Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion/Suggestions for WORST PICTURE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion/Suggestions for WORST PICTURE
    Posted: December 22 2011 at 4:01am
HERE's the LINK to VOTE in OUR FINAL FORUM POLL of 2011,  for WORST PICTURE...  

SINCE PREVIOUS POLLS and DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THIS YEAR's CHOICES HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THERE's NO OBVIOUS CONSENSUS on THIS YEAR's RAZZIE® FRONT-RUNNERS, FEEL FREE to OFFER ANY SUGGESTIONS, GRIPES, AND CETERA BELOW... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 5:01am
My picks for Worst Picture contenders are:  

Abduction 
Arthur 
Atlas Shrugged Part 1 
Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son 
Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star 
Conan the Barbarian 
Green Lantern 
Jack & Jill 
Just Go With It 
New Year's Eve 
Red Riding Hood 
The Smurfs 
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 
Trespass 
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 
Your Highness 
Zookeeper 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 8:06am
My picks are: 

Atlas Shrugged 
Big Mommas 3 
Hoodwinked Too 
Human Centipede II 
Just Go With It 
Red Riding Hood 
The Roommate 
Season Of The Witch 
The Smurfs 
Something Borrowed 
Trespass 
Twilight: Breaking Wind, Fart One 
Zookeeper 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Would I be right in assuming you picked JUST GO WITH IT as your Adam Sandler title because you have not yet seen JACK & JILL?  I would agree with you that GO WITH IT certainly did reek, but I'd have to go all the way back to 2000's LITTLE NICKY (IMDb LINK - See 2nd Item) to find a Sandler film I loathed as much as I did J&J. Ten minutes into it, I began feeling like a hostage with no means of escape. Guess that's the downside of doing what I do -- Sometimes I have no choice but to subject myself to torture...  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 8:44am
Front-runners:
-BATTLE:L.A.
-COWBOYS & ALIENS
-SANCTUM
-SEASON OF THE WITCH

Runners-up:
-PRIEST
-MONTE CARLO
-NEW YEAR'S EVE
-RED RIDING HOOD
-THE SMURFS
-ZOOKEEPER
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 8:48am
Yeah, HeadRAZZ, I haven't seen Jack And Jill...  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Vits

Front-runners:
-BATTLE:L.A.
-COWBOYS & ALIENS
-SANCTUM
-SEASON OF THE WITCH

Runners-up:
-PRIEST
-MONTE CARLO
-RED RIDING HOOD
-THE SMURFS
-ZOOKEEPER
Do those even have a chance against The Smurfs 3D, The Roommate, and Dark of the Moon respectively? Because those were the films that got forums here in their stead.

And my 5 finalists for Worst Picture are:
Season of the Witch
The Smurfs 3D
Jack & Jill
New Year's Eve

If you need 5 more suggestions:
The Roommate
Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
Red Riding Hood
Abduction
Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 1:12pm
I know they don't have much of a chance, but they're my choices. Also, I thought Seth Rogen had 0 chances of even being in consideration. 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 4:03pm
Here's my list:  

Abduction 
Atlas Shrugged Part 1 
Green Lantern 
The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) 
Jack & Jill 
Just Go With It 
Red Riding Hood 
The Smurfs 
Spy Kids 4-D: All the Time in the World 
Sucker Punch 
The Three Musketeers 
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 
Zookeeper 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 7:40pm
Please, consider Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family.  See the Razzie Ad thread. Also The Green Hornet -- Seth Rogan was simply dreadful in that film, the worst of his career.  

Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 10:03pm
My frontrunners: 

Jack & Jill  
Season of the Witch  
Red Riding Hood  
New Year's Eve  
The Smurfs  

Runners up:  
I Am Number 4  
Abduction 
Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1 

SPOILER!

I just wanted to say that I don't think Breaking Dawn was the worst movie. But I think it has the worst script. It's not a secret that the book is one of the lamest ones in history, but what upsets me, is that the people who made the movie had the chance to change it for the better...and didn't.

1. I've done my research, and found out that the line "You did this" was not in the book. The screenwriter came up with that bull. 

2. In Eclipse, you can see the vampires being shattered to stone. I've learned, Stephanie Meyer came up with a somewhat ridiciulous answer why the vampire still can conceive a child, but she tried. In the movie all they say is, "we did not know it was possible". That makes me think, they knew about the problem with their logic, but decided the audience would probably not question it. But of course, people would question it, and they didn't even try to use Meyer's explanation.

3. It's never explained why Bella is in love with the vampire. For the last two movies, the werewolf worked his butt off and kept fighting for her. What does the vampire do?

4. Furthermore I was told that Bella didn't want to become a vampire, and wanted to live a bit longer as a human. And then the pregnancy happened and her choice was taken away from her. That bit would have given the story a totally different arc and made her a bit more likeable. So why was that important twist not in the movie?

5. Rosenberg is a renowned writer. But the dialogue in the Twilight movies couldn't be worse, and way too many questions go unanswered.  

If you pick Breaking Dawn as Worst Picture, please consider Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 also (or maybe even moreso) for Worst Screenplay.

And I agree with number 1 here: 
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 11:14pm
Here are my selections: 

Abduction 
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-wrecked 
Dylan Dog: Dead of Night 
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs Evil 
Jack and Jill 
Just Go With It 
New Year's Eve 
The Roommate 
Season of the Witch 
Shark Night 
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 
The Undefeated 
Zookeeper 

Note: These were selected from a list of 63 movies with subpar critical reception.  Those in the list you see above are ranked 1-13, 17, and 24.  

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 6:01am
THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE II (FULL SEQUENCE)

I'd rather re-watch Jack & Jill (which is a total mess of a movie and by far the worst Adam Sandler-movie I ever saw) every day for an entire week than ever have to sit trough HC#2 again....

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 9:40am
Vheid, don't you have any other picks?
Originally posted by mbh

It's never explained why Bella is in love with the vampire.
I'm not sure why she has to spell it out.
Originally posted by mbh

Furthermore I was told that Bella didn't want to become a vampire, and wanted to live a bit longer as a human. And then the pregnancy happened and her choice was taken away from her. That bit would have given the story a totally different arc and made her a bit more likeable. So why was that important twist not in the movie?
I felt that has always been implied.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 10:15am
Don't be ridiculous. It doesn't have to be spelled out. But do you know why Bella is so crazy about Edward? I bet not. 

What exactly has been implied? From the movie, you have NO clue that Bella made plans to go study at a university.  

ETA: I think you meant she wanted to stay human a little (as in a few weeks) longer and then didn't have a choice. Yes, that was implied. But for the last two movies, she couldn't become a vampire fast enough, which I found annoying. It was all about "change me, change me!".
And then in Breaking Dawn she changes her mind and wants to wait for a few more years and sign up for college? 

I loathe the character, but that would have made her a bit more likeable, knowing that she finally decided something realistic without being blinded by her "undying love." And it would also have added some substance to a shallow story. 

Originally posted by Vits

Originally posted by mbh

It's never explained why Bella is in love with the vampire.
I'm not sure why she has to spell it out.
Originally posted by mbh

Furthermore I was told that Bella didn't want to become a vampire, and wanted to live a bit longer as a human. And then the pregnancy happened and her choice was taken away from her. That bit would have given the story a totally different arc and made her a bit more likeable. So why was that important twist not in the movie?
I felt that has always been implied.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 10:50am
Like in most romantic movies, I just believe when the characters say they're in love. Whenever a character asks another why he/she is in love, the latter always says the same thing: "He/She is beautiful, smart and funny". Sometimes they add an adjective or two, but it's the same thing. This doesn't mean the relationship makes sense, specially in this case where they're both rushing too much. But feelings don't need explanation... for me at least.  

Originally posted by mbh

Don't be ridiculous. It doesn't have to be spelled out. But do you know why she is so crazy about him? I bet not.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 11:05am
"He/She is beautiful, smart and funny"

Well, in case of Twilight that is exactly what is to be criticized. The Cullen movie character might be beautiful from a woman's perspective. But "funny"? LOL
I know what you are saying, but there is a reason why Twilight is being critisized so harshly. If Bella is in love only because he is so beautiful, then that is the epitome of shallow. I'm told the book explains it all in a very detailed way, but they didn't manage to make the reasons for their attraction apparent on screen. 

I'm not a nitpicker, I don't even mind a Jack Dawson- Rose what's-her-name love. Again, it was clear in the book - so it's bad screenwriting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>