Forum Home Forum Home > MOVIES & DVDs of the WEEK > Worst Movie of the Week
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DOOGAL as Worst Movie of the Week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DOOGAL as Worst Movie of the Week
    Posted: February 24 2006 at 10:45am

DOOGAL

With the voice of 2006 Oscar host Jon Stewart as "an evil red spring" (Stewart's own words on DAILY SHOW the other night) flat animation, a cutesy-pie story and cardboard characters, this is exactly the kind of post-natal drivel that parents HATE sitting through with their kids -- and kids themselves probably won't sit through willingly. Stewart himself, promoting the film on LARRY KING LIVE, responded to King's remark shat Stewart might be nominated for this film by declaring: "Yeah -- For a RAZZIE!" It's title, by the way, is almost an anagram of "Dog Offal"...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 6:53am
holy crap he got a movie
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 7:24am
Jon Stewart, what the (EXPLETIVE) are you doing here?!?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Jack Spencer Jr View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 4:10am
This appears to be the place to put this, but Doogal is the worst movie I had even seen. I've seen my share of bad movies, and this one ranks as the worst.

To put this into perspective, I rented this at the same time as Alone In the Dark. I had not seen a Uwe Boll movie yet at the time, and decided to pop my cherry, as it were, that weekend. The wife, who puts up with more cinematic crap than she bargained for when she accepted my proposal, chose to rent Doogal. "It looks cute," she said. "I heard it was terrible," I said, but she never listens to me.

Ever.

So we get home and I ask which movie she wants to watch first. Ironically, she says "The good one," referring to Doogal. So I popped the disc into the PS2 and we watched.

About ten minutes in, I attempted to get the cat to eat me, but he wouldn't, the ungrateful bastard!

Twenty minutes in, I was slamming my head in the bathroom door to ease the pain.

Twenty-five minutes in, I became giddy, like I had been drinking vodka by the gallon.

At this point, most normal people ask me why I didn't just shut the movie off. My response is, "When will I ever see something this bad again?"

It was unbelievable. Joke after joke after joke misfired like dominoes. It is a well know fact that comedies make for the worst sort of bad movies since a serious bad movie is comedy, but a bad comedy is painful. And the worst kind of comedy is a family film since most of the humor, even in the good ones, tends to be too toothless to be more than amusing to anyone who's age has reached double digits... that and toilet humor.

Doogal is like a perfect storm of awfulness. How it escaped nomination, much less winning astounds me. And the worst part is, after watching it, Alone In the Dark didn't seem that bad. My first Uwe Boll movie ruined by the much crappier movie I watched before it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 3:48pm
Skip to 00:39.
Thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2014 at 11:51am
I heard the only reason why this movies sucks so bad is because this is the AMERICAN dub version of The Magic Roundabout which actually was well received by critics in the U.K.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/magic_roundabout_movie/

And now the poor american dub version:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1156283-doogal/

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2014 at 1:02pm
I'm sure that the English version has a lot less pop culture references, but the general dialogue has to be the same. That plus the plot and animation are the reason why I said... Well, my comments on the movie are in the video above your post.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply