Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > SEASON OF THE WITCH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION: WITCH Way Is Up for Cage?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote nubia7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION: WITCH Way Is Up for Cage?!?!?
    Posted: May 04 2011 at 2:41pm
Poor Nick, he must've needed money so bad, that he didn't even read the script before saying yes. Smile 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2011 at 6:51pm
When Richard Roeper was commenting on the new DVD releases,he said it's as if Cage was asking for a Lifetime Achievement Razzie with this movie.There's a video in the Youtube channel for the Razzies that counts how many times the Razzies have been mentioned on TV.Maybe you can add this clip.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to see Roeper's dual DVD review of both SEASON and BEASTLY, with the funny RAZZIE® reference... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 5:07pm
I just saw it,but I won't review it.

It's true what they say about the release dates,since this movie was the first release of the year.This should be nominated for Worst Picture.Is it a rip-off of any movie?If so,Remake Or Rip-off as well.

Once again,Nicolas Cage is uninspired.And so is Ron Perlman.So if the former gets nominated,the latter has to be too.None of the other performances were bad,so no Worst Ensemble or Couple.

The directing may not seem bad at first,because there aren't really bad shots.It's just that the shots are the same ones we've seen in every other movie.The pacing is wrong too,specially for a movie of this genre.Since there are no technical categories,I'm guessing the lousy FX count as part of the directing for making the movie visually bad.Also the photography.I got that they make it dark on purpose,but it came off as ugly.Dominic Sena should be nominated.

The plot doesn't engage you(I lost interest after the title of the movie appears),and it seems to be built from other medieval movies.It's so damn boring I couldn't even look at the screen.And during the 2nd half of the movie,the plot becomes less and less comprehensible,I didn't even bother to try looking for any plot holes(I'm sure there were).Bragi F. Schut should be nominated as well.

I give this 0/10.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 5:10pm
I am still convinced that this movie will be mostly forgotten by the time the nomination ballots arive.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Vheid

I am still convinced that this movie will be mostly forgotten by the time the nomination ballots arive.
Doubtful. Cage is considered the worst A-List actor working in Hollywood right now. I believe both he and at least one of his movies from this year will make it to the final five nods for Worst Actor and Picture ... but Cage will likely lose to Shia LaButtHole!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:53pm
IDK, LabuttHole pretty bad, but he's not at the same badness threshold as Nic here... or Alex Pettyful in his two movies this year.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Doubtful. Cage is considered the worst A-List actor working in Hollywood right now. I believe both he and at least one of his movies from this year will make it to the final five nods for Worst Actor and Picture ... but Cage will likely lose to Shia LaButtHole!
I must say it causes me a great deal of discomfort when you insist that Dark of the Moon will win any of the RAZZIES, but this is the most sickening of them all. What on Earth could lead Shia LeBoeuf to beat Nicolas Cage for Worst Actor, let alone Nic Cage combined with 2-4 other actors I've already recommended?

EDIT: There were 3 other actors: Russell Brand, Adam Sandler, and Bradley Cooper. How would LeBoeuf be the worst of these five?
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 5:34am
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I must say it causes me a great deal of discomfort when you insist that Dark of the Moon will win any of the RAZZIES, but this is the most sickening of them all. What on Earth could lead Shia LeBoeuf to beat Nicolas Cage for Worst Actor, let alone Nic Cage combined with 2-4 other actors I've already recommended?
I don't know where this discomfort is coming from. Casts and crews have been Razzed over silly little things before, like Pierce Brosnan for not being able to sing in "Momma Mia". Surely LaButtHole could win just for being annoying or comparing himself to Warren Beatty, or Rosie what's her name could win for being nothing more than a walking/talking prop for sexual innuendo. Look, I'm not saying "Dark of the Moon" is going to sweep the Razzies with "wins", I'm just saying it stands a very good chance of getting a lot of nods and some wins as well, maybe 3-5 at the most.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 6:41am
Hold on.We all know this movie will be nominated for Worst Actor.But I really want it to also be nominated for as much categories as possible.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 11:30am
Given the history of the Razzies, I can almost insure you that certain movies will be among the nominees, and they are "Transformers 3" (Michael Bay, need I say more), any of Nicolas Cage's movies, and any of Adam Sandler's movies. Which movies will actually win is another topic.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 6:05pm
I think that Worst Actor is the only nomination that this film gets and that's only because Nic Cage is starring in 4 films. It was just released way to early in the year for people to remember it... and I doubt if enough voters will have seen it by the time voting begins...
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 7:47pm

I think that Worst Actor is the only nomination that this film gets and that's only because Nic Cage is starring in 4 films. It was just released way to early in the year for people to remember it... and I doubt if enough voters will have seen it by the time voting begins...
Oh yes, Nicolas Cage stands the best chance out of anyone in that category. I'm just saying the Razzies have been know to have some surprise wins, so don't be shocked if LaButtHole gets the upset victory from out of thin air.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 12:55pm
With three or four movies each this year, Worst Actor is hands down going to Cage or Sandler.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 9:37pm
Well, time for my final review for now. Don't worry, Hoodwinked Too, Priest, and Something Borrowed are coming to DVD in three days (it's after midnight here in NY) so there will be reviews in the future. With that in mind, let's dive into the worst movie that I've seen this year so far.

The good:

Ron Perlman: This isn't so much about his performance, but more about the fact that I like him and am glad that he gets money to do things that he likes.

And that's about it for the good.

The bad:

Nicolas Cage's hair: I'll have terrible things to say about his acting in the ugly, but, for now, let's take about his terrible hair. It's crappy, mangy, and ugly to look at. Much like Hulk Hogan, Nic just needs to admit that he's bald.

Clare Foy: One of the worst supporting actresses of the year doesn't do credit to her performance. She was so bad, that I actually hoped that someone would burn her at the stake.

The CGI-wolves: They're CGI is pretty bad, but it's got nothing on CGI-demon at the end of this god-forsaken abombination. I have them in the bad because, while they may look crappy, they do bad things to the actors without looking as terrible as the demon.

The ugly:

The script: Jesus, was this written with a magic marker? This is so bad, that I'd like to adead dog eye pussgize to all the other bad screenplays I've insulted because they have no hope of reaching this in badness. This doesn't mean I'm letting Ehren Krueger, Allan Loeb, and f*cker Greg Berlanti off the hook; I'm just saying that their sins aren't as big as this one's.

The CGI-demon: This is easily the worst special effects creation of the year. Those flying-squirel aliens from I Am Dumber Four Watching this? They're practicully a species from Pandora compared to that thing! The District 9 knock-offaliens from Battle: LA? They're H.R. Giger's creations compared to that!

And now, the biggest offender from the worst movie of 2011... NICOLAS CAGE!!!: Seriously, this is Nic's worst acting that doesn't involve a bear-suit. I know that he needs money, but he should just let go of some of it. Seriously, why do you need a f*cking castle? That's just f*ck you money right there. Also, rangle your son in. He's making an ass of himself. He looks like a terrible Metalocalypse cosplayer. Unless, you're paying him off to act like an idiot to distract everyone from you're bad movie choices. Well, I've seen though your plan Cage!

Wow, that was a biggie. Can there be a movie that can match Season Of The Witch in stupidity? Well, I haven't seen Zoopkeeper yet and Jack And Jill is still on the horizon, but still. Grade: F, as in uck this movie!

Also, if you enjoyed my deranged theories about Weston Cage's behavior, wait 'till I get around to seeing The Undefeated and my Sarah Palin theories will flow like a salmon in a river.

(Note: my Robot Chicken quote about Joel Schumacher will be returning to my sig. Upcoming movies on DVD will be listed as upcoming reviews.)
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 10:00pm
You raise a good question:why does Cage have a wig in half of his latest action movies?I mean,I know the marketing reasons and all,but this isn't the '50s where we people got fooled by that stuff.Does anyone think he looks goog with those?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 10:01pm
I was suprised you didn't list Nic Cage's accent in this, because it's always surefire bad if he uses his normal accent, which everyone uses an accent.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>