Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS: WORST ACTRESS of 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS: WORST ACTRESS of 2011
    Posted: December 04 2011 at 2:04pm
Seyfried for RIDING HOOD but not for IN TIME?  

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

Amanda Seyfred (Red Riding in the Hood)

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 3:51pm
Well I submitted Amanda as a contender for both "Red Riding Hood" and "In Time" even if the latter is rated about mid-30's on Rotten Tomatoes.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's an R.T. LINK for IN TIME -- it had a mediocre 38% Positive Rating when this was posted -- Not high enough to declare it out of RAZZIE® contention, but hardly low enough to say it's clearly a likely target. RIDING HOOD, meanwhile, had a well-within-RAZZIE® Range 11% Positive...  

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 8:29pm
Here are my suggestions:

Jessica Alba in "Spy Kids: All the Time in the World"
Dianna Agron in "I Am Number Four"
Jennifer Aniston in "Just Go With It"
Emily Browning in "Sucker Punch"
Minka Kelly in "The Roommate"
Martin Lawrence in "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son"
Sarah Palin "The Undefeated"
Hayden Panettiere in "Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil"
Sarah Jessica Parker in "I Don't Know How She Does It" and "New Year's Eve"
Adam Sandler in "Jack and Jill"
Amanda Seyfried in "Red Riding Hood"
Kristen Stewart in "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1"
Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 9:33pm
I really don't think that Jessica Alba was even the lead in "Spy Kids 4", she's probably more of a supporting actress contender.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2011 at 3:09am
WHY? I think Whitely was used the same way as Megan, tracking her be-hind and whatnot. Oh, and look at my post for what I think should be Worst Actress again, because I show that Conan was not the only movie that Nichols "starred" in this year.

Wait, so you didn't think Mr. Oldman was ridiculous in Red Riding Hood? The accent and the costume? HeadRazz, if this award show is what only YOU think should be nominated, you would have Winnie the Pooh up on the list for Worst Whatever, but you don't because you know most others are going to get mad at you. By contrast, alot of people here want to see Amanda considered for this, but you and ONLY YOU, are saying you want to shut out their considerations.  

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I think Whitelyshould be considered a Worst Supporting Actress contender, as should maybe Nichols. As for Seyfried, from my personal perspective, I considered the script, direction and both younger male leads to be ridiculous in that film, but I did not find Seyfried especially "to blame" for RIDING HOOD's short-comings...

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2011 at 4:50am
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

I think Whitely should be considered a Worst Supporting Actress contender, as should maybe Nichols.
Was Megan Fox nominated as the lead because she was lead in JENNIFER'S BODY?
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Here's an R.T. LINK for IN TIME -- it had a mediocre 38% Positive Rating when this was posted -- Not high enough to declare it out of RAZZIE® contention, but hardly low enough to say it's clearly a likely target. RIDING HOOD, meanwhile, had a well-within-RAZZIE® Range 11% Positive...
Yeah, it's not a likely target for Worst Picture. But Worst Actress? Why not?
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Dianna Agron in "I Am Number Four"
I really think she was supporting.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2011 at 10:58pm
I honestly think Seyfried was one of the less terrible parts of that loathsome movie.

Can the actresses of "New Year's Eve" already be nominated for that movie, even though nobody has seen their performances?   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, given how many "names" appear in the credits for NEW YEAR'S EVE, they would logically all belong in Worst Supporting Actor/Actress. But I think our best bet may be to list EVE on the Nominating Ballot for Worst Screen Ensemble, thus RAZZing them jointly as a group, and unless a specific cast member sucks worst than the rest, maybe leave it at that. Otherwise, I fear the enormous cast from this one movie has the potential to shut out worthy contenders from other films...  

Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 11:59am
The poll is officially up now. However, I still think Jessica Alba should've been a Worst Supporting Actress contender because the leads are the two kids.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As does the AMPAS, we look at both a performer's billing and their actual screen time -- In Alba's case, she has FIRST billing on the ads for SPY KIDS 4 (LINK to poster) and has far more screen time in this film than did Anthony Hopkins in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS -- and he was awarded a Best Actor Oscar...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 12:24pm
1) Were Nicole Kidman and Sarah Jessica Parker's supporting performances in JUST GO WITH IT and NEW YEAR'S EVE so bad that you feel they have to be recognized by those indidually from TRESSPASS and I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT?  

2) I heard Natalie Portman was supporting in YOUR HIGHNESS. Is she?  

3) HeadRAZZ, you said you didn't feel Amanda Seyfried was that bad in RED RIDING HOOD but you listed her (because of the others' suggestions?). But you're still not gonna list her for IN TIME as well? I'm pretty sure her performance in the latter is considered worse in general.  

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 4:59pm
I sure hope Madea's Big Happy Family doesn't rob Beastly and Sucker Punch for Vanessa Hudgens of a nomination, because Happy Family has an approval rating merely below average. I'm still hoping Something Borrowed will win Worst Actress.

Out of these, I had to settle for I Don't Know How She Does It for Sarah Jessica Parker. I'd also hope that New Year's Eve gets included with IDKHSDI on the nominations ballot.

Sorry if I spoke in a confusing manner, but that was the best I could come up with after my suggestions for the poll failed.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 6:21pm
That's a pretty good set of possibilities in that poll.  The only complaints I have are:

1. I have Natalie Portman listed as a supporting role in my virtual ballot, and

2. Minka Kelly should be up there because her movie's Tomatometer rating is in the single digits and she participated in a TV show I didn't like.

I also see someone shared his suggestions for Worst Actor.  Would you like to see mine or should I wait until there's a forum for that?   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I mentioned above regarding Jessica Alba, Portman in YOUR HIGHNESS had above-the-title billing, as well as being prominently featured in all promotional materials for the film (LINK to poster).  If she were being promoted for an Oscar for this by Universal (like that would ever happen!) they'd list her for Best Actress, not Supporting. As for Minka Kelly, her TV credits are irrelevant to our awards, and I don't think she is on anyone's radar but yours. For Worst Actor suggestions, guess it's time I set up a Forum discussion specifically for that...  

Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 7:03pm
My final 5 picks for Worst Actress are:

Jennifer Aniston - Just Go With It
Martin Lawrence (as Big Momma) - Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son
Sarah Palin (as herself) - The Undefeated
Adam Sandler (as Jill) - Jack and Jill
Kristen Stewart - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 8:22am
What does the TV show* have to do with this?  

*Did you mean FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS or CHARLIE'S ANGELS?  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Minka Kelly should be up there because her movie's Tomatometer rating is in the single digits and she participated in a TV show I didn't like.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 12:50pm
I was referring to 'Charlie's Angels'.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 4:59pm
Three questions:

Why would oiram accuse HeadRAZZBerry of wishing Winnie the Pooh could be all over the ballots?

Trespass is already a shoo-in for Nicolas Cage, and has about even chances of getting nominated for Joel Schumacher. Why would it need a nomination for Nicole Kidman too?

HeadRAZZ, I thought you hated screaming brats, so how did No Strings Attached get into the poll instead of The Not Bummer Summer?    

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Let's answer these in order -- #1: I think Oiram was overstating things to make what he considered a point...though I can't for the life of me remember what that point was.  #2: Nicole Kidman, as an above-the-title "name" on TRESPASS should be held equally liable for the Total Bomb-itude that was TRESPASS (the film cost about $35 million and grossed a miniscule $24,000 - MoJo LINK) making it one of the biggest money-losers of 2011. BTW: Kidman is also likely to be listed separately on the Nominating Ballot as Worst Supporting Actress for her role in Adam Sandler's JUST GO WITH IT (Forum LINK).   #3: I am unclear if you are suggesting we should have listed Natalie Portman for NOT SUMMER SUMMER (actually, it was Heather Graham who was in it) or that we forego Portman in favor of someone else who was in BUMMER SUMMER? Please feel free to clarify...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 5:27pm

Everybody was so happy with Kidman's "comeback" in RABBIT HOLE...and she follows it up by being in 2 bad movies with the our 2 Worst Actor front-runners. However, I feel she should have a combined nomination. I don't think either of her performances were panned enough... or at all. Most of the JUST GO WITH IT reviews just said, "What is she doing here?" 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Trespass is already a shoo-in for Nicolas Cage, and has about even chances of getting nominated for Joel Schumacher. Why would it need a nomination for Nicole Kidman too?

If I may, I'm pretty sure it's because almost nobody remembers JUDY MOODY. And out of those who do, almost nobody knows the actress' name. Meanwhile, Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portmanalso were in other bad movies this year*. And he won the 2010 Razzie and she won the 2010 Oscar, meaning her falling down and him staying where he was makes them razzable.

*Shouldn't she also be up for THE OTHER WOMAN? I know nobody saw it, but it got worse reviews than NO STRINGS ATTACHED, and her performance was as praised as NO STRINGS ATTACHED. 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

HeadRAZZ, I thought you hated screaming brats, so how did No Strings Attached get into the poll instead of The Not Bummer Summer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>