Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR
    Posted: December 15 2011 at 12:40pm
He's considered a supporting actor. And from what I've read, he should at least make it onto the Forum poll.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sorry to disappoint you, but we will not be having Forum polls for either Worst Supporting category this year. If enough Forum members request it, we may have a combined Discussion/Suggestion page for the two supporting categories, as well as one or two others.

Our polls for Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel (LINK) and Worst Director (LINK) are already being voted on. The Worst Actress poll is also up (LINK) and will be promoted on our Main page tomorrow (Friday, Dec. 16). Next week we will have the Poll up for this category (Worst Actor) and the week of December 30, our Worst Picture poll will be promoted. 

To find out the preliminary choices in all other categories, you'll have to wait 'till Nominating Ballots are mailed out, the week after New Year's...  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 1:54pm
That's right. My bad. I kept thinking of nominating Billy Burke and Gary Oldman as WSA for RRH, and mistankenly put Fernandez up for WA since he had significantly more screen time.
But put those three together, and add Seyfried, and voilŕ, we have a WE contender.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 2:57pm
I support the Supporting discussion/forum. Yeah, it can be one for both categories. As for another poll... I think only Worst Picture is needed. The nominees for Worst Screenplay will most likely be the same ones as Picture and/or Remake/Sequel. The same as Worst Mis-Use Of 3D, except just the ones in 3D. Couple/Ensemble... maybe. And at this point I doubt there will be new categories... right?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Your assumptions are mostly correct, except that we are likely to drop the specific 3-D category as there were nowhere near as many films released in that format in 2011 as there were in 2010, and the concept seems stale and out-dated at this point...

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 9:02pm
I for one want to vote Worst Picture and Worst Screenplay differently, but it's fine to have only a WP thread as long as there is a possibility to explain the reasons within that thread.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just want to be clear here -- We are talking about Forum discussions, and not the actual nominating process. On our Nominating Ballot, Worst Picture will, of course, be voted separately from Worst Screenplay...  

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 12:30pm
Yes, I know. I just want to have the chance to explain the reasons why I think a screenplay was exeptionally bad or didn't work, and I would like it to get razzed, even if the film overall wasn't that bad. Since it will likely be a similar list of nominees in both categories, I wanted to point out some differences.
Jollyswagman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jollyswagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2011 at 10:04pm
Taylor Lautner owns this award.   The reviews for Abduction qualify him for a LIfetime Razzie. "calling him wooden is an insult to lumber", etc.

I'm pretty shocked Abduction isn't even on the worst list.   What's up with that?
Jollyswagman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jollyswagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2011 at 10:12pm
mbh, Thanks for bringing up Shiloh Fernandez. Worse than his performance (that's saying something) was his swaggering in the promo cycle like he's the new It Boy.   (Alex Pettyfer did that, too.)

I'm more inclined to think Razzies are deserved not just for a bad performance but one that's promoted with his kind of entitlement.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2011 at 12:21am
Hello Jollyswagman!
To be honest, I don't really care about an actors behaviour or personality. They can be friendly or cocky all they want. As long as he's not known to be a cokehead, I mostly pay attention to how an actor delivers his performance.

About Lautner: yes, Abduction should be up there. I just rewatched a few parts of New Moon since someone here said he wasn't as bothered by Lautner back then. The funny thing is, both Lautner and Pattinson have lost their natural ease in Breaking Dawn. Now you can see how they put effort into their acting. I liked it better when they were untrained but without pressure.

Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2011 at 9:39am
Does anyone know when the poll for Worst Actor is going to be posted?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It is being worked on right now, and is planned to be up and being voted-on by Friday, December 23...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2011 at 9:51am
ABDUCTION was a "vehicle," meaning that Lautner was the film's focus.

Originally posted by Jollyswagman

I'm pretty shocked Abduction isn't even on the worst list.   What's up with that?

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2011 at 11:29am
Vits, I replied.
But I had connection problems, it sent the same message a few times.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2011 at 9:18am
BREAKING NEWS from Head RAZZberry: Per many a Forum Member's request, we have just added a DISCUSSION (but not a poll) regarding Worst Supporting Actor & Worst Supporting Actress choices for 2011. 

Here's the LINK to offer your input...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 10:02am
Worst Actor poll is now up.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 10:27am
I am kind of disapointed with the poll...

A couple of snubs here, most noticebly of them Alex Pettyfer for his non-acting role as pretty boy in a string of tween-romance movies this year...

I personally would have wouldn't have included Seth Rogan in The Green Hornet... A reasonably reviewed movie that wasn't very noteworthy and was released so long ago that most people have forgotten it... I kind of find this a waste of ballot space....

I also wouldn't have included Daniel Craig because I don't think that he did anything worthy of being Razzed this year, but that's just me....

Isn't Kevin James a supporting actor in The Dilemma?

It seems that Hop is now entirely out of the race (which I understand because you can't judge Russel Brand for voicework)....

Well there's nothing I can do now... I guess I'll just have to pick my five between these actors....  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: In response to your various "disappointments": While Pettyfer may indeed have sucked in both BEASTLY and I AM NUMBER FOUR, neither of those film generated much discussion here on our Forum, nor were they widely enough seen by movie-goers to merit inclusion over those listed. 

Craig starred in 2 of 2011's biggest box office duds, and can certainly be called an actor who "should have known better" (one of the standards for being considered). 

And, as I have said elsewhere on this Forum, we do not determine whether to place an actor in leading or supporting based merely on their screen time, but on their billing in ads as well. Kevin James' name and face were as prominently featured in promotions for THE DILEMMA as were Vince Vaughn's (LINK for DILEMMA poster) thus he is listed here for both ZOOKEEPER and DILEMMA. 

As for Rogen, he was not only entirely wrong for the role, but he compounded the error when he forced the film-makers to adjust an established comic book character to fit Rogen's established screen personna -- a crime the "real" Green Hornet would have wished to avenge.  

And, as I seem to have to mention annually around this time, the list being voted on in our poll is not necessarily the same as what will appear on our Nominating Ballots. And, as alwaze, anyone who wishes to "write-in" other choices for nominations may do so...  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 11:09am
UP-DATE from Head RAZZberry: Our Forum Poll for Worst Actor is now up and available for voting -- Here's the LINK...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 11:34am
I agree Pettyfer should have been up there. I don't know about Hopkins though. While the movie was crap and Hopkins showed some more Lector mannerisms, his performance was "same old/same old," but there were way worse ones this year...   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Hopkins is usually a classy actor, certainly well deserving of his Oscar for SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. But ever since then (and it's been about 20 years now) he's largely been reprising the "Hannibalistic" tics and mannerisms you mentioned, and merely "resting on his laurels." As far as I am concerned, THE RITE is only the most egregious example to date of his laziness (and his avarice) and the man is long overdue for attention from us. And the notion of an Oscar winner as a deserving RAZZIE® contender strikes me as way more interesting than the idea of listing Pettyfer, yet another "no talent pretty boy" in a list that already has many of them included...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>