Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS for WORST ACTOR
    Posted: December 12 2011 at 12:46pm
Here are my suggestions for Worst Actor:  

Paul Bettany in 'Priest' 
Russell Brand in 'Arthur' and 'Hop' 
Nicolas Cage in 'Drive Angry', 'Season of the Witch', and 'Trespass' 
Daniel Craig in 'Cowboys & Aliens' and 'Dream House' 
Kevin James in 'The Dilemma' and 'Zookeeper' 
Taylor Lautner in 'Abduction' and 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1' 
Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler, and Jesse McCartney in 'Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-wrecked' 
Robert Pattinson in 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1' 
Alex Pettyfer in 'Beastly' and 'I Am Number Four' 
Ryan Reynolds in 'The Change-Up' and 'Green Lantern' 
Adam Sandler in 'Jack and Jill', 'Just Go With It', and 'Zookeeper' 
Nick Swardson in 'Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star' 
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 12:46pm
MBH: Firstly, why are you calling me "Lady"? The disrespect toward women on this board is quite noticeable.

Secondly, I was not trying to convince you of anything regarding Pattinson's movies. I was merely providing ACTUAL box office figures and FACTS, right from Box Office Mojo. And based on actual box office totals and budgets, they were profitable. And they were DRAMAS, which is a genre of movie that does not do blockbuster numbers. Even Johnny Depp's recent drama The Rum Diary only made 13 million domestically while it had a much higher budget of 45 million.

Breaking Dawn has already made 634 million worldwide in only 24 days and is expected to make around 700 million which would be better than Eclipse and the same as New Moon. It's already made 260 million domestically in 24 days, not 228 million. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I went in and "edited" the original posting by mbh to which MR is responding above, "cleaning up" some of the language which I, too, considered disrespectful -- For purposes of clarity, the "original" version is reproduced below...

Originally posted by mbh

Lady, I know you are a spokesperson for RPatts, but don't try to
convince me that his movies are box office hits. When Remember Me came
out, he was on his peak of fame, it was expected to be his chance of
showing to the world that he can open a movie. Instead, it made only 19
Mio $ in America and was critically panned, and got him a Razzie
nomination for worst actor. Nobody apart from his fans calls that a
success.

I have commented before that I liked Water for Elephants and don't see
the need for a nomination. But the movie did only decent numbers, and
that with the help of two Oscar winners in leading roles, while his
acting still hasn't convinced the critics.

Lastly, Breaking Dawn is trailing New Moon by eight Mio Dollars, and
even more with Eclipse. Internationally we will have to wait and see,
but Summit is expecting to make 228 Mio, that means they expect it to
end up at 650 Mio.

I haven't written RPatts off, but in Breaking Dawn he delivered only one
line and one scene that I liked. That is 100% more of what I liked
about Adam Sandler and 0,1% of what I like when I watch a Geoffrey Rush.

He deserves a spot up there if you like it or not.

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 1:31pm
"On this board?" Where? So far as I know, you can only say that about me, and nobody else. 

Of course I was referring to Summit's statement: "Summit anticipated that the first film in the two-part finale to the “Twilight Saga” would bring in $611 million in first-cycle revenue and $228 million in profits."

So, you are saying dramas can't make good money? Then I guess you haven't seen "The Blind Side" or "The Help"??  

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 1:34pm
My Worst Actor list:  

Russell Brand in Arthur and Hop  
Nicolas Cage in 'Drive Angry', 'Season of the Witch', and 'Trespass'  
Taylor Lautner in 'Abduction' and 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1'  
Robert Pattinson in 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1'  
Alex Pettyfer in 'Beastly' and 'I Am Number Four'  
Seth Rogen in the Green Hornet (no offense he was playing Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet) 
Adam Sandler in 'Jack and Jill', 'Just Go With It', and 'Zookeeper'  
Nick Swardson in 'Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star'  

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 1:38pm
MBH: Summit's statement was made long before the movie was released. The movie's 634 million has already surpassed the 611 million estimate, and that's after only 24 days.  And what does an old studio estimate have to do with how the movie is actually doing?  

I didn't say dramas could not make lots of money, but you chose the two biggest exceptions of the past three years, ignoring that most other dramas lost money. I have seen The Help and The Blind Side. And I guess you didn't see Johnny Depp's "The Rum Diary" or Leonardo Di Caprio's "J Edgar"....LOL  

Originally posted by mbh

"On this board?" Where? So far, you should only say that about me and nobody else.
Of course I was referring to Summit's statement: "Summit anticipated that the first film in the two-part finale to the 
“Twilight Saga” would bring in $611 million in first-cycle revenue and 
$228 million in profits." 
So, you are saying dramas can't make good money. I guess you haven't seen "The blind side" or "The Help" then. 

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 2:18pm
Dear MR: "LOL"??? What is so funny about that?
I did see them. But that doesn't make Remember Me a hit, or critics like Patts acting, as much as you want it.
I'm having a Déjà vu here. I had a simular conversation last year with 27years. But she at least came up with a few good points why not to vote for Twilight/Pattinson. Nobody here is impressed by the numbers his movies made.
And it doesn't matter if that statement is old, it is trailing New Moon, and its numbers don't make Breaking Dawn a good movie anyways.
As I said, I have goodwill for the guy and I'm interested in his period drama. But looking at Patts future projects shows me he isn't doing anything. I hope he is at least taking some acting lessons, to show that he takes his craft serious, while he is sitting on his butt, waiting for good directors to take a chance with him.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 2:53pm
GTA, your point about not "awarding" good and average movies is valid. However: 

1)If you prefer the 1-10 rating system, 5 is average, so 6 is average to good and 4 is average to bad. 

2)If you prefer the 5 stars system, 30-49% = 2 stars.
So no matter how you put it, it's not that big deal to nominate movies with 40 something %, especially if it's not for Worst Picture.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 3:03pm
MBH: I was not trying to change your opinion about his acting. You made a statement about the box office and I provided some numbers from Box Office Mojo. That's all. You are reading more into it than that.

As for your comment that he is sitting on his butt waiting for good directors to take a chance with him: Well, Pattinson just finished filming a starring role in David Cronenberg's Cosmopolis. Cronenberg is a pretty good director, don't you think? 

I am glad that you have goodwill for the guy. You seem okay. 

Originally posted by mbh

Dear MR: "LOL"??? What is so funny about that?

I did see them. But that doesn't make Remember Me a hit, or critics like Patts acting, as much as you want it.

I'm having a Déjà vu here. I had a simular conversation last year with
27years. But she at least came up with a few good points why not to vote
for Twilight/Pattinson. Nobody here is impressed by the numbers his
movies made.

And it doesn't matter if that statement is old, it is trailing New Moon,
and its numbers don't make Breaking Dawn a good movie anyways.

As I said, I have goodwill for the guy and I'm interested in his period
drama. But looking at Patts future projects shows me he isn't doing
anything. I hope he is at least taking some acting lessons, to show that
he takes his craft serious, while he is sitting on his butt, waiting
for good directors to take a chance with him.

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 3:18pm
Note to HeadRazz: Thanks.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 4:03pm
Dear MR: 
I seem OK because I have goodwill for Patts? What kind of logic is that? I'd like to think of myself as trying to be unbiased and objective, and  I don't need your confirmation just because I'm giving him a chance. 

The numbers you provided show how Remember Me couldn't live up to the hype and did weak business. Water for Elephants couldn't live up to its hype either, and only did "decent" numbers. Breaking Dawn is trailing New Moon, yet made big bucks -- but it is still a bad movie.  

A quick look showed me that Patts already finished filming months ago. I would be pleased to get more info about the Cronenberg movie, but within this conversation with you, I've already grown tired of the  subject of Pattinson...  
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 4:12pm
SchumacherH8ter, I hated Kutcher in "No Strings Attached", but since he got what he deserved last year, I thought I would give some others a "chance".
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 4:23pm
I said this before: The biggest problem with films like The Green Hornet and No Strings Attached receiving nominations is that they would rob several worse, more deserving films of nominations. It happened twice in 2008 with Mamma Mia and Crystal Skull. I'd say it was a big deal then because Saw V didn't get a nod for Worst PSRR. But if Drive Angry 3D has to be included, I suppose that wouldn't be as bad as other such instances as long as Cage is still getting nominated for Season of the Witch and Trespass. We can't afford to see No Strings Attached, The Green Hornet, and Final Destination 5 rob Abduction, HOP, Arthur [remake], The Dilemma, etc. of nominations for Worst Actor.  

Originally posted by Vits

GTA, your point about not awarding good and average movies is valid. However:
1)If you prefer the 1-10 rating system, 5 is average, so 6 is average to good and 4 is average to bad.
2)If you prefer the 5 stars system, 30-49% = 2 stars.
So no matter how you put it, it's not that big deal to nominate movies with 40 something %, specially if it's not for Worst Picture.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner.
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 4:31pm
MBH: You take everything I say completely out of context. When I said "you seem okay", I was just trying to make peace with you because I am not a confrontational person. But then you take it in a negative way and are less-than-polite back.

You claim you are tired of the subject,  but you are the one repeating the same stuff over and over again -- not me. 

And please don't tell me what my goals are, you can't read my mind. In fact, you took my entire post out of context. I was trying to make peace with you and get on more friendly terms, but you decided to be less-than-polite back. 

Fine...whatever.  

Originally posted by mbh

Dear MR:
I seem ok because I have goodwill for Patts? What kind of logic is that.
I'd like to think of myself as trying to be unbiased and objective and 
don't need your confirmation just because I'm giving him a chance.

The numbers you provided show how Remember Me couldn't live up to the 
hype and did weak numbers, Water for Elephants couldn't live up to the 
hype and only did decent numbers and Breaking Dawn is trailing New Moon,
but did big bucks and is still a bad movie. 

A quick look showed me that Patts already finished filming months ago. I would be pleased to get more info about the Cronenberg movie, but as 
it is I've already grown tired of the Pattinson subject within this 
conversation with you. I doubt that was your goal, though.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 5:15pm
I'm confused. If NO STRINGS ATTACHED (which by the way gets from 49 to 50%, making it a toss up) gets nominated, it would be for Worst Actor or Actress only if Kutcher and Portman are already nominated for their other movies, so it wouldn't rob any other movie an opportunity. COWBOYS & ALIENS and THE GREEN HORNET got 40-45%, making them acceptably bad, unlike FINAL DESTINATION 5 which got 60%. Without a concensus (making the number not so valid), THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2 got 20%, so why should the voters settle on one category? 

Just so we're clear, those movies don't have real chances anyway. In the end it's not about who's got the lowest numbers, but about the most memorably bad movies. So, aside from a combined Worst Actor nomination, ARTHUR, HOP and THE DILEMMA have as much chance as the movies mentioned above. ABDUCTION? You never know, it was in consideration for Worst Director, right?  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

I said this before: The biggest problem with films like The Green Hornet andNo Strings Attached receiving nominations is that they'd rob several worse, more deserving films of nominations. It happened twice in 2008 with Mamma Mia and Crystal Skull. I'd say it was a big deal then because Saw V didn't get a nod for Worst PSRR. But if Drive Angry 3D has to be included, I suppose that wouldn't be as bad as other such instances as long as Cage is still getting nominated for Season of the Witch and Trespass. I can't afford to see No Strings AttachedThe Green Hornet, and Final Destination 5 rob AbductionHOPArthur [remake]The Dilemma, etc. of nominations for Worst Actor.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 1:30am
Okay here I go... 

Of course, I want to include some of the earlier named people, like: 

* Nic Cage - Season of the Witch, Drive Angry and Trespass

* Alex Pettyfer - I Am Number Four and Beastly

* Adam Sandler - Just Go With It and Jack & Jill

* Nick Swardon - Buck Larson: Born to Win a Razzie

* Shia LaBouef - Transformers 3

But if there is room left... could you please include: 

Mickey Rourke for Passion Play (He is one of three reasons (the other two being Megan Fox and the screenplay) why this movie is so awfull... He is incapable of carrying the movie with his total lack of emotion (If you've seen the movie, you know what I am talking about).... 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 7:56am
Yeah. I mean, it wouldn't be fair that only Megan was nominated when most of the ones who saw it agree he was worse.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>