Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Duz the Number 2 Refer 2 Whatz in the Diaper??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duz the Number 2 Refer 2 Whatz in the Diaper??
    Posted: October 12 2010 at 7:19pm
Say, for example, you took 10 Grand (all you could spare) to a roulette table and bet on 31 Black, then won. You'd receive over 360 Grand. Would you make the same bet again on 31 Black? If you could win 12 and a half Megadollars, but the odds of winning twice in a row were about 1,444 to 1, would you still make the bet? I don't see how it's any different with the Paranormal Activity subseries. With the cast and crew completely switched around (big mistake!) and having to hide it from critics, this could easily go the way of Caddyshack II and Basic Instinct 2. Ouch
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 4:45pm
I do, moviewizguy, it's "Blair Witch Project 2" all over again, like HeadRazz explained above. I knew beyond a shadow of any doubt that when the first movie made as much money as it did, the studio would be drooling at the thought of making a sequel. Because that's what studios do best --accidentally have a good movie fall into their laps and then they follow it up with crappy knock-offs in which not a single person who worked on the first movie comes back! 

Damn it all to hell, I hate Hollywood! I hope they go the way of Las Vegas, which from what I hear, is dying a slow death from lack of jobs, tourists, and gamblers. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 3:27pm
I really don't know what to think of this...  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 11:55am
THE ORIGINAL PARANORMAL ACTIVITY WAS a PHENOMENON, GROSSING OVER $190 MILLION WORLDWIDE on a REPUTED PRODUCTION BUDGET of JUST $15,000 -- MAKING IT PERHAPS the MOST PROFITABLE MOVIE in HOLLYWOOD HISTORY. ANY SANE PERSON WOULD REALIZE THAT YOU CAN'T MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THAT OCCUR TWICE... 

BUT, JUST LIKE with the RAZZIE® "WINNING" BOOK OF SHADOWS: BLAIR WITCH,TOO a DECADE AGO, PARAMOUNT COULDN'T RESIST the SIREN CALL of TRYING ONCE AGAIN to MAKE BUCKETS o' BUX with LITTLE OR NO UPFRONT COST. PROBLEM IS, JUST LIKE with BLAIR, TOO, ALMOST NO ONE from the FIRST FILM HAS RETURNED BEHIND the CAMERA for PARANORMAL 2: NEITHER THIS FILM's DIRECTOR NOR ITS SCREENWRITER (WHOSE PREVIOUS CREDITS ARE ALMOST ALL in TV, NOT FEATURES) HAD a THING to DO WITH the FIRST FILM. 

ADD in THAT the PROMOs for IT SHOW ALMOST NOTHING (SEE STILL BELOW) and THAT CRITICS ARE NOT BEING SHOWN the FILM 'TILL AFTER ITS RELEASE, and IT's an ALMOST PERFECT REPLAY of BLAIR, TOO...RIGHT DOWN to ITS "WINNING" a WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL RAZZIE®?? 

FEEL FREE to RANT 'n' RAVE BELOW... 

BONUS LINK/ADD'L FUN READING: HERE's a LINK to an L.A. TIMES ARTICLE ABOUT the MAKING and MARKETING of THIS MOVIE, WHOSE MAKERS WERE WELL AWARE of the INEVITABLE COMPARISONS to BLAIR WITCH,TOO, and WHO BUDGETED THIS SEQUEL at $3 MILLION -- 200 TIMES WHAT the ORIGINAL COST...

WE ASSUME THAT's a BOMB-SNIFFING DOG...and 
THAT SOMETHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE HAS CAUGHT 
HIS ATTENTION!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123