Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > JUMPER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Does JUMPER Belong in the Dumper??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Bonogamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does JUMPER Belong in the Dumper??
    Posted: February 19 2008 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by tomsmobr

I thought the whole teleportation looked pretty awsome it did remind of Sliders which I was a huge fan of when it was on Television.

Hmm...you have tickled my curiosity bone.  I must see this "Television."
Dreams for Stallone sequels:

Hawk: Over the Top Part II
Marion Cobretti: Cobra Part II
Joe Bomowski: Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot Part II
Nick Martinelli Rides Again: Rhinestone Part II
WaterBoySucks View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaterBoySucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 7:11am
When I first saw the ads for Jumper I thought to myself "Geez they made a sequel to The Covenant", so there was no way I was gonna waste my money to see this when cable premiere is less than 12 months away
Mrs. Magnatech View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mrs. Magnatech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 8:49am
I'm going to see this on Friday. Making fun of Hayden's "acting" will be so much fun.
ramsde View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ramsde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 7:38am
Hayden is a good actor is some of his movies. Then other times it is like "What was that?" Star Wars (good), this (I don't think so). This was disappointing for me, had some good parts, but they were not good enough to make this movie good. Oh well, I really need to listen to my gut when it comes to previews. When I have doubts, I know there is something wrong and this movie proved it.
iliahtida View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote iliahtida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 2:19am

Will anyone tell me what is wrong with all those ideas about infections, viruses and genetic anomalies going on those days? I know its supposed to be the future scenario but is becoming tiring.

www.moviesoftheseason.com

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 11:30am
Ah, another great idea for a movie, raped by Hollywood. It would have been just fine if it was about a young man discovering he has the power to teleport and how it affects his life (which is what the book the movie is "based" on was about). But NO! They have to add a bunch of uncalled for action scenes, have him being chased by a secret society, and then to top it all off, they cast the actor who ruined the Star Wars franchise for us all...  
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2008 at 3:18pm
I saw this movie yesterday, and I did not really think it was bad movie. I think it might be The Best Bad Movie in one way: I wish they would have told us how Jumper is able to do The Teleporting thing...
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 1:30am
Well, some complained that the movie was too short to tell us information because the pacing of this movie is really fast, while others just liked it because it was a quick action movie to kill your time for 85 minutes...   
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 3:03am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: The failure to explain the whole "teleportation" concept was just one of this film's major problems. The biggest one was that it constantly "jumped" all over the place (literally) with little or no sense of time, place or logic. I'd have to rate this one of the most confusing films I've seen this year...and one of the most boring. In a time/space continuum feet not unlike its characters' teleportation abiltities, JUMPER somehow makes 85-minutes feel longer than three-and-a-half hours! 

FOOTNOTE: I also found myself wondering throughout the film (since the movie itself barely held my interest) if all those exotic world locations (the Roman colliseum, Big Ben's clockface, etc.) were genuine, or achieved digitally. The idea of film-makers pitching the concept of allowing Hayden Christensen to sit in a lawn chair atop the head of the Egyptian sphynx (and then having to figure out how to do it without damaging a historic site) struck me as hilarious -- the only amusement the film offered...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
myworksucks View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote myworksucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 4:15am
I liked the concept, but it felt like it wasn't thought out through. They just had this concept and decided to create scenes for it and oh, there has to be a love interest and a bad guy (or guys) without any real clear reason. Samuel Jackson does so many movies, he couldn't find something better to do than this stinker?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 11:44am

The Movie Preview Critic reviewed the trailer and for the most part agrees of the over using of the jumping effect. Mine you, this is just him judging the trailer, it's more of a debate of the current state of sci-fi movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLw29uD1TA

Tyleben View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tyleben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 8:07am
This is an obvious Worst Picture contender; but I'm too cheap to get a membership.  I just wish I hadn't wasted 2 hours of my evening after work.  I'd have been more productive taking a dump for that period of time!   
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2008 at 10:13am

This sounds exactly like a Gayden Crystalmeth or Natalie Shortman movie. 
Did he finally give up acting? Not yet? Damn!

Originally posted by Tyleben

This is an obvious Worst Picture contender; but I'm too cheap to get a membership.  I just wish I hadn't wasted 2 hours of my evening after work.  I'd have been more productive taking a dump for that period of time!   

Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2008 at 7:11pm
It's evident that Hayden had not yet cleared the "Darth Vader" from his system when he made this movie --  His "playing the hero" wasn't up to what I had anticipated.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 10:48am
This film was No. 5 on Moviefone's Top 10 Worst Movies of 2008...AND IT DIDN'T MAKE THE NOMINATING BALLOT!?  I don't believe it!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 2:59pm

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

This film was No. 5 on Moviefone's Top 10 Worst Movies of 2008...AND IT DIDN'T MAKE THE NOMINATING BALLOT!?  I don't believe it!

I remember Hayden being under the Worst Actor catagory and rightfully so. "Jumper" is now playing on HBO this month, so that will give voters a chance to see just how bad of a job he really did.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>