Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion/Suggestions for WORST PICTURE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion/Suggestions for WORST PICTURE
    Posted: December 24 2011 at 8:06pm
Season of the Witch totally flew under the radar -- It stunk up the box office like no other, even for a January opening. I'm not sure how many people even realize the movie exists. I think the Razzies should be saved for more high profile stinkers. If you want to give Nick Cage a well deserved Razzing, go after Drive Angry 3D (another total box office and critic failure).  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Actually the first bad movie of this year was Season Of The Witch.  
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2011 at 8:46pm
Season of the Witch opened at number 3 in the U.S. and did make money worldwide...  

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2011 at 8:48pm
Bruce Lee was in Green Lantern? Don't you mean The Green Hornet? 

Originally posted by JoeBacon

Head Razz, GREEN LANTERN was the FIRST BAD MOVIE of 2011. I had a lot of hopes for it because I have very fond memories of the Van Williams/Bruce Lee series as a kid. Seth Rogan is NO Van Williams, and he played Britt Reid like a spoiled brat. He even wrote his own dialogue and it just showed. Every minute on the screen, he came off as a smug smart@$$. Really, it needs to be nailed for Worst Pic, and ESPECIALLY Worst Screenplay!  

[QUOTE=saturnwatcher] Joe I am glad somebody mentioned Green Hornet, a lousy adapation that has sort of been lost in the shuffle. The Hornet has already been pushed into the comic-book hero back row these days and that movie was enough to get him tossed out of the room altogether. 

Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2011 at 10:51pm
Here's my picks for worst picture (so far): 

5) The Hangover: Part II: This is a good example of what's wrong with Hollywood. They muddied a good movie by milking money from a crap sequel. While the first movie kept the chaos in good fun the sequel was too crude and sometimes too dark to be funny. 

4) Bad Teacher. The movie suffers most from the screenplay. 

3) Your Highness. This isn't as bad as "Jack & Jill" but it deserves Razzie recognition. The screenplay is barely laughable. The actors didn't seem to be trying or the director didn't bother getting the best out of them. 

2) Jack & Jill. A combination of an unfunny script, annoying acting and a cliched plot makes this sh!t Razzie-worthy. 

1) The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part I. This flick has a terrible script, poor acting and a bad storyline. It's very worthy of nominations in several categories. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2011 at 11:39pm
I knew I wasn't the only person who thought that Bad Teacher was bad! 
I almost got up and walked out of the theatre when Diaz said "I'm gonna s^ck your d!ck like I'm mad at it." 

Whoever wrote that line needs to just retire from screenwriting permanently... 

Originally posted by Dun-Ida

4) Bad Teacher. The movie suffers most from the screenplay. 
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2011 at 6:50am
Star Trek the Motionless Picture premiered on Pearl Harbor Day 1979, It was still playing in theaters thru March of 1980, so technically it wouldn't have been qualified for the first RAZZIE awards in 1980. But if John had the Razzies inspiration a couple years earlier, I'm sure it would have been in the mix.

The AWFUL 90's Captain America did play in theaters. I remember seeing the old UA Theater in Mid Wilshire showing it, but then, they showed a lot of Cannon's crap in ULTRA-STEREO.

Runaway is just a masterpiece that Michael Crichton must have come up with on a bad acid trip. It's even worse than Looker. Any Movie that has Tom Sellick as the good guy disarming robots and playing amateur surgeon is tacky enough, bur when Gene Simmons is the bad guy and he's channeling Andy Kaufman, that pushes it into territory that the RAZZIES should NEVER encourage with a nomination!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I actually worked on the campaign for STAR TREK: THE MOTION SICKNESS (as those of us who labored to make it look good took to calling it). My favorite anecdote is about a rough cut, black-and-white screening at Paramount, with none of the eventually not-so-special special FX finished (and filmed note cards standing in for them). The scene of Nimoy/Spock on planet Vulcan, which would eventually feature a matte-painting background, was obviously shot in the studio's parking lot -- and in this early version, electricians were visible standing on ladders and chewing gum behind the actors, each with extremely bored looks on their faces. But the coup-de-grace was when the film finally ended (it had run well over two hours), the last reel ran clear through the projector and could be heard flapping away loudly as the well-paid studio projectionist loudly SNORED AWAY. It was kind of obvious at that point that STAR DREK was not going to be a big hit... 

GIVE KIRK CAMERON THE RAZZING HE DESERVES!!!!!!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2011 at 6:55am
I stand corrected. I was just so disgusted with Green Hornet. Green Lantern was also crappy, but it wasn't as bad as Green Hornet. I've gone back and corrected my original post...Sorry! Cry  

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Bruce Lee was in Green Lantern? Don't you mean the Green hornet?
GIVE KIRK CAMERON THE RAZZING HE DESERVES!!!!!!
Eric Turpel View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Eric Turpel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2011 at 2:18pm
My choices for Worst Picture this year: 

The Green Lantern 
Twilight Breaking Dawn part 1 
Abduction 
Red Riding Hood 
The Hangover part 2 

Those are all my picks for worst film of the year.
Airo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Airo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2011 at 10:53pm
10. The Rite 

9. Red State 

8. Cowboys and Aliens 

7. Super 8 

6. Insidious 

5. 30 Minutes or Less 

4. Take Me Home Tonight 

3. J.Edgar 

2. Battle: Los Angeles 

1. Shark Night 3-D  

Dis-honorable Mentions: I Am Number 4 & Season of the Witch
Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 9:36am
My short list for Worst Picture: 

Abduction 
The Hangover Part 2 
The Human Centipede 2 
The Smurfs Movie 
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 *sigh* 

My "winners" appear in bold...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 9:42am
Spyke: The info in your post doesn't match the choices in your signature.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 10:31am
Hello Airo,
I read through your list and would like to know why "Insidious" is one of your picks for Worst Movie?
I'm a Horror fan, I thought "Insidious" was great, apart from a bit of bad acting, I couldn't really feel the grandmother who looked like the dad's sister. So I'm wondering what you didn't like about Insidious and what you thought about Paranormal Activity 3.
Also, I like period pieces. I wasn't too impressed with J. Edgar, and I still think DiCaprios best performance was when he was playing in "What's eating". Back then I thought he was going to be a brilliant actor, but in my eyes he hasn't lived up to that yet. So what in the movie made you think it is one of the Worst?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 10:43am
And also... SUPER 8?!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 10:53am
Joe, Here's what I don't understand.... You are saying that you absolutely hate these movies, yet everytime someone merely suggests putting them on the ballot, you fiercely attack the person who suggests doing so. Would you really be THAT bothered if they were nominated for Razzies? 

I honestly don't believe that a Razzie-nom would "encourage" Tom Six to make more of Centipede movies. What I've heard in interviews (and seen in the HC#2) is that he's actually very proud of these movies. The amount of undeserved attention that he's getting from these movies make him believe that he is a very talented filmmaker (which he is obviously not). I think an award like this would likely hurt his feelings (and more importantly, his ego).  

About the special award, If you go to the HC#2-forum you'll notice that I suggested sort of the same thing (but I called it the Disgrace To Humanity-award as a spoof of the Academy's Humanitarian Award)....

Originally posted by JoeBacon

Vheid, I sure do understand your feelings on Human Centipede II, since I sat through the first Human Centipede movie on a dare. But to nominate TOM SICKS will only encourage him to make something even more tasteless.

There are some movies that are so awful that they DO NOT DESERVE Razzie consideration. I put The Human Centipede in the same Not Deserving Razzie nods as such other MESSTERPIECES as When Time Ran Out, The (CR)Apple, House of D, Eye See You, Runaway, Shakes The Clown, The 1990 Captain America, The Pickle, Soul Plane, Armed and Dangerous, and Star Trek The MotionLess Picture!

On the Other Hand, Maybe The Head Razz should create a new Special Award Category--"The John Waters Award For Total Tastelessness". It would be a hoot to see John Waters give it out at the next RAZZIES! 

Airo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Airo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 10:53am
I specifically disliked "Insidious" not because it was low budget or that I'm not a horror fan. I simply didn't like it because I felt that the concept was too similar to A Nightmare on Elm Street. Reasons for that would be that 1) Even though the child is in a comatose state, he is in a "Dream" like sequence which bares resemblance and 2) The creature that was in the film bared uncanny resemblance as well. On top of that the dialogue was weak, and I recognized it didn't have a huge budget, but at times it seemed to forced. Oh, and I dislike Paranormal Activity 3 because it was simply horrid.

As for Super 8, I disliked it for several reasons. 1) The ending was extremely weak and the whole build up to the creature was weak. 2) For a JJ Abrams film I expected more and was greatly disappointed not only because was the plot weak but the creature looked like the one in his previous film, Cloverfield. However, I will admit I think the children in the film did extremely well. 
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 10:57am
One more thought about The Green Hornet:
I'm not familiar with the comic book (?) of Green Hornet, so I have to go by what I saw in the movie. Ever since "Inglorious Basterds" I am a big Christoph Waltz fan. I know he did get a few positiv mentions, but they needed an actor of his calibre to make Chudnofsky work somewhat. That counts for "Three Musketeers" as well. Bad writing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>