Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of 1993 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of 1993 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: November 05 2011 at 10:51am
Cliffhanger received several nominations, but none for Stallone. If the voters really hated him so much they'd nominate him for anything, they would've nominated him every chance they got.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2011 at 1:09pm
Much like last year's installment of Twilight, CLiffhanger did receive a number of nominations, but it didn't "win" much of anything. In short, you are whining about 17 year-old un-spilled milk.  

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

What do you mean? I also see it under worst picture, worst supporting actor, and worst supporting actresses.

Yeah I know Cliffhanger isn't the worst movie of all time, but I really don't see what could possibly have made it a made worst picture nom, aside from starring Stallone.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2011 at 9:42am
Because it just seemed a little bit unfair. Cliffhanger was generally well received by critics, and was Stallone's highest grossing non Rocky/Rambo film. Having a nomination for worst picture is weird especially when Demolition Man (of the same year), and Cop Land without a worst picture Nom.

I do find it weird that Cliffhanger was nominated for worst picture, and not for worst actor (I  just realize that finally)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 3:16am
Can someone explain to me how the *bleep* Super Mario Bros got absolutely ZERO nominations?! How the *bleep* could that fly under the Razzie radar?  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 6:03am
Super Mario Bros only managed to pull in $20 million -- they could have made more money selling tickets to watch some guy play the game than this movie managed to make. 

Simple answer: Nobody saw it!  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 10:18am
There are a TON of films that flopped at the box office that still got nominated. I don't see why this is any different.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While I encourage Forum members to discuss and disagree with past RAZZIE® nominations, I should make one thing clear -- I have no intention of expending my time or energy defending choices our voting members made 2, 10, or (in some cases) more than 30 years ago. 

Feel free to continue pointing out where you disagree with our choices, but understand I do not intend to participate in any of these discussions. To put it bluntly, I don't see how it serves any purpose...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 3:26pm
Oiram: You also have to keep in mind the difference in the number of voters back then...  

Originally posted by oiram

There are a TON of films that flopped at the box office that still got nominated. I don't see why this is any different.

HeadRAZZ: Then what's the point of all the forums about past winners?  

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While I encourage Forum members to discuss and disagree with past RAZZIE® nominations, I should make one thing clear -- I have no intention of expending my time or energy defending choices our voting members made 2, 10, or (in some cases) more than 30 years ago. 

Feel free to continue pointing out where you disagree with our choices, but understand I do not intend to participate in any of these discussions. To put it bluntly, I don't see how it serves any purpose...

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 7:09pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: The point of this Forum is to provide a "meeting place" for discussion among our Members on topics relevant to our Awards, with an occasional aside/comment from me as Head RAZZberry. In the instance of discussions regarding long-ago RAZZIE® results, I don't frankly see defending or explaining them at great length as an appropriate expenditure of my time. 

Just to be clear -- I am not refusing to take part in these kind of discussions, just being honest about my general lack of interest in participating in them on a regular basis...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 8:01am
Is that why you locked the other ones?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Within the coming weeks, each year of our Complete History will eventually have one page listing the nominees and "winners," and a SEPARATE PAGE for posting comments/reactions to them. Only the Listing Pages have been "locked."  Nothing has been done to either discourage or discontinue Forum Members from discussing our history among themselves.  

EXAMPLE: Here's the LINK to the DISCUSSION of our 2004 LIST of Nominations and "Winners"...and here's the LINK to the page where a COMPLETE LIST of them can be found...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WORST PICTURE
SLIVER (Paramount) Robert Evans, producer

WORST ACTOR
William Baldwin, SLIVER

WORST ACTRESS
Sharon Stone, SLIVER

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Tom Berenger, SLIVER

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Colleen Camp, SLIVER

WORST DIRECTOR
Philip Noyce, SLIVER

WORST SCREENPLAY
SLIVER Screenplay by Joe Ezsterhas
Skip to 02:25.

Any thoughts?
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 4:43pm
1993 worst actor was sooo competitive! I mean who would be dropped for Stallone? Redford, Reynolds, Baldwin, Schwarzeneggar, and Dafoe are perfect! The screenplay of cliffhanger was criticized very much with mostly the action scenes being praised. Sure it was the most praised thing in stallone film in a long time but still. David Ansen- thrilling and bland! and John Anderson a dumb marve! Critics were torn over enjoying the suspense and criticizing the script unmercifully!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12