Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > DRAGONBALL: EVOLUTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DRAGGIN’ Indeed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DRAGGIN’ Indeed!
    Posted: April 11 2009 at 5:06pm

I know $40M is an outrageous estimate for something that's competing against a teen-magnet and a cop comedy, but I think I might have found who or what might've given you that thought: LINK.  Ironically, he doesn't comtemplate its competitors, but he does give a logical reason why it might make that much, even though it was overestimated.

As far as Razzie nominations go, the only category that this film would probably make is Worst Remake or Ripoff, but it'll probably end up losing to Friday the 13th.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 12:31am
I'm STILL seeing random praise for the movie out and about out there. I'm wondering if it's not part of an inside sarcastic joke, though.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 10:32am

Haha, it made only $4 million, same as "Street Fighter: Chung-Li". That means it barely made a million dollar per day. That's just sad. Maybe H-Wood will get a clue and stop all productions of live action Americanized anime adaptations. Oh who am I kidding, H-Wood remains clueless no matter what.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 3:48pm
Just because this film isn't catching on doesn't mean there haven't been some horrible, horrible successes to throw everything off. F&F, Haunting in CT, etc...
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2009 at 8:42am
My friends saw the movie in theaters because they just had to know how bad it really was. They said it was on par with "Catwoman"! They even said the movie erased all memories of any good films they have ever seen in their lifetimes. "Godfather", "Citizen Kane", "Goodfellas", "Pulp Ficition", all replaced with memories of this horrid movie. When I told them I was a voting member of the Razzies, they told me that this movie better be listed all over the voting ballot come voting season. Word had it a sequel was already in the works. Judging from this stink bomb at the box office, that sequel will never come to be.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2009 at 11:54am
This movie had one really big thing going for it. Expectations were so low, that all it had to do was not result in spontaneous brain aneurysms to actually be considered a success, which could explain why there are a smattering of good reviews. I have to admit that there is a morbid sort of curiosity that makes me want to head out and see this film, and so far I have had better things to do... Next week though, I may have to do bad movie catch-up... And may the FSM have mercy on me then.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 12:04pm
My classmates and I LOATHE this movie. This movie has GOT to "win" Worst Screenplay!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 2:00pm
I rented DBE on my PS3, and it made me LOL.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

My classmates and I LOATHE this movie. This movie has GOT to "win" Worst Screenplay!!!

As I wrote above, my friends hated it, too. As for winning Worst Screenplay, that's going to be a hard choice considering all the other crappy screenplays there are to choose from. It's almost like the studioheads figured "Since this movie is going to be seen by mostly 12 year olds, we'll have 12 year olds to write it!" That would certainly explain alot.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 3:51am
My morbid curiosity continues to linger, Waiting for this to hit the internet streaming movies on Netflix, then I don't ever have to touch a physical copy of this abomination... Of course, the spontaneous brain aneurysm might be a bad thing...
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

My morbid curiosity continues to linger, Waiting for this to hit the internet streaming movies on Netflix, then I don't ever have to touch a physical copy of this abomination... Of course, the spontaneous brain aneurysm might be a bad thing...
In the event you do watch the movie, just be sure to hide any and all sharp objects and poisoness material beforehand. It's for your own safety.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 2:01pm

Michaels, I hope CriticalFrank heard your friends: This movie is like a Dementor: Its influence, as long as it lasts, wipes your memory clean of good memories and traps you with horrid ones.

CriticalFrank, unless it's curiosity like you've never experienced before, I'd take their word for it. If it is record-breaking curiosity, dispose of all guns, explosives, and poisons first, then remove from your access any and all swords, axes, spears, bracers (which enhance fist power), knives, maces, flails and nunchakus, bows and arrows, staves, flat weapons (like hammers and skillets), spell tomes, and all throwing weapons like boomerangs and shurikens.

Besides all that, my biggest fear is that my friends will see where this movie ranks on my Bottom 40 of Double-O-Nine, and they'll revolt: As deep as it ranked, it won't be deep enough.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Besides all that, my biggest fear is that my friends will see where this movie ranks on my Bottom 40 of Double-O-Nine, and they'll revolt: As deep as it ranked, it won't be deep enough.
Considering you and I both have to warn people not to have any lethal objects near by when watching the movie, you would think this piece of junk would be somewhere in your Bottom 5 or 10, not 40.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Again, I watched it on my PS3... They have it on that at least. but yea, make sure you don't pay for it like I did. It's worth a larf, especially if you know anything about Dragon Ball, but this kind of behavior shouldn't be encouraged. It's like a kid poking a dead cat with a stick, it's kinda funny at first, but it gets disturbing after an hour or so.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 6:28pm
It's like poking a dead cat with a stick? Aw hell yeah! Sign me up for that! I think I better buy multiple copies, just to be safe...
bbally View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bbally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 3:13pm
The only thing that was even watchable in this film was Chow Yun Fat, who I actually felt got the character about right (I stress on the word about though) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>