Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on DRIVE ANGRY 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of DRIVE and BE ANGRY in 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote lecrawford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of DRIVE and BE ANGRY in 3-D
    Posted: May 28 2011 at 9:11am
What ever happens to Cage he will do to himself.  He don't need any help from us. :) 
RockyBob View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote RockyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2011 at 12:39am
It's really bad that people begin to love actors only after they've played cool roles.
But it doesn't meen that all their next roles will be epic as well. And here is one of the examples Confused
tigers1904 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tigers1904 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2011 at 4:44am
Drive Angry is a brilliant movie!! 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 2:00pm
I just saw it,but I won't review it.

It's a bad sign in a movie when Amber Heard*** gives the best performance(jokes aside,she was decent).I know,you all expect to know about Nicolas Cage*****.He's not really bad as he is uninspired.But considering he has 3 other movies this year,and because of his situation he's most likely going to be uninspired in those as well,so I wouldn't be totally against a nomination for him.But he can't be alone.His uninspiration is nothing compared to William Fichtner's* utter lack of desire to be in this movie.Charlotte Ross's** screentime was short,but it was enough to consider her.Despite his annoying as hell(no pun intended)accent,Billy Burke**** wasn't bad.

I got that the movie was made as a grindhouse explotation movie on purpose,which is why I enjoyed the action,but it got tedious after a while.It felt like they just discovered slow motion,so they couldn't come up with something cooler.The effects were bad,and the plot dragged on too much.I mean,why couldn't it last 70 minutes?

I give this 4/10.

For your consideration:
-Supp. Actor*/Actress**...yes.
-Picture,Actress***,Supp. Actor again****,Couple(the 2 leads)...no.
-Actor*****,Director,Screenplay and Misuse Of 3D(I saw it on 2D,but the things going to the screen was annoying)...maybe.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2011 at 4:01pm
Time to review this: 

The good: 

William Fitchner: I know that some people here didn't like his performance, but, for me, he was the highlight of the movie. The scene where he plows done the police barricade was hilarious. 

Amber Heard: She gave a credible performance and she's hot as hell! 

The sex-scene shoot-out: I know that there's a similar scene in Shoot 'Em Up, but it's well-used here. This is probably the non-William Fitchner highlight. 

The bad:

Nicolas Cage: While he's better here than he was in Season Of The Witch, that's not saying much.

Billy Burke: While he's better here than he was in Red Riding Hood, that's not saying much.

The 3D: It's better than Pirates, but not as good as Trannies 3.

The ugly:

Nicolas Cage's hair: I couldn't think of anything really ugly about the movie, so I chose his hair. If we keep Worst Screen Couple, it should be "Nicolas Cage and EITHER his hellish hair-piece (Drive Angry) OR his trespassing toupee (Trespass) OR his wiccan wig (Season Of The Witch).

Not much to say to wrap it up. It's kind of fun to watch. Grade B-.

Next up: The Hangover Part II!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Ronken View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ronken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 6:42pm
This is what I'm talking about when it comes to overpaid celebrities
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 5:15pm
I think Cage is a shoe-in for Worst Actor this year. He's just begging for it. The only real contender that can top him is Adam Sandler.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234