Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > EPIC MOVIE
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Diss-Cussion of EPIC MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Diss-Cussion of EPIC MOVIE

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Message
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR


Joined: April 23 2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5106
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diss-Cussion of EPIC MOVIE
    Posted: March 09 2007 at 6:24am
I'm unclear exactly what their criteria were, but in Rotten Tomatoes' recent listing of what it calls The 100 Worst-Reviewed Movies of ALL TIME, EPIC MOVIE ranks #13...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Back to Top
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: January 30 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 360
Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 9:44am

CASINO ROYALE was a "MUCH BETTER" movie than the last two James Bond movies, which each "won" a RAZZIE (The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day). CASINO came out on DVD yesterday, and there's a scene in EPIC MOVIE where they're spoofing it (see below):

Brooklyn Freed, Darko Belgrade and Michelle Misty Lang in 20th Century Fox's Epic Movie

Back to Top
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 524
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 5:41am
I disliked this film very much, but the stunt double obviousness was intentional.
Back to Top
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: September 01 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1190
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 3:05pm

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

I disliked this film very much, but the stunt double obviousness was intentional.

I don't get this.  Please explain to me how it was "intentional". 

When things like showing stunt doubles are done intentionally in a movie, it's worked into the script.  Spaceballs has an excellent (and funny) example of this. 

When it just shows up, and then it just goes away, it looks as much like a mistake as seeing the boom mic drop down in plain sight for a couple of scenes.  And if it was MEANT to be intentional, then it's yet another joke that fell flat because of poor execution.  And let me tell you, the audience I saw this with wasn't laughing at that scene...

Back to Top
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 524
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 5:04am
Well, if it wasn't intentional ( And I still say it was), then we've finally found an American heir to Edward D. Wood Jr.
Back to Top
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: September 01 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1190
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 4:42pm

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

Well, if it wasn't intentional ( And I still say it was), then we've finally found an American heir to Edward D. Wood Jr.

Whether intentional or not, they tried to be funny, and weren't.

As for the Edward D. Wood, Jr. heir, well, Wood was trying not to be funny, and he was. . . .

Back to Top
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 31 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 524
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 9:40am
I have to disagree with whoever said Carmen Electra was better than Darrell Hammond or Crispin Glover. I think that their Johnny Depp imitations were pretty dead-on, but the screenplay didn't do anyone in the cast any favors.
Back to Top
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: September 01 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1190
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 5:50pm

I said it, and I stand by it.  Glover almost pulled it off, but then he began to dance, and well, there you go.  Hammond, on the other hand, couldn't play Depp playing Keith Richards; he came off as just a goofy, womanizing pirate.  But you're right about the script.  Even if both of them performed their parodies brilliantly, the unfunny script would have done them in.

Perhaps I should agree with Sanndman228715; perhaps in Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, we have finally seen the true heirs of Edward D. Wood, Jr.  First Date Movie, and now Epic Movie.  Uwe Blows, you've got competition!

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

I have to disagree with whoever said Carmen Electra was better than Darrell Hammond or Crispin Glover. I think that their Johnny Depp imitations were pretty dead-on, but the screenplay didn't do anyone in the cast any favors.

Back to Top
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: June 13 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 135
Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 12:39am

For Your Consideration - Epic Movie 

WORST PICTURE & ANY OTHER CATEGORIES!!!

Please, oh please, give this movie at least one Razzie nomination (for Worst Picture). This has to be one of the most pointless pieces of crap I have ever seen in my entire life!!! This and "Norbit" are the worst movies of the year so far. They need to quit making these unfunny spoof movies. I mean spoof movies went out like fifteen years ago.

I HATED IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

 

Back to Top
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: June 13 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 3:53pm

OK, DATE MOVIE sucked horribly (so bad that it was nominated last year) so what was the point of making this useless sequel? And how was it ever the #1 movie in America?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

 

Back to Top
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: June 13 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 135
Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 4:45am
I could see Carmen Electra getting another WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS nomination this year. I mean her role was "Razzie-tastic"!!!
Back to Top
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: September 06 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3100
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:34am
You know you're watching a bad movie when the funniest part is a Mel Gibson joke.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Back to Top
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: June 13 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 135
Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 7:39am

I'd rather be in a room with Michael Vick and Hitler than to watch this movie again.

Back to Top
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: January 23 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2137
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 8:58am

My Review (7/10):

4 Children, Peter, Lucy, Edward and Susan, all find tickets to an epic
adventure but they're soon trapped by Willy Wonka. Soon Lucy finds a
wardrobe and steps into the magical world of Gnarnia and eventually the
four orphans are battling to save Edward and stop the white bitch!

For those who have seen "Date Movie" and hated it, you would probably
not watch this one since it was made by the same filmmakers and expect
this movie to be horrible, if not any worse. Well, is it bad? For me,
obviously not. It was much better than "Date Movie" and you can tell
the filmmakers that they actually changed some of their plans to make
this movie funnier. And it is.

I would compare this to "Monty Python's Holy Grail" because this film
has its shares of laughs and unfunny jokes. The good thing is the movie
is really quite refreshing in a way. Why? They never actually spoofed
fantasy movies before. Does it make a difference? Yes, it does.

What gets better in this movie other than the jokes are the elaborate
costumes, the extensive (and wonderful) set designs, special effects,
and score, if you care to know about any of that. Although you may
think it's a bigger budget than "Date Movie", it's surprisingly the
same, if that interests you.

The jokes in here are funny because it mocks other films, makes obvious
clichés and surprisingly turns them the other way, one continuing joke
which I found really funny even if it goes throughout the film, a joke
they continued from "Date Movie" (the obvious stunt double and dummy),
and the randomness.

The target audience is apparent: Those who have and liked "Date Movie"
or have seen the films spoofed in here, including "Nacho Libre," "The
Chronicles of Narnia," "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle," "Charlie
and the Chocolate Factory," the "X-Men" pictures, "Superman Returns",
"The Da Vinci Code", and a lot more. More or less, put that down to
teens.

So, if you're a wise adult, you probably wouldn't be surprised not
liking this movie. I, on the other hand, am a teen, and it's not
surprising enough that I enjoyed it very much so. Also, I like to
applaud Jayma Mays for her very funny role and others like Jennifer
Coolidge and Faune A. Chambers.

If you're a person who doesn't like stupid comedies with some immature
and childish jokes, unlike "Knocked Up", you should stay very far away
from this. Why would you see it? You know what to expect. If you're a
person who's in their teens or just like to have a good short time,
then watch this. There's no harm to go through it for a short 80
minutes.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Yo, moviewizguy, you asked in another posting where we got the idea you wanted to be a film critic (even though you incessantly defend every mediocre movie made).

Here's a Clue: Maybe we got the idea from...postings like this one?!?!?!

 

 

Back to Top
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: September 06 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3100
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

My Review (7/10):

4 Children, Peter, Lucy, Edward and Susan, all find tickets to an epic
adventure but they're soon trapped by Willy Wonka. Soon Lucy finds a
wardrobe and steps into the magical world of Gnarnia and eventually the
four orphans are battling to save Edward and stop the white bitch!

For those who have seen "Date Movie" and hated it, you would probably
not watch this one since it was made by the same filmmakers and expect
this movie to be horrible, if not any worse. Well, is it bad? For me,
obviously not. It was much better than "Date Movie" and you can tell
the filmmakers that they actually changed some of their plans to make
this movie funnier. And it is.

I would compare this to "Monty Python's Holy Grail" because this film
has its shares of laughs and unfunny jokes. The good thing is the movie
is really quite refreshing in a way. Why? They never actually spoofed
fantasy movies before. Does it make a difference? Yes, it does.

What gets better in this movie other than the jokes are the elaborate
costumes, the extensive (and wonderful) set designs, special effects,
and score, if you care to know about any of that. Although you may
think it's a bigger budget than "Date Movie", it's surprisingly the
same, if that interests you.

The jokes in here are funny because it mocks other films, makes obvious
clichés and surprisingly turns them the other way, one continuing joke
which I found really funny even if it goes throughout the film, a joke
they continued from "Date Movie" (the obvious stunt double and dummy),
and the randomness.

The target audience is apparent: Those who have and liked "Date Movie"
or have seen the films spoofed in here, including "Nacho Libre," "The
Chronicles of Narnia," "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle," "Charlie
and the Chocolate Factory," the "X-Men" pictures, "Superman Returns",
"The Da Vinci Code", and a lot more. More or less, put that down to
teens.

So, if you're a wise adult, you probably wouldn't be surprised not
liking this movie. I, on the other hand, am a teen, and it's not
surprising enough that I enjoyed it very much so. Also, I like to
applaud Jayma Mays for her very funny role and others like Jennifer
Coolidge and Faune A. Chambers.

If you're a person who doesn't like stupid comedies with some immature
and childish jokes, unlike "Knocked Up", you should stay very far away
from this. Why would you see it? You know what to expect. If you're a
person who's in their teens or just like to have a good short time,
then watch this. There's no harm to go through it for a short 80
minutes.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Yo, moviewizguy, you asked in another posting where we got the idea you wanted to be a film critic (even though you incessantly defend every mediocre movie made).

Here's a Clue: Maybe we got the idea from...postings like this one?!?!?

                                                                                       You did not just compare this to "Monty Python And The Holy Grail"? Gee, you're dumber than I thought!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Back to Top
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum


Joined: July 14 2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2577
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 4:04pm

My mouth dropped open when I read that comparison to Monty Python and the Holy Grail as well. Moviewizguy, you have GOT to be kidding! Holy Grail was probably one of the 10 best comedy films ever made. Epic Movie was a throw away piece of crap. I won't claim that you have built a lot of credibility with me, but if you ever had any, you sold it with that one.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down