Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > JUMPER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Does JUMPER Belong in the Dumper??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does JUMPER Belong in the Dumper??
    Posted: January 06 2009 at 6:33pm

Seriously, I didn't see the movie or the actor on the nominating ballot.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 10:15am
Thank God they're makin'a sequel!They'll solve the plot holes,and this movie will be justified.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Vits

Thank God they're makin'a sequel!They'll solve the plot holes,and this movie will be justified.
I'm sorry, you're "glad" they are making a sequel to a BAD movie?

Little lesson about Hollywood, they don't like to fix plot holes, they like to pretend they don't exist. "Transformers 2" is a key example of that. And as for a sequel, Vits, all Hollywood makes nowadays are movies with two pre-planned sequels. They were going to make a sequel to this no matter how it did at the B.O. or how badly critics ripped it apart.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 3:19pm

Thank you for the lesson, but I'm still trying to figure out whether the plotholes in Trannies 2 were elements of the comic books/TV series/past movies or mistakes Michael Bay forgot to remove during post-production.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I'm sorry, you're "glad" they are making a sequel to a BAD movie?

Little lesson about Hollywood, they don't like to fix plot holes, they like to pretend they don't exist. "Transformers 2" is a key example of that. And as for a sequel, Vits, all Hollywood makes nowadays are movies with two pre-planned sequels. They were going to make a sequel to this no matter how it did at the B.O. or how badly critics ripped it apart.

Yes and no.I'm glad for the sequel,but I wish that if they make movies with planned sequels,they leave things open,but not plot holes.Like my boy Shyamalan's UNBREAKABLE.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Thank you for the lesson, but I'm still trying to figure out whether the plotholes in Trannies 2 were elements of the comic books/TV series/past movies or mistakes Michael Bay forgot to remove during post-production.
I'll answer that for you: MICHAEL BAY! He forgot to remove the plot holes? No, he didn't care! He got to film this explosions and Megan Fox bending over and whatever else gets him hot and bothered and then went to spend the undeserving millions he was paid to "film" that piece of s***.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 2:16pm
Wow!I thought your name was after the Alan Smithee movie,but cleary you hate Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 3:21pm

Wow!I thought your name was after the Alan Smithee movie,but cleary you hate Hollywood.
Yes, the irony that I picked that name, based on a bad movie that was suppose to mock Hollywood. Yes, I hate Hollywood. It has lost all creativity. Now everything is a sequel, remake, reboot, etc. They can't leave well enough alone. They are greedy and will throw anything on the screen, hoping people will mistake their s*** for ice cream and eat it up. And what's worse is that it usually works, ie. "Transformers 2".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 12:20pm
But when you chose your name,did you already knew about the movie?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 2:52pm

But when you chose your name,did you already knew about the movie?
I was just thinking of a title that would be most fitting to in define my hatred of Hollywood. And it wasn't until after I finished my profile that I realized, "oops, that's the name of a movie!".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 3:03pm
Can't you edit your name?

Anyway,I'll still see the sequels to JUMPER and UNBREAKABLE.

B.T.W.,I just joined Rotten Tomatoes.This is my profile.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 3:56pm

Anyway,I'll still see the sequels to JUMPER and UNBREAKABLE.
Well, a sequel to "Jumper" just further proves my hatred of Hollywood, which now makes sequels to any movie that is A) overall bad and B) only break even at the box office. As for "Unbreakable 2", the original was 10 years ago and Mister Shy admitted it was his least favorite of his movies. But I guess with the whole superhero movie craze, now would be the best time to cash in on a movie that was about a modern day/"real life" superhero.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 8:42am
1)The sequel was planned from the beginnin'.
2)UNBREAKABLE is Night's favorite of his movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 11:05am

1)The sequel was planned from the beginnin'.
2)UNBREAKABLE is Night's favorite of his movies.

1. I know. 2. From what I read, he hated it and how depressing it was and how it ended in this grey area.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 11:17am
Where did you read that?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 11:39am

Where did you read that?
It was in a newpaper. But then again, it was written back in 2002, when he was making "Signs", so maybe he changed his mind since then. That or he just realized it was the one movie of his that could be the most profitable as a sequel, especially with the superhero movie craze we're having now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>