Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > DRAGONBALL: EVOLUTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DRAGGIN’ Indeed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DRAGGIN’ Indeed!
    Posted: March 06 2010 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by bbally

The only thing that was even watchable in this film was Chow Yun Fat, who I actually felt got the character about right (I stress on the word about though) 

Or the hotness that is Jaime Chung, but neither aspect is worth watching the movie for.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 5:27pm
I like Emmy Rossum... but this movie is ONLY for people who:
A) Like Dragon Ball
B) Wanted to watch it to laugh at it
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 2:06pm
Here in Latin America,a lot of anime shows,includin'DRAGON BALL,were things that defined the youn'generations from the'90's,which includes me.So I want to know,from a fan's point of view,how bad is it.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 3:53pm
It's extremely bad. I've asked around my school what their most hated film was, and one of the five most common responses was Dragonball: Evolution.

SAN JUU BAN
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 4:01pm
It's the kind of bad you can laugh at, at least.
-Iron helps us play-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 3:47pm
You were right.This was bad,but in a laughable way.

The biggest problem was that director James Wong changed a lot of things,knowing fans would get mad,in order for the movie to be more realistic.This is DRAGONBALL!It shouldn't be realistic!

I give this 3/10.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 5:36pm
Or lesson being Hollywood can't make a good live action anime movie even if the lives of their children depended on it.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 9:00am
Actually Anime just can't be adapted into live-action.It's hard to explain but if you look at it you'll understand.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Vits

Actually Anime just can't be adapted into live-action.It's hard to explain but if you look at it you'll understand.
Well yeah, the only thing you can really do is convert it a CGI film, but anime is just too creative and animated to be mad into live action.
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2014 at 11:22am
Why didn't this movie swept the 2010 razzie ceremony? 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2014 at 12:06pm
Rushmore, at first I thought it was because it wasn't seen by a lot of people. But then I realized that ALL ABOUT STEVE did worse at the box office. Now I think it's because this movie didn't have major stars, and the Worst Picture nominees did.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234