Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS on 2011 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion/Suggestions for WORST PICTURE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion/Suggestions for WORST PICTURE
    Posted: December 28 2011 at 1:38pm
I am really liking this poll...

We really got a very diverse selection of bad movies on there this year.... which i always enjoy...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It's nice to hear appreciation of the choices for a change -- Diversity among the contenders is something I think is worth encouraging. And many of the titles other have griped about my not including were, in various ways, "redundant" to other choices that did make it. For example, JACK & JILL and BIG MOMMAS: LIKE FATHER LIKE SON are both "drag" movies, but the Sandler film, having cost much more (and having been way more obnoxious) than the Martin Lawrence "dude looks like a lady" flick, seemed the better choice to "represent" films of that ilk...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 2:03pm
What's funny is that ZOOKEEPER and/or BIG MOMMAS will most likely end up in the ballots because of all this feedback. But which ones shouldn't instead? As I said before, I (and I think I'm not alone here) don't see ABDUCTION as anything more than "that Taylor Lautner movie", and that's how it'll probably be remembered... until the sequel.Dead
Originally posted by John Lennon

Little red hood: why does this exist?
jack and jill:I repeat the question above
I disagree. While I hated RED RIDING HOOD, it does have a reason to exist, which is being a new take on a classic story. I haven't seen JACK & JILL, but since it has the worst premise of the year, I'm guessing it doesn't have a reason to exist.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 6:33pm
Take Me Home Tonight is another one that was so forgotten that no matter how bad it was, people don't remember it enough to razz it properly. However, the box office was abysmal for Take Me Home, so that's very damaging to the careers of leads Topher Grace and Anna Faris. So I guess that's their punishment for being in this film.

Originally posted by Airo

4. Take Me Home Tonight 
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2011 at 8:19pm
Miguel, you are actually giving The Undefeated far too much credit by suggesting that "not many people saw it" -- It's domestic gross was an astonishingly crappy $116,000, which makes films like A Sound of Thunder and Asshole Chugged look like box-office sensations by comparison. At standard contemporary box-office prices, that means that less than 12,000 people in a country of 300 million invested 10 bucks and just under 2 hours of their lives that they knew they could never get back in the cinematic company of Caribou Barbie.

Incidentally, Project Nim, an outstanding documentary that will receive a Best Documentary Oscar nomination, outgrossed The Undefeated by nearly 400% despite the fact that it only played in 22 theaters in the United States. Memo to Sarah Palin: Your chances of ever getting elected President are pretty poor when people seem to be more interested in a monkey that has been dead for 20 years than they are in  you.  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

I also noticed that 'The Undefeated' is also not there.  I guess that's because not many people saw it.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 12:33pm
Anna Faris's movies are often box office hits, but also critical failures. Although, I find that the worse the movie, the better her performance is. And, like more than half of his THAT '70S SHOW co-stars, Topher Grace hasn't really had a career aside from that show. 

Originally posted by billingsley

However, the box office was abysmal for Take Me Home, so that's very damaging to the careers of leads Topher Grace and Anna Faris.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 2:17pm
Topher Grace was in Predators and In Good Company (and don't forget Spiderman 3), all of which did well at the box office (really well in the case of Spidey 3) -- but he wasn't the drawing card behind any of those...  

R.J View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote R.J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 3:06pm
My picks:  

1. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 
2. Transformers: Dark of the Moon 
3. Abduction 
4. The Green Lantern 
5. Battle L.A 

And the Razzie goes to.... (drums)... wait for it... (drums)... The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1! 

The Twilight movies are really in need of some Razzies. They keep getting worse and worse, and I think they're way worse than Jack & Jill. They keep winning trophies like MTV Movie Awards, so the Razzies should show the world: The MTV Popcorn trophy is a piece of garbage -- and those movies are, too!  

billingsley View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote billingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 5:21pm
Anna Faris may have some success under her belt, she wasn't the main attraction in any of those. 

Let's examine films where she's the star: 
Worst Picture, Director & Script: Twilight
Actor: Nick Cage
Actress: K Stew
S. Actor: Ken Jeong
S. Actress: David Spade
Couple: Sandler and Sandler
Sequel: Hangover II
Ensemble: New Year's Eve cast
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 5:38pm
I want to add a new runner-up: PUSS IN BOOTS. No, I'm still not joking.
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 10:22pm
Here are my picks for Worst Picture:  
Bucky Larson Seriously why was he born to be a star
Breaking Wind Part 1,
Jack & Jill, 
New Year's Eve 
Trannies 3 still very dark up or down yer moon
Leo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 3:24pm
Does anyone know what day the pre-nominating ballot is going to be announced?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: If you mean when will it be mailed out to voting/dues-paying RAZZIE®  Members, that will be Tuesday, January 3. There's no "announcement" involved, though. Here's the LINK to the current 2012 RAZZIE® / OSCAR® schedule, in case that has a better answer to  your inquiry... 

ABC View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 7:33am
My Predictions: 

Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (with 0% on RT!)
Jack and Jill 
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. Part 1 
Red Riding Hood 
Sucker Punch 
Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son 
The Human Centipede 2 
Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 
Dream House 
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 9:07am
I know this is a last-minute request, but how about considering a Bad/Unfunny Comedy category? That way, the likes of Zookeeper, Big Momma's House 3, Hall Pass, I Don't Know Why SJP Keeps Getting Crappy Lead Roles, Your Highness (REALLY awful! Cry) et al can still be considered, even if they don't make the Worst Picture list (which I still think Big Mommas and Your Highness SHOULD, BTW)...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Interesting suggestion but, as you yourself pointed out, a bit too "last-minute" -- the Nominating Ballot master has already been made up and taken to the printer. If it offers you any solace, YOUR HIGHNESS and BIG MOMMAS #3 are listed in several categories (though not for Worst Picture). Also, our rules do allow for write-in votes in any category, and wherever you feel MOMMAS #3 or HIGHNESS ought to be represented and isn't, you can use a #2 Pencil to express how big a pile of #2 you thought each of those films was... 

FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 11:52am
I was wondering when the deadline for sending in my choices was. The local mark-down theater is playing movies around the time Jack And Jill was released and I'd like to see the major heavyweights* before voting time.

*The only other heavyweights that I haven't seen are New Year's Eve, which I'll probably be seeing this week with my free ticket, and Bucky Larson which comes to DVD this month, so I'll be able to see it in time to vote for it, but not nominating it.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: This year's Nominating Ballot (which will be "in the mail" shortly) has a Voting DEADLINE of 11:59pm/PST on Monday, January 16. and includes instructions for requesting an Internet Ballot to allow for last-minute submissions...  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 4:32pm
With Joyful Noise, Step Up 4, and possibly Rock Of Ages, Sparkle, and Les Miserables maybe it could be combined for a Worst Musical or Comedy category next year, as a parody of the Golden Globs?  

Originally posted by The Larch

I know this is a last-minute request, but how about considering a Bad/Unfunny Comedy category?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2012 at 7:20am
By splitting comedies off from the Worst Movie category we begin to look more like the Golden Globs than the Oscars, which the Razzies have always tried to counterpoint. I say the worst movie is the worst movie, regardless of the genre.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>