Am Number Four
Adam Sandler, Jack and Jill & Just Go With It
Nick Swardson, Bucky Larson

My Picks... so far:
Worst Picture BUCKY LARSON
Worst Actor Shia LaBeouf
Worst Actress Martin Lawrence
Worst Sup Actor John Turturro
Worst Sup Actress Vanessa Hudgens
Worst Director Michael Bay
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 11:02pm
Yeah, but they were all so terrible and there are only 5 Worst Actor spots. We need to leave room for the Vampire and the Wolf, Tyler Perry, Nick Swardson, Nick Cage, Kevin James, Adam Sandler, Alex Pettyfer.

There are too many contenders!

P.S. What do you mean all hell broke loose?   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For purposes of this discussion, Forum posters can list as many suggestions as they wish, but for our Nominating Ballot (due out around New Year's) we plan to list 12-15 choices in each category, with room for write-ins as well. For the Final Ballot, there can only be FIVE nominees in each category -- so odds are that someone (or several someones) will get away without a well-deserved RAZZing... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 6:50am
These forum discussions are for "suggestions," which means you can name more than 5 actors. Of course then if you become a voter, you eventually have to choose just 5. I know, I know. It sucks. But that's the price that comes with an award show: somebody will get away unharmed.

Originally posted by billingsley

What do you mean all hell broke loose?

Maybe I exagerrated with that expression, but there was a lot of negative feedback at the fact that, after a long time of suggestions, HeadRAZZ finally created the Worst Ensemble category. Yet, he gave a combined nomination to the 4 SEX & THE CITY actresses, making the category pointless. So please, try not to do the same with THE WOLF PACK.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Exactly how did giving our 2010 Worst Actress RAZZIE® to the four SEX & THE CITY gals make our Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble category "pointless"??  The Worst Ensemble award went to the ENTIRE CAST of SATC #2 -- and the award was later accepted by one of the film's co-stars, David Eigenberg, in a hilarious video available for viewing on our YouTube channel (LINK)...  

Guest View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 11:14am
Why do you douche bags always have to nominate Robert Pattinson? He is a great actor!
Mbh, which one line or one scene did you like in his performance?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: If you'll look over the previous posts in this Forum, you'll see that Pattinson is being considered this year only for TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PART 1, and not for WATER FOR ELEPHANTS. If we were merely targeting him, we'd list everything in which he appeared. Also, I would like to point out that we are hardly alone in thinking Pattinson's performances are ridiculous in the TWILIGHT films -- not as ridiculous as Taylor Lautner's, but still...

Also, if you're going to go around labeling others as "douche bags," you might wanna back up your snark by identifying who you actually are, rather than "hiding behind Mommy's skirt" by posting merely as an anonymous "Guest." 

Whatever else you may say about the RAZZIES®, at least we own our opinions -- unlike your cowardly self...

P.S. I think you meant to address your question regarding "which one line or one scene did you like in his performance" to MR -- If you actually read any of this discussion, you'd know that Mbh is clearly not one of your fellow Twi-Hards..

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 12:15pm
Seriously? You wanna discuss it again? And now? Alright. The whole point of having that new category was so there could be a way to award as many people as possible, and at the same time, to award individually those who deserve it. It's pointless to have 2 awards that basically do the same thing, which is kind of how I felt with the 2003 Worst Excuse For A Movie category. The difference is that this time most people agreed with me. And what does Eigenberg accepting the award have to do with it? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yo, Vits -- Why the angry tone? My point, which you almost seem determined not to grasp, is that the Worst Actress award for 2010 went to just the four lead actresses in SEX & THE CITY #2, while the Worst Ensemble award went to the ENTIRE CAST of SATC #2 which numbered at least a dozen people -- Therefor, the two results were not, as you keep insisting, redundant. 

As for what Eigenberg accepting the Ensemble award "has to do with it," the fact that he was one of those "awarded" the Worst Ensemble RAZZIE® (and was permitted to accept it on behalf of the entire cast) should clarify that the two dis-honors were not duplications of one another: Eigenberg was not accepting instead of any of the four actresses, but rather on his own behalf as one of the dozen or more main characters in the film who jointly "won" the Ensemble RAZZIE®.  

I am unclear why you are having so much trouble understanding my point... 

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 2:30pm

SPOILERS!

Hello Guest, I did like how Pattinson delivered the line "Do you honestly think I could love it, or even tolerate it?" That sounded cold and distant. I also liked the scene where he has to leave the corps to go and fight, he's not even saying anything, but his body language alone told me that the character was about to go mental. I understood that even without having read the book. These two points tell me he has potential and keeps me from actually voting for him as "Worst Actor".

I'm also willing to answer your other question: As a grown man I don't have any motherly feelings towards his persona, and I couldn't care less about his looks, so has to impress me with his acting skills. So far, he hasn't really done that, and if he stopped acting today I would not miss him as an actor. To be more specific, I don't like his overacting. An example of that was the infamous boardroom scene in Remember Me. Less so in Water for Elephants, but it still shows every now and then. In Breaking Dawn the character is very wooden, but even there Patts acting doesn't come across as natural. It looks untrained. Remember, his sex appeal doesn't apply to me, so it's hard for me to watch, just like Pettyfer and Fernandez look fake to me.

I like period dramas, but I've learned that Bel Ami was shot befor Water for Elephants, so I guess Patts acting will be somewhere inbetween what he showed us in Remember Me and Water for Elephants. Unless that director gives the movie a theatrical edge, and made Patts use his theatrical roots. I do have high hopes for Cosmopolis, but since Patts is going the learning-by-doing route I'm prepared to be disappointed. I've trusted Cronenberg for years, but he once cast Jude Law, which I didn't like, so we have to wait and see.
Patts comes across as a friendly bloke, and I think I am fair in my view of him. But in my eyes he is one of the weakest actors.

I hope that clearly answered all your questions. 

...And I am not a douche bag. 

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 2:36pm
I don't have a problem with having several main actors nominated together, as long as they are on the same level. If one is worse than the others (or better) it is unfair. As for the women of SATC, I thought all four of them were all equally bad, so that's fine with me.
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 4:14pm
 Amen to THAT, Vits (me, I would've nominated only SJP in the Worst Actress category & put Cattrall in Supporting instead of Alba or Streisand)! Though what I find really perplexing is how Worst Ensemble & Couple are crammed into one category (as are Worst Remake/Sequel), and how a certain non-acting ex-politician (that I won't name due to being beyond tired of hearing about her) appearing in a documentary with very limited release (opened in 14 theatres total, most of them NOT in major cities/markets) is considered "worse" than real (bad) actresses like Vanessa Hudgens, Emily Browning, Julia Roberts (Larry Crowne), and most certainly Kate Hudson!  

Originally posted by Vits

The whole point of having that new category was so there could be a way to award as many people as possible, and at the same time, to award individually those who deserve it. It's pointless to have 2 awards that basically do the same thing, which is kind of how I felt with the 2003 Worst Excuse For A Movie category. The difference is that this time most people agreed with me. And what does Eigenberg accepting the award have to do with it?

FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Kevin Costner (X2), Adung Sandler, Seth MacFartlane, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, and YES Shaliane Wooden!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 4:41pm

I'm not angry, I'm confused. You seem to have forgotten all the negative feedback months ago.

Instead of debating about it, why don't you look around the forums where we talked about this (like the 2010 Worst Actress forum/poll) and see if you can find anyone who disagreed with me... 

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Yo, Vits -- Why the angry tone? My point, which you almost seem determined not to grasp, is that the Worst Actress award for 2010 went to just the four lead actresses in SEX & THE CITY #2, while the Worst Ensemble award went to the ENTIRE CAST of SATC #2 which numbered at least a dozen people -- Therefor, the two results were not, as you keep insisting, redundant. 

As for what Eigenberg accepting the Ensemble award "has to do with it," the fact that he was one of those "awarded" the Worst Ensemble RAZZIE® (and was permitted to accept it on behalf of the entire cast) should clarify that the two dis-honors were not duplications of one another: Eigenberg was not accepting instead of any of the four actresses, but rather on his own behalf as one of the dozen or more main characters in the film who jointly "won" the Ensemble RAZZIE®.  

I am unclear why you are having so much trouble understanding my point...

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 5:40pm
My point/complaint is that Worst Actress could've been better used for something else. The 4 gal pals and the 8 other cast members could've best been encapsulated by winning only Worst Ensemble Cast for all 12 of them, and that should've been the end of the RAZZing for Sex & the City 2. It would've been a fairly big step in the right direction had Worst Actress of 2010 been given to Jonah Hex for Megan Fox instead.

As for Worst Actor, why do so many people want to give Robert Pattinson a nomination too? He was the lesser of two evils compared to Taylor Lautner in Breaking Dawn Part I (not a good performance, just not as bad as Lautner), AND Robert Pattinson doesn't have anything else worth awarding (Pattinson has no answer to Lautner's Abduction).
Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 5:57pm
My final 5 picks are:

Nicolas Cage - Drive Angry / Season of the Witch / Trespass
Taylor Lautner - Abduction / The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
Robert Pattinson - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
Adam Sandler - Jack & Jill (as Jack) / Just Go With It
Nick Swardson - Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 10:07pm
I just got the Green Lanturd from Netflix.

I have to add this to my worst everything list:

FYC:

Worst Actor - Ryan Reynolds
Worst Supporting Actress - Blake Lively
Worst Director, Screenplay, Remake.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 11:46am
Spoiler

Did nobody else mind Shiloh Fernandez opposite to Amanda Seyfried in RRH? He was absolutely awful. When the character was supposed to feel devastated because of her arranged marriage, he came across as totally fake, almost as if Fernandez as a person was unfamiliar with the feeling of truely being sad, so he overplayed. If an actor is not capable of getting those emotions across, there is not much point in being an actor.
However, if I am the only one who thought he was worse than Seyfried there also isn't much point in nominating him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>