Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > JUMPER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Does JUMPER Belong in the Dumper??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does JUMPER Belong in the Dumper??
    Posted: February 25 2010 at 11:48am
I read it on Wikipedia.I know that's not a certain source,but it's more recent than your article.

I don't think that's the kind of things he considers when he rates his movies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 7:49am
Here's some things I think you should consider when rating this movie: 

1. When it's clear ALL the actors just wanted a quick paycheck for their bills because they are ALL sleepwalking their way through it...it's a bad movie. 

2. When the script doesn't explain ANYTHING, it's just all cryptic, one-liners with no detail...it's a bad movie. (I doubt "Star Wars" would have been as successful as it was if they never bothered to fully explain the Force, Darth Vader, etc.). 

3. When it's supposed to be an action movie, but we can't follow the action at all...it's a bad movie. 

4. When your movie is about teleportation, but the most creative thing you do with it is have a British double-decker bus flip over in Egypt...it's a bad movie. 

5. When EVERY character is not so much a well-rounded, fleshed-out character, but is nothing more than plot devices...it's a bad movie. 

Need I go on?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 12:36pm
So you think all the success STAR WARS received in 1977 was fake up until 2005?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2010 at 1:51pm
No. In the original 1977 movie, they did give some explaination as to what the Force was and so forth. However, if they went about it like "Jumper" did, every time Obi-Wan used the Force in front of Luke, and Luke asked how he was able to do that, Obi-Wan would have replied, "It's just something I can do." Not very informative now, is it? 

As for the prequels, they do not exist to me.  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234