Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > SEASON OF THE WITCH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION: WITCH Way Is Up for Cage?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION: WITCH Way Is Up for Cage?!?!?
    Posted: January 03 2011 at 2:08pm
I don't need reviews. It's Nic Cage in a movie about magic, being released in Janurary. 

That's more than enough red flags for me! 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I don't need reviews. It's Nic Cage in a movie about magic, being released in Janurary. 

That's more than enough red flags for me! 
That's prejudiced and stupid.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And also...accurate! 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 2:59pm
Those "Trailer Dubs" guys are not funny at all.  They have nothing on the RiffTrax guys.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 3:45pm
Thanks HeadRazz. And Miguel, if I keep getting red cards, do they add up to make some new color card?  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

That's prejudiced and stupid.  
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And also...accurate! 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 5:33pm
No, you just get a pile of chili-red confetti. Good for China and Chuugoku, bad for the Western World. Maybe that red ink will put Miguel in debt!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 6:24pm
No, I can't go any further than a "red" card.  

And GTAHater, that was uncalled for!  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 6:26pm
Now here's something about 'Season of the Witch' I'm concerned about.  It's directed by Dominic Sena, the same guy who gave us 'Whiteout' in 2009 (I didn't like that one).  The screenplay is written by Bragi Schut, who created the short-lived TV series 'Threshold' (I never saw that) and is making his feature film debut.  It stars Ben Sanderson, Hellboy, and Little Dorrit.  It's not from any of the major studios.  The review I read for this film says that the films biggest problem is the screenplay.  I would choose this over 'Little Fockers', but not over 'The Fighter' or 'The King's Speech'.  I am a little surprised that HeadRazzberry didn't make a reference to Christine O'Donnell.  Had they released it when those rumors were hot, this movie would've gotten more attention.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 6:27pm
You find my posts "blatantly offensive?" Many of the Forum members here find your soccer cards... ridiculous, Miguel.  

You keep trying to usher us out of the forums with those cards, and BHB obviously dislikes you. As far as I'm convinced, you won't be able to convince me to just leave that easily!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 7:24pm
I know -- Seriously, I'm supposed to be scared of some guy who has no control over the Forum and likes posting red soccer cards? Big deal! A lot more people here support my opinions (based on facts, mind you) of what's going on in Hollywood -- even if I do sometimes phrase them in a blunt manner.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 7:26pm
Thanks for pointing out even more "red light warnings" that this movie is likely Razzie material. We've suspected it since the movie's star and release date were first annouced.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 7:53pm
The only warning signs I saw were Dominic Sena and the screenplay getting criticized.  I'm still not throwing any punches until top critics submit their reviews.  If I see it, then I'll give you my opinion of the matter, but since I am just one person, my opinion doesn't matter.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 8:13pm
And it's Nic Cage, who has been on a streak of bad "I need the money" movies...and it's being released in Janurary, the worst month of the year for movies. That's more than three strikes.  

The only warning signs I saw were Dominic Sena and the screenplay getting criticized.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 9:17pm
Seeing how you said Cage is on a 'streak', I'm guessing you didn't like 'Kick-Ass' or 'Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans'.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 2:11pm
Wow, Cage was in two okay-to-good movies, sandwhiched in between six bad ones, over the past five or six years. Now that's a track record to be proud of! 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 2:45pm
A lot of you are talking about "well-reviewed" movies Nicolas has been in, but HeadRAZZ asked which of them was also a box office hit (I consider a movie a hit if it doubles its budget in grosses). ADAPTATION (one of the best performances of all times), KICK-ASS (one of the best performances of the year)and BAD LIEUTENANT (one of the worst scripts of the year) were all flops. 

Originally posted by oiram

OK, here's what I'm going to do. Each time a Razzie considered movie comes up, I'm going to add on to my list of possible contenders. Eventually, I'll make the choices of the top five.

Can't you do that with only movies you saw?

January being the worst month for movies is a trend, not a tradition or law.  I'm not in denial of either of those things, I take offense to how you word it and find your stretching the truth hard to believe.  Call me out again and it'll be red.

I was looking to polls of the worst jobs in the world,based on how much the people with that job are hated (IRS Agent,Lawyer defending obviously guilty people,etc.). One of them must be soccer referees: Everyone hates them because half the time they make the wrong call. Anyway, I'm not saying I hate Miguel, but if he continues with those motherf*ck*ng soccer cards, I might. Go ahead, Miguel, give me a red card. I want to see what happens!  

Here are some other bad post-Oscar career moves (they are also nominees for one of my upcoming Top 5 lists): 

Roberto Benigni - won Oscar for 'Life is Beautiful', later appeared in 'Pinocchio'
Halle Berry - won Oscar for 'Monster's Ball', later appeared in 'Catwoman' and disowned it
Cuba Gooding Jr - won Oscar for 'Jerry Maguire', later appeared in 'Daddy Day Camp' among other clunkers
Ray Milland - won Oscar for 'The Lost Weekend', later appeared in 'The Thing with Two Heads'
Robin Williams - won Oscar for 'Good Will Hunting', later appeared in 'RV' and 'License to Wed' among other clunkers

Hang on, that can be applied to anyone. You should list ones won an Oscar, and the very next movie they were in was bad. Benigni is the perfect example. Not quite sure about Halle Berry.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 2:47pm
When I asked if you have to fight about everything, it was rhetorical!  

Sorry,but this time I take Miguel's side. Of course a lot of people don't think this will be good, and it's O.K. to say so, but Burn needs a better choice of words.  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>