Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE SPY NEXT DOOR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Do I SPY a Likely Contender??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do I SPY a Likely Contender??
    Posted: November 06 2010 at 4:43pm
This one was by far one of the worst movies I've seen this year.

Originally posted by JoeBoyden

Worst Supporting Actor Billy Ray Cyrus, Magnus Scheving, Lucas Till, and/or George Lopez (also for Valentine's Day and Marmaduke)

Cyrus will probably get a second (consecutive!) Worst Supporting Actor nomination. Lopez was in THREE horrible movies this year so he has a good shot at a nomination. Scheving and Till are definitely longshots. 

Originally posted by JoeBoyden

Worst Screenplay (three people wrote this?!?!) 

Yes. UNBELIEVABLE.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2010 at 7:51am
Jackie Chan has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Favorite Action Star" for KARATE KID,but I don't know if it's also for this movie.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2010 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Vits

Jackie Chan has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Favorite Action Star" for KARATE KID,but I don't know if it's also for this movie.
No, they don't combine movies into one award nod.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Vits

Jackie Chan has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Favorite Action Star" for KARATE KID,but I don't know if it's also for this movie
I just checked,and he could have been,but wasn't.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 8:34pm
Man, Jackie Chan needs better movie roles.

The good:

Jackie Chan: Chan is the only good thing here. He's usually the lone bright spot in his (American) movies*.

The bad:

The children: Dear Hollywood, stop casting terrible child actors in your movies!

The script: The amount of cliches in this script is, almost, as large as the number of logic holes in Loose Change**.

Brian Levant: The direction for this is very crappy and bland. Mr. Jingle All The Way is crappy and bland in all his movies.

The ugly:

Billy Ray Cyrus: Miley's father/pimp*** strikes again. Not content to ruin the same genre that contained Johnny Cash and Hank Williams, BRC is dead-set on ruining movies now.

George Lopez: OK, who cast George Lopez as the villain? George Lopez is as threatening as those annoying kids mentioned above!

Well, that's a bland family film. Thankfully for Jackie, that Karate Kid remake turned out to be not-terrible. Grade: D

Next-up: Marmaduke!

*There is one Chinese Jackie Chan movie where he's the lone bright spot: Fantasy Mission Force! He's only in there for about 15 minutes, but he kicks a lot of ass in those 15 minutes!
**Funny story, while I was driving home from Le Moyne today, this car that cut me off had a bumper-sticker that said: "9/11 was an inside job." I'd like a bumper-sticker that says: "9/11 wasn't an inside job. Go back to your Phish concert hippie."
***If Encyclopedia Dramatica is to be believed.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2011 at 7:14pm
I just saw it.

It was literally everything one would expect this to be after watching the trailer...or even reading the premise.But because of how it was what I expected,it was watchable.

It was on the edge of "harmless" and "uneducational".It has kids doing what they want.But it's only in some parts,they behave later on.And there's a scene where someone throws a TV on someone else's head without killing the latter.But if we were to ban that,we'd have to ban cartoon.

There was some major miscasting here.Whether they're the good or the bad guys,nobody(and I mean nobody)looks menacing at all.Jackie Chan looks embarassed to be here,Billy Ray Cyrus was just reading lines,but the worst was Katherine Boechner as the evil russian woman.I've heard bad accents...but good God!This was Brian Levant's best directorial effort to date.Does that sound like much?No?That's because it isn't.His shots,and also the continuity,didn't rape my eyes this time.They just touched them inappropriately.But they included cartoon sound effects!WTF!It wasn't as abundant as in LITTLE MAN,but it was still noticeable.

I give this 1/10(could've been 0).
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2011 at 11:11am
I forgot to mention how terrible Katherine Boechner was.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12