Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > JUMPER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Does JUMPER Belong in the Dumper??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does JUMPER Belong in the Dumper??
    Posted: February 12 2008 at 2:04am

STARRING 2005 WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR RAZZIE® "WINNER" (and 2007 WORST SCREEN COUPLE NOMINEE) HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN, with PLOT HOLES BIG ENOUGH to SNEAK a PYRAMID THRU and REVIEWS SUGGESTING IT SHOULD be ONE of OUR CONTENDERS, JUMPER IS a TOTAL WASTE of TIME. THE ONE THING IT DOES HAVE GOING for IT, SAMUEL L. JACKSON as a CHARACTER HUNTING DOWN CHRISTENSEN (NOW THERE'S a PLOT POINT WE COULD GET BEHIND) ISN'T IN the MOVIE ENOUGH to SAVE IT...

NOW IT's YOUR TURN -- JUMP RIGHT IN!

HAYDEN: "Okay, so maybe this wasn't the smartest 

place to set up my yard sale..."   

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 7:56am
I think "Step Up 2 The Streets" will be worse.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 8:35am
I'm really looking forward to this movie, even though I like brainless action movies. However, I do like the director, who made Bourne 1 and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 10:03am
I thought the whole teleportation element looked pretty awsome. Even if it did remind of Sliders, which I was a huge fan of during its run on TV.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 5:04pm

This movie feels like this years's "Invasion": It has that whole "This movie is a disaster and we are going to lose a lot of money, so let's recast it with people that will make this happen for sure". So I went IMDB and sure enough my inner sense was right...

The roles of Davey and Millie were originally cast with Tom Sturridge and Teresa Palmer. After 2 months of filming and inflating production costs, Hayden Christensen and Rachel Bilson were recast as the leads.

What better way of doing that than casting than man who literally killed Ainiken Skywalker. If that is what FOX is trying to d,o it will work in spades because no one saw the last 2 Star Wars Film's because of Hayden -- they saw Star Wars in spite of him. JUMPER will not have that same luck.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 9:18pm
But there is something good about this movie...

I lied, no there isn't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 9:25am
I thought the director was supposed to be good...ok, I know. Great directors sometimes make bad movies. But I was hoping for this to be good. Anywho, I might watch Spiderwick Chronicles.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 12:37am

Here's something else I have heard: Eminem was originally considered for the lead role.

The film would have been very different with Eminem as the Jumper, and probably better than Hayden Christensen.  But would it have had a plot and story that wasn't made out of swiss cheese?

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 12:05pm
Probably not if they couldn't make the main character any more sympathetic than he pretends to be here.  Seriously, Lavrenti Beria would emminate more warmth than this guy. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 10:35am
I just saw it. I had a good time. Also, I'm getting my dad to take me to "Steet Kings" and "Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 12:47pm
I saw Spiderwick and was a bit disappointed. I've made a theory: People who have watched movies based on books will be more critical than a person who hasn't because there's something to compare to. Yes, I was disappointed they deleted the 4th book for the film...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 4:40am
moviewizguy might be on to something. Case in point: "Eragon". People who havn't read the book hate, but the people who have read really hate. I was talking to some kids at school who read the "Eragon" books and they said they movie was the worst film the've ever seen. Similarly, "Batman & Robin" is my least favorite film because of Der Schumacher's disrespect of the Batman. He may claim to be a fan, but after what he did, I say he hates them. Also, he messed up two facts every die-hard Batman fan knows. First: "Dick Grayson will become Nighthawk". Grayson becomes Nightwing. Second: "The Thing breaks Batman's back". Bane did that and The Thing isn't even DC; he's Marvel.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 9:14am
my brother read Eragon and watched it and hated it...I have yet to read it and watch it.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 9:18am
Somehow this piece of garbage managed to pull just about $68 million worldwide , Just goes to show that the youth of our world is so hard up for a action/adventure movie that they will even see this blantly god awful movie. I guess the bright side is it looks like the executives that green light this XMEN/STAR WARS wannabe rip off at FOX can breath easier now knowing they will still have jobs when they go back to work tomorrow. Hopefully they will not put us through a sequel!!!!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 9:41am

Ok. I just saw it. Was decent, if not good (6/10):

A genetic anomaly allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years between "Jumpers" and those who have sworn to kill them.

This is the type of film where you go along with it. There's no need to have your millions of questions answered. Maybe, for some of you, the film needs to answer questions you will have after you've finished this film. But I'm one of those people who don't mind. In fact, I really didn't mind it during Spiderwick Chronicles and Cloverfield.

Those three films have one thing in common: SHORT RUNNING TIME. You could've probably expect with it's time running 83 minutes that you'll probably have a serious let down. Of course, the director is Doug Liman! He's a great director. I just don't see the problem with adding about 30 more minutes to fill us in.

On the other hand, having that to be sacrificed, you have the movie running in a fast pace. That's why you don't care who's who and what's what. You go along with it. One problem: LACKLUSTER ACTION SCENES. I will say that the action here is good but not great. The special effects are great but the whole jumping thing gets really old really fast.

So this film turns out to be a huge let-down, lackluster, disappointing action film by Doug Liman. The performances are decent and I like the film overall. I just thought it could've been better. It's your choice to see this or not.

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

It's your choice to see this or not.

...It's also your choice also to roll up a $20 dollar bill and then smoke it, I'll just wait for it to either come on free TV or it goes in the $1.00 bin at Wall-mart.

Words to live by:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>