Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > BASICALLY, IT STINKS, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Douglas Dumps on BASIC STINK, TOO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Douglas Dumps on BASIC STINK, TOO
    Posted: April 10 2006 at 10:59am

THE WISDOM of MOSES -- AND THE BEARD, TOO!

In an MSNBC interview promoting his new film THE SENTINEL, Michael Douglas, RAZZIE Nominated as Worst Actor for the original BASICALLY IT STINKS, was asked if he was "pretty happy" he turned down BASICALLY, IT STINKS, TOO. “I don't wish ill will on anybody,” Douglas said. The sequel bombed at the box office, making barely $5 million in its first 10 days of release.

“We did an awfully good job a number of years ago,” Michael said. “Sharon was wonderful, and that's why I didn't get involved. It's a very hard thing to recreate.”

Was he  shocked that it opened at #10?  “I was really surprised," Douglas replied. Asked if he had actually declared in turning down BI-2 "I was not about to show my ass again at an age when it is not respectable,” Douglas laughed and said: “That is a very accurate quote...”

Copyright 2006 by NBC. All rights reserved 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 1:34am

"I was not about to show my ass again at an age when it is not respectable,”

I wish Terry Bradshaw had thought of that

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
jeanericuser View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeanericuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 11:02am
A wise man makes a wise decision. Good move, Mr Douglas.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 12:48pm

"I was not about to show my ass again at an age when it is not
respectable...”

Why do I keep thinking of Lainie Kazan in Gigli??
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 2:32pm
Mike said it right: "we did an AWFULLY good job a number of years ago.."  duh, I bet he forgot exactly how many years ago it was!  It's tough to grow old  Mike, and our minds tend to forget the bad memories.   I have watched this movie twice now, first in a theater, then on DVD. The first time it wasn't bad, but the second time the movie had lost all it's appeal.  The real mark of a great thriller is that it can still thrill after repeated veiwings.  Basic Instinct boils down to just another cop-with-problems trying to solve a crime that REAL cops would have solved in a week.   IE: Real cops would have found Sharon Stone's finger prints all over that bed!
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 3:12pm
Well said Mike, if only you had turned down Shining Through as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply